Sponsored by:

PCM 3.1 Navigation

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2022, 10:19 PM
Pavegeno928
Rennlist Member

Received 450 Likes on 237 Posts

Originally Posted by Autobahnschreck
I successfully loaded the 2022/2021 European maps myself, entering the license key (based on my cars individual VIN) from USB-stick first, 5 DVDs with map data thereafter.
Took 80 minutes to complete. No problems encountered. Prior & thereafter status was SW V4.76 (since 2016 map upgrade).
During loading maps with ignition on, you should either drive the car/have motor running, or support the starter battery with a charger capable of 15-20 Amps.
The problems reported with the 2022 data, at least for European market cars, t.m.b.k. seem to be associated with an earlier hardware of the PCM 3.1. For those who have the "jukebox" feature (enlarged SATA-100GB HDD inside), 2021/2021 maps work fine, former versions have to stick to 2019 until PAG will issue a solution.
I had Jukebox and it did not work. They replaced my hard drive and new maps loaded with 4.52. I am having an issue with Sat Radio now. Thee Sat radio works, but Sirius is telling me the receiver is not compatible to receive Sirius Nav/Traffic and Weather which I had for years on my previous PCM.

I'll hit up the dealer later this week.
Old 08-15-2022, 01:31 PM
coffeeisgood
Pro

Received 96 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by Pavegeno928
I just got mine in the mail from Suncoast Porsche. Late 2021 Map update. https://www.suncoastparts.com/product/SKU9X1PCM31.html

You get the shop disks and the license key. Only the dealer can activate the license key to make the new maps usable.

Taking it to the dealer next week for install.
interesting the link / part for the PCM 3.1 2021 north America update is already down
after you get this update compete, can you take some photo / video of anything notable different? (graphics, map interface, etc.)
Old 08-15-2022, 02:46 PM
Pavegeno928
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by coffeeisgood
interesting the link / part for the PCM 3.1 2021 north America update is already down
after you get this update compete, can you take some photo / video of anything notable different? (graphics, map interface, etc.)
The DVDs were defective and caused some problems. Hopefully this will re-issue them. I was able to get mine updated after a PCM replacement (under warranty). If y ou hold the SOURCE and INFO buttons together and you can see the history of map loads. The 2021 update should have the information below. Since they are likely to re-issue the maps at some point, it may be different. As far as specific updates and changes to the map data, who knows what changed?

Old 08-15-2022, 02:55 PM
Noah Fect
Rennlist Member

Received 1,301 Likes on 886 Posts

I had Jukebox and it did not work. They replaced my hard drive and new maps loaded with 4.52. I am having an issue with Sat Radio now. Thee Sat radio works, but Sirius is telling me the receiver is not compatible to receive Sirius Nav/Traffic and Weather which I had for years on my previous PCM.

I'll hit up the dealer later this week.
Minor point: when I replaced my hard drive with an SSD, the Jukebox did not work for the first 10-20 minutes or so, after which it returned to normal operation. It evidently had to rebuild an index somewhere.
Old 08-21-2022, 01:12 PM
coffeeisgood
Pro

Received 96 Likes on 70 Posts

The DVDs were defective and caused some problems. Hopefully this will re-issue them. I was able to get mine updated after a PCM replacement (under warranty). If y ou hold the SOURCE and INFO buttons together and you can see the history of map loads. The 2021 update should have the information below. Since they are likely to re-issue the maps at some point, it may be different. As far as specific updates and changes to the map data, who knows what changed?
can we see some pictures of the maps / interface
very curious if there is any differences in the actual map display (not just content)
Old 08-21-2022, 02:25 PM
Pavegeno928
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by coffeeisgood
can we see some pictures of the maps / interface
very curious if there is any differences in the actual map display (not just content)
No differences at all. Just updated content.
Old 10-11-2022, 09:14 AM
shlangster
3rd Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi, could anybody help me please? I bought USB updates from the website mentioned above. The car was made for russian market and had only russian map. Update went well, now I can see the map of Europe but it always navigates me through russia. Then I found out that it has russian database selected. The problem is that I'm unable to switch to european database. Nothing happens when I click Yes. How to fix that?

Old 10-11-2022, 06:07 PM
Pavegeno928
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by shlangster
Hi, could anybody help me please? I bought USB updates from the website mentioned above. The car was made for russian market and had only russian map. Update went well, now I can see the map of Europe but it always navigates me through russia. Then I found out that it has russian database selected. The problem is that I'm unable to switch to european database. Nothing happens when I click Yes. How to fix that?

Sounds like a problem with the load. I had my car in Europe and USA and can switch between the two without an issue by pressing "Yes"
Old 10-12-2022, 11:10 AM
shlangster
3rd Gear

Fixed. In engineering menu removed code for russia. Reboot, it loaded Europe automatically. Then entered code back and now I'm able to switch databases.
The following users liked this post:
Pavegeno928 (10-12-2022)
Old 08-04-2023, 03:15 PM
mr.dorin
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fixed. In engineering menu removed code for russia. Reboot, it loaded Europe automatically. Then entered code back and now I'm able to switch databases.
Can you or somebody explain how to do that.
I have same situation in my Macan from USA. I update the European Map Databese but can't switch to this from the PCM Menu.
Old 08-04-2023, 08:04 PM
shlangster
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by mr.dorin
Can you or somebody explain how to do that.
I have same situation in my Macan from USA. I update the European Map Databese but can't switch to this from the PCM Menu.
In engineering menu find something like SWActivation.NavDBUSA and open it. There you can see a row named UnlockCode. Take a photo of the code. Then touch it and delete the value using backspace. Save changes and reboot by holding INFO button. After that your european maps should be loaded. If you want to use both databases - enter removed code for USA back and reboot again.
Old 08-07-2023, 12:32 PM
mr.dorin
2nd Gear

In engineering menu find something like SWActivation.NavDBUSA and open it. There you can see a row named UnlockCode. Take a photo of the code. Then touch it and delete the value using backspace. Save changes and reboot by holding INFO button. After that your european maps should be loaded. If you want to use both databases - enter removed code for USA back and reboot again.
Thanks fot help but no succes. I have delete USA code and reset it. When load back PCM not have anymore the USA maps, but I can't select any country of europe and can;t see the european maps. Any idea?
Old 10-14-2023, 04:47 PM
palmass222
3rd Gear

hi

I have a similar problem, I cannot change the database between Russia and Europe, the vehicle comes from the Russian market and was updated with the map of Europe, the engineer menu has also been activated, but I do not know how to access that menu .

Can someone tell me how to enter the engineer menu, what keys to press and how?

My system is a PCM3.1

Thank you
Old 12-18-2023, 07:47 AM
PcmCoding
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by palmass222
hi

I have a similar problem, I cannot change the database between Russia and Europe, the vehicle comes from the Russian market and was updated with the map of Europe, the engineer menu has also been activated, but I do not know how to access that menu .

Can someone tell me how to enter the engineer menu, what keys to press and how?

My system is a PCM3.1

Thank you
Source + Sound at the same time
Old 02-07-2024, 01:29 PM
Nighteagle1974
4th Gear

Hello,
i have also the PCM 3.1 and press and hold down at the same time Source + Sound and nothing happen.
I had hold for over 30 seconds and one time for over 1minute...nothing... Some trick?

I bought an Cayenne S with missing PCM - because a third party trash was build in. Now i have buy another PCM 3.1 and it works - it also communicate with the car - same data under CAR like in the dashbord.
But the PCM comes with old Firmware and also no DVD's for Maps or Navigation... i want first to clone the HDD and then make some experiments - have you soures for some datas?.
Often i read USB - but is there a USB somewhere on the PCM? See only an disc-insert and an thing like an SD-Card reader in the middle?

If someone can help me to became my Cayenne an original PCM - that would be appreciated.
Greeting from Germany,
Philipp

Quick Reply: PCM 3.1 Navigation