Sponsored by:

DSC V3 Controllers Back In Stock - Featuring Our **New RS Calibration**

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2022, 12:17 AM
Chimcu
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Burnt Reynolds
Mine should be here Thursday - looking forward to it! "Accidently" ordered during my 3rd scotch Friday evening
Best decisions are made after a few scotch
The following 2 users liked this post by Chimcu:
991_T (01-18-2022), The Ox (01-18-2022)
Old 01-18-2022, 03:13 AM
isugoo
Rennlist Member

Received 277 Likes on 190 Posts

Quick question, how do I know my V3 is pre or post 01/2021 version?
Old 01-18-2022, 09:00 AM
Chimcu
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Burnt Reynolds
Mine should be here Thursday - looking forward to it! "Accidently" ordered during my 3rd scotch Friday evening
Originally Posted by isugoo
Quick question, how do I know my V3 is pre or post 01/2021 version?
think there's a video how to check using the dsc tuner software
Old 01-18-2022, 10:03 AM
Targe19
Track Day

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Chimcu
think there's a video how to check using the dsc tuner software

The following users liked this post:
isugoo (01-18-2022)
Old 01-20-2022, 06:57 PM
panda911
Intermediate

Received 21 Likes on 6 Posts

@Tom@TPC Racing you guys should just rename this to V4. Those of us who have a 2020 module, for instance, and missed the 2021 cutoff by a few days are naturally going to be upset. You would be, too. This is a terrible look for the brand. I know you’re just replying with “sorry you feel this way”, but this is not right with those of us who have THE SAME NAME PRODUCT and are being told to just understand. Unbelievable way to do business. Congrats on your new product and hope your new clientele takes good care of you.
The following 2 users liked this post by panda911:
718spyder (01-21-2022), koala (01-21-2022)
Old 01-20-2022, 07:21 PM
roketman
Rennlist Member

Received 221 Likes on 93 Posts
Default DSC V3

All I can say is,this is the best bang for the buck out there.Great product and service
Old 01-20-2022, 08:38 PM
4 Point 0
Rennlist Member

Received 1,244 Likes on 660 Posts

Would a rose by any other name smell as sweet?

Personally I don't care if they all have the same name, so long as the development keeps continuing.
I bought the original DSC V3 Controller when it first came out. I had it shipped to Australia. By the time I paid duties, taxes, and conversion rates, it cost me double what you guys pay.

I have always been happy with the DSC. So when an up grade came along, I never messed around and sent the old one in to be up graded, I just bought a brand new unit with the new custom map on it. Plugged it in and man, it really sorted the car car out. I track all the time, so I really notice changes.

I buy a new iphone every year, with out question. Everyone has been better. If progress keeps continuing with the DSC, I'd be happy to buy a new one every year as well. You have to pay to play. This is such a cheap mod, its a no brainer.

I'm ready for V3.2 bring in on.

P.S. It can't be called V4, The V4 ha been released, it is not for our car. It clearly has it in the video above.

Tom, complainers are going to complain. Keep up with the cutting edge development. I am a firm believer of KAISEN - Constant and never ending improvement.
When I have to go deep under brakes, whilst passing a GT2-RS on the track, and I turn in hot, and the car pushes wide onto the glass like ripple strip, I am happy that I sprang for the latest DSC controller.
For those who stick to the speed limit on the street. The original V3 is more than enough.

The following 4 users liked this post by 4 Point 0:
IRunalot (03-10-2023), PathfinderGTS (02-01-2023), roketman (01-21-2022), spyderbret (01-20-2022)
Old 01-21-2022, 02:32 AM
Wujohn
Rennlist Member

Received 425 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by 4 Point 0
Would a rose by any other name smell as sweet?

Personally I don't care if they all have the same name, so long as the development keeps continuing.
I bought the original DSC V3 Controller when it first came out. I had it shipped to Australia. By the time I paid duties, taxes, and conversion rates, it cost me double what you guys pay.

I have always been happy with the DSC. So when an up grade came along, I never messed around and sent the old one in to be up graded, I just bought a brand new unit with the new custom map on it. Plugged it in and man, it really sorted the car car out. I track all the time, so I really notice changes.

I buy a new iphone every year, with out question. Everyone has been better. If progress keeps continuing with the DSC, I'd be happy to buy a new one every year as well. You have to pay to play. This is such a cheap mod, its a no brainer.

I'm ready for V3.2 bring in on.

P.S. It can't be called V4, The V4 ha been released, it is not for our car. It clearly has it in the video above.

Tom, complainers are going to complain. Keep up with the cutting edge development. I am a firm believer of KAISEN - Constant and never ending improvement.
When I have to go deep under brakes, whilst passing a GT2-RS on the track, and I turn in hot, and the car pushes wide onto the glass like ripple strip, I am happy that I sprang for the latest DSC controller.
For those who stick to the speed limit on the street. The original V3 is more than enough.
I don't think even a single person would disagree that TPC makes some great stuff. However when you bought your new iPhone, was it named the same thing as the one you bought a year ago? No, because it is a bad idea to do that. Personally I am not trying to flame the company but I do think we can all speak a little truth, provide some friendly criticism and still enjoy the product they make.

The following 2 users liked this post by Wujohn:
AlexZTuned (01-21-2022), koala (01-21-2022)
Old 01-21-2022, 02:38 AM
4 Point 0
Rennlist Member

Received 1,244 Likes on 660 Posts

Originally Posted by Wujohn
I don't think even a single person would disagree that TPC makes some great stuff. However when you bought your new iPhone, was it named the same thing as the one you bought a year ago? No, because it is a bad idea to do that. Personally I am not trying to flame the company but I do think we can all speak a little truth, provide some friendly criticism and still enjoy the product they make.
I read a thread this morning that said after a certain date, the there was a shield added to the external waste gate.

2019 saw a boot lip spoiler. They never made those cars 991.3’s lol.

They are still a 991.2, just a pre 2019 and a post 2019.
These are V3, pre and post 2021.

I guess there were not significant enough changes to warrant a new name. Just some up grades.

Again, i hope they keep up dating. People can complain all they want about labels. I just want the added performance.

Last edited by 4 Point 0; 01-21-2022 at 02:39 AM.
Old 01-21-2022, 08:20 AM
Chimcu
Burning Brakes

Lol can't believe we see still on this name thing.. by the time this debate is over, there'll be a new generation 911 .. for crying out loud.. move on already...
Next release, let's add blue tooth and an Android and iPhone app.. that'll be cool to see the dsc in action via some kind of gauge gizmo on the phone.

And I care less what you guys call this version.. maybe dsc v3 2022
The following users liked this post:
991_T (01-24-2022)
Old 01-21-2022, 10:22 AM
AlexZTuned
Rennlist Member

Received 219 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by Chimcu
Lol can't believe we see still on this name thing.. by the time this debate is over, there'll be a new generation 911 .. for crying out loud.. move on already...
Next release, let's add blue tooth and an Android and iPhone app.. that'll be cool to see the dsc in action via some kind of gauge gizmo on the phone.

And I care less what you guys call this version.. maybe dsc v3 2022
That’s a bit aggressive.

The iPhone comparison does not make sense. Every single new hardware release comes with a new name. That is not only important for consumers, but it’s also critical for OS compatibility and user experience.

Apple releases new iOS updates for free available to all new and old devices (supporting a wide range of iPhone models). Yes, you’re iPhone 3G from 10 years ago can’t support the latest OS, but iPhones as far back as 5 years have update support:

When a new update or new OS comes along and your hardware you purchased a year or so ago is no longer compatible with the latest upgrade, that’s a major fail. When you don’t differentiate the two products and their firmware compatibility, you end up with confusing consumer experiences like this.

There is no question that you folks make a great product, I wouldn’t have purchased one if not. But for the sake of clarity and compatibility, you guys really need to reconsider naming the updated V3 to “V3.1” or differentiate it so consumers are aware which “version” has the latest firmware and compatibility with the latest map files.
The following 2 users liked this post by AlexZTuned:
dannyss (01-21-2022), koala (01-21-2022)
Old 01-21-2022, 01:09 PM
koala
Rennlist Member

Received 538 Likes on 315 Posts

Dang, definitely disappointed about the differences in hardware. I had a hell of a time trying to buy a new DSC V3 direct from the vendor as I'm in Canada (and they never mentioned they had a Canadian distributor!), so I ended up buying a used one from a guy in the UK.

It's too bad that the sales and marketing aspect of their business doesn't match the stellar quality of their product and technical capabilities.

That said, extremely excited for those of you who have this wonderful DSC v3 v3.1 v4 and can benefit from the continued development
Old 01-21-2022, 02:08 PM
colnagoG60
Rennlist Member

Received 1,268 Likes on 791 Posts

Originally Posted by Wujohn

FWIW, I bought two "Wahoo Kickrs" brand new, 2 years apart. One is literally named "Wahoo New Kickr". Guess which one of mine is older...and they've released three new models since I bought the first.
Old 01-21-2022, 08:22 PM
Chimcu
Burning Brakes

This thread has become comical lol... if these guys were apple.. I don't think they would be on this forum @) ..just daying.. anyways.. when the sale on your suspension.....
Old 01-21-2022, 08:42 PM
Tier1Terrier
Rennlist Member

Received 934 Likes on 464 Posts

Sorry, I'm having trouble following this. So are purchasers of the previous DSC 3 upset because DSC improved it and didn't change the name of the model and offer free or discounted upgrades to every who bought the older version?

Quick Reply: DSC V3 Controllers Back In Stock - Featuring Our **New RS Calibration**