Sponsored by:

Sports chrono

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2024, 10:37 PM
Sk7499
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by McKlyde
Thanks for trying it out! Sad to see that even then it won't activate sport plus. It sounds like the best way to go about this now is to figure out what CAN signals the AC module sends out. Perhaps a single bit just to activate sport plus mode.
I'm curious did you try setting individual mode? You can set sport plus in individual mode in the cluster. Does that work? If it doesn't does it switch you to sport? or just normal?

I have wired CAN sniffer ready and wired up - just not wired to the gateway. I'm hoping that there's an extension harness out there. (Seems like VW MQB platform has CAN extension) or maybe a part number to the CAN gateway plug. Some track data loggers out there are using posi taps but not sure if I wanna do that yet...
Not to mention having a CAN extension harness means I can sniff other peoples cars (with sport plus) in a non obtrusive manner.

Prob a encrypted signal. Wish someone can figure this out I'll keep trying
Old 06-30-2024, 07:43 PM
Hank Cohn
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

It's funny when you read through a post like this and the next thing you know, you want to add Sport Plus too. Some questions specific to 991.1.
  • Looks like the Sport Plus Button should [needs] to be the second button on the left. If you have other buttons currently there, like PASM a Traction Control do you have tome them reassign them in PIWIS? It seems like order matters here.
  • Is there a need to bother with the analog clock on the dash? I would likely never use that.
  • What about other missing items like PADM. Perhaps Sport Plus won't activate as it does not see that option.
  • I see on several 991.1 and 991.1S the sport steering wheel has an illuminated Sport and Sport Plus indicator message on the left spoke.
I have put together my own PIWIS 2 PC using the .ova file and am waiting for the hardware to arrive.

The Autosvs option actually looks like the most cost effective and surefire way to get Sport Plus functionality. Has no one on the forum tried one?
Is adding the actual button as simple as purchasing one from eBay or the dealership?

I am surprised that Porsche's CAN communications aren't encrypted and that one could successfully sniff data packets.

Interesting challenge and thank you for any answers to the above.

Hank
Old 07-04-2024, 01:42 PM
Sk7499
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Hank Cohn
It's funny when you read through a post like this and the next thing you know, you want to add Sport Plus too. Some questions specific to 991.1.
  • Looks like the Sport Plus Button should [needs] to be the second button on the left. If you have other buttons currently there, like PASM a Traction Control do you have tome them reassign them in PIWIS? It seems like order matters here.
  • Is there a need to bother with the analog clock on the dash? I would likely never use that.
  • What about other missing items like PADM. Perhaps Sport Plus won't activate as it does not see that option.
  • I see on several 991.1 and 991.1S the sport steering wheel has an illuminated Sport and Sport Plus indicator message on the left spoke.
I have put together my own PIWIS 2 PC using the .ova file and am waiting for the hardware to arrive.

The Autosvs option actually looks like the most cost effective and surefire way to get Sport Plus functionality. Has no one on the forum tried one?
Is adding the actual button as simple as purchasing one from eBay or the dealership?

I am surprised that Porsche's CAN communications aren't encrypted and that one could successfully sniff data packets.

Interesting challenge and thank you for any answers to the above.

Hank
Autosvs. I think that has bad reviews as a seller so people are hesitant. Maybe one day someone will solve this would love to have it working. I don't think the switch order matters but I could be wrong. If u get anywhere or need help trung something I'd try on my 991
Old 07-05-2024, 12:07 AM
Jack F
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 756 Likes on 536 Posts

My buddy just bought a base 2017 without SC. He’d be interested in adding this if it was seamless and reliable.
Old 07-05-2024, 09:19 AM
roketman
Rennlist Member

Received 221 Likes on 93 Posts
Default Sport chronol

By 2019 did not have the sport Krono, but there was a thread on here that explained how to do it try using the search button. Anyway, I bought my sport Krono from the dealer was like 600 bucks. I know I got a deal on it as I’ve done driving schools for them Anyway they installed it. They obviously knew what they were doing. It works like a charm. Best of luck in your search success.
Old 07-05-2024, 02:26 PM
joserpaq
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by joserpaq
I might be interested as well. Are we clear on what would be required to active SC with S+ aside from buying the solution from Autosvs? What esle would be needed to complete the upgrade?
I was able to activate sports+ and chrono feature using a clock a bought on Amazon with SC code. If you look at my post you’ll see description. I’ve seen it’s hit or miss for other but you should try before spending the money on this expensive solution. I got it all working including adding buttons for sports+ and PSE and did both upgrades for less than $350.
Old 07-05-2024, 03:08 PM
Sk7499
Intermediate

I was able to activate sports+ and chrono feature using a clock a bought on Amazon with SC code. If you look at my post you’ll see description. I’ve seen it’s hit or miss for other but you should try before spending the money on this expensive solution. I got it all working including adding buttons for sports+ and PSE and did both upgrades for less than $350.
The problem is the code I don't know where to get it. Any chance u have the sellers info that sold it to u.
Old 07-05-2024, 03:10 PM
joserpaq
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Sk7499
The problem is the code I don't know where to get it. Any chance u have the sellers info that sold it to u.
sent you DM.
Old 07-05-2024, 03:33 PM
Sk7499
Intermediate

sent you DM.
Thx ill see what I can figure out I'll reach out.
Old 07-06-2024, 10:01 PM
Sk7499
Intermediate

I'm also exploring a group buy. Anyone open to it? Just want see if there is intreasted maybe we can bring the price point way down if we get enough people

https://autosvs.com/porsche-sport-ch...e-718-boxster/
The following 2 users liked this post by Sk7499:
it_manager (07-07-2024), Jim981CS (07-07-2024)
Old 07-07-2024, 12:45 AM
Jim981CS
Pro

Received 280 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by Sk7499
I'm also exploring a group buy. Anyone open to it? Just want see if there is intreasted maybe we can bring the price point way down if we get enough people

https://autosvs.com/porsche-sport-ch...e-718-boxster/
As I stated in post #19 above at the right price I would be interested in a group buy.👍 I already have the sports plus button installed in the console and would not need it. I also have the 16 digit hacked code tied to my vin, that I used to activate the sports chrono function in the PCM3.1 and SC dash clock (but was not able to activate the Sports Plus button). So I still may need their code if it’s unique to their box??? Mine is a 2014 Cayman S 981 with an 1/14 build date and I have a PIWIS2 clone and no PPN.
Jim

Last edited by Jim981CS; 07-07-2024 at 04:48 PM.
Old 07-07-2024, 05:45 AM
it_manager
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Count me in, however I need just “magic box” and activation code. Other stuff already installed.
Old 07-08-2024, 10:30 PM
Sk7499
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Jim981CS
As I stated in post #19 above at the right price I would be interested in a group buy.👍 I already have the sports plus button installed in the console and would not need it. I also have the 16 digit hacked code tied to my vin, that I used to activate the sports chrono function in the PCM3.1 and SC dash clock (but was not able to activate the Sports Plus button). So I still may need their code if it’s unique to their box??? Mine is a 2014 Cayman S 981 with an 1/14 build date and I have a PIWIS2 clone and no PPN.
Jim
Can't get this to a reasonable price point at 100 units they lowered down to 875.. Looks like a no go to expensive I need this to be at 200 or less to make sense and it appears not that much intreasted people, will try other things for now I think it's a no go for me

Last edited by Sk7499; 07-08-2024 at 10:36 PM.
Old 07-08-2024, 11:05 PM
Rob's-981S
Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 15 Posts

Well... you got the price down lower than I was able; however IMHO there are two things that need to happen in order for this device to actually get sold:
  1. It is essential that we have verifiable users in North America who have thoroughly tested and validated the manufacturer's claims. I have approached AutoSVCS several times concerning this, asking for references as well as offering to 'Beta' Test... but absolutely no luck. I cannot find a single user or review anywhere on the internet. Have they actually sold ANY units? It is difficult to see how anyone is going to take a risk for $1,400...
  2. I think the price needs to be commensurate with other performance accessories. For me this means the unit would have to be priced around $600 in order to consider it... and for most people who don't own PIWIS one would have to add further costs for the custom programming; in which case $600 is probably too high. If it came with its own 'programmer' box with a guarantee that everything works or a full refund., then $600 might be reasonable.
Just my two cents!

In the mean time I am still trying to educate myself on Porsche's CANBus and how to interact with it. Basically, as I understand it the way things work is:
  • The CANBus 'master' (Gateway Control Unit) sends out a signal every now and again to ask the BKE (A/C control unit) "what Drive Mode are we in?"
  • It appears that the BKE can reply with nothing (meaning 'regular' mode), or a Byte that represents 'Sport' Mode, or a Byte representing 'Sport Plus' Mode.
  • If you have a vehicle without SP+, then I think one needs a circuit which monitors the local LINBus for the Sport Plus button press, then somehow bypasses the BKE and strips off the 'Sport' Byte and replaces it with 'Sport Plus'

This is as far as I've gotten so far; however I am pretty certain that the PIWIS programming that the AutoSVCS unit requires is something they have contrived in order to protect their unit from being copied. I am pretty sure they found some unused variable which is accessible in PIWIS and use it to match the unit's Serial Number (or similar). I suspect the Sport Plus upgrade can likely be achieved with nothing more than a 'plug & play' module, requiring only programming of the SP+ button... or maybe even the use of a 'stick-on', external button...
Old 07-08-2024, 11:32 PM
Hank Cohn
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I am interested in trying this and I have a working PIWIS 2 and PIWIS 3. I am not interested in the clock and am curious about several other components that my 991.1 does not have.

1. My car does not have PADM. This is one of the sport plus functions and it would be easy to imagine logic that says something like 'if exist PADM & etc. the enable sport plus otherwise do not.'
2. I think that there are specific keypad layouts for how your car is optioned and given my car's options, the Sport Plus button needs to be the second button on the left. I am not sure you can just add a button. Could be wrong about that.
3. There are some vague instructions posted from AutoSVS in this thread that are not specific enough for me to code using one of the PIWIS tools.

To me, it is worth taking a gamble to enable this feature, but I'd like to be reasonably sure that, once purchased, documentation or support exists to perform the required steps.

It is surprising that no Rennlister has tried this option.

Thank you,
Hank

Quick Reply: Sports chrono