Sponsored by:

Continental DWS 06 plus tires

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2021, 11:13 PM
kuma1416
Racer

Received 83 Likes on 47 Posts
Default Continental DWS 06 plus tires

Anyone try these all season tires from Continental in the 245/35/20 and 305/30/20 sizes? I was set on getting the Bridgestones but noticed these are quite a bit lighter (the rears are even lighter than stock tires) , cheaper, have a longer tread life rating and slighter wider tread width. The Bridgestones looked a little stretched on 11.5 rims.
Old 11-13-2021, 01:34 AM
asellus
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,117 Likes on 1,320 Posts

You may be interested in the contents of this thread:
https://rennlist.com/forums/991/1236...ll-season.html
Old 11-13-2021, 11:59 AM
thesaintusa
Rennlist Member

Received 374 Likes on 294 Posts

Why not consider the new Michelin PS AS4? Everybody raves about the PS4S, and this is essentially being marketed as the All-Season version of that tire.

I have them on my RX-7 and am very impressed with them.
Old 11-13-2021, 02:01 PM
kuma1416
Racer

Originally Posted by asellus
You may be interested in the contents of this thread:
https://rennlist.com/forums/991/1236...ll-season.html
thanks! The rears definitely don’t look as stretched as the Bridgestones. I was also considering the Michelin Alpins, which are dedicated snows and come in OEM sizes but they are almost 800$ more and I don’t plan in driving much in snow.
Old 11-13-2021, 02:39 PM
shyamvenky
Burning Brakes

Received 173 Likes on 108 Posts

Wow! That thread is full of A/S bashing and folks saying the tread pattern doesn’t look good! 😁 Drive your car more often people! Get rid of the bad thoughts!

Here in the Seattle area, for a while I had dedicated summer and winter tires. Many winter tires are tuned for snow, not many are designed with a bias for wet conditions. I had Nokian hakka… tires and they were excellent in snow, but crap in rain. There are some nice videos of various tires being tested on YouTube - could use those as a data point. It rarely snows here - mostly wet, cold roads most of the time.

So then I moved to summer tires during summer and a/s tires for the winter. I don’t track my car, so then I just moved to using a/s tires year round. I’ve tried Toyo proxes 4 plus, Michelin a/s 3(on audis), Bridgestone re 980as and dws06. The continentals were the best. Michelin and Bridgestone were quite nice too and the Toyo were mediocre.

To me a/s tires just made sense, freed up space in the garage 😁 While it is true that dedicated summer/winters are better, a/s tires are a great compromise. Even at their best, they still are a compromise. When I find more free time to go to the track or autocross, I’ll definitely get suitable tires then. So decide based on your use case - to each his own.
The following users liked this post:
Sajan (07-05-2024)
Old 11-13-2021, 02:52 PM
justabout
Rennlist Member

Received 321 Likes on 235 Posts

I changed from p zeroes to the Bridgestone primarily due to the poor cooler temperature performance exhibited by the Pirellis. The cornering performance is lower at summer temperatures but I’ve accepted that. The ride is considerably rougher so I’m considering a change for that reason only.
Old 11-13-2021, 02:53 PM
sy1616
Instructor

Received 51 Likes on 30 Posts

Michelin’s only, you’ll be so happy…
The following 2 users liked this post by sy1616:
Sajan (07-05-2024), thesaintusa (11-13-2021)
Old 11-13-2021, 05:24 PM
Dgags
Racer

Received 227 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by shyamvenky
Wow! That thread is full of A/S bashing and folks saying the tread pattern doesn’t look good! 😁 Drive your car more often people! Get rid of the bad thoughts!

Here in the Seattle area, for a while I had dedicated summer and winter tires. Many winter tires are tuned for snow, not many are designed with a bias for wet conditions. I had Nokian hakka… tires and they were excellent in snow, but crap in rain. There are some nice videos of various tires being tested on YouTube - could use those as a data point. It rarely snows here - mostly wet, cold roads most of the time.

So then I moved to summer tires during summer and a/s tires for the winter. I don’t track my car, so then I just moved to using a/s tires year round. I’ve tried Toyo proxes 4 plus, Michelin a/s 3(on audis), Bridgestone re 980as and dws06. The continentals were the best. Michelin and Bridgestone were quite nice too and the Toyo were mediocre.

To me a/s tires just made sense, freed up space in the garage 😁 While it is true that dedicated summer/winters are better, a/s tires are a great compromise. Even at their best, they still are a compromise. When I find more free time to go to the track or autocross, I’ll definitely get suitable tires then. So decide based on your use case - to each his own.
All seasons in the Seattle area make sense to me. I live in the area and have dedicated summer and winter sets for my .1S. But, I had Toyo all seasons on my previous car which was a .1 base model. Lots of bashing anytime this comes up but none of us are driving our cars at 10/10 of its capabilities on the streets so I don’t see why people freak out about this.

My first choice would always be separate sets but it’s not practical for many people. Our climate is suited for a high quality AS tire.
Old 11-13-2021, 06:45 PM
subwoofer
Rennlist Member

Received 615 Likes on 393 Posts

Originally Posted by shyamvenky

C'mon man! You should sell your 911 and buy a Lexus if you are going to put all season tires on a sports car. That's really wussy! Haha...lots of chest thumping goes on here and useless unsolicited advice.
I live where we have harsh winters so use dedicated snow tires from November until April. My 911 is my only car. I am interested in the Michelin Pilot all season 4 tire but the rears in 305/30/20s only come in ZP. The fronts in size 245/35/20s were introduced recently. I emailed Michelin but haven't received an answer about a non-runflat version for the 305/30 size. It would be nice to have that option and I like Michelins a lot.

Last edited by subwoofer; 11-13-2021 at 06:46 PM.
The following users liked this post:
NF4710 (01-03-2022)
Old 11-30-2021, 01:11 AM
Otakugamer
Advanced

Received 42 Likes on 27 Posts

In late September I switched from P-zero OEM summers to Bridgestone RE980+ all seasons (note those are the newer + model, not regular RE 980AS). Haven’t tested them in snow yet, but they run perfectly fine in Chicago sub-zero temperatures on dry and wet roads. And during the warm days, I have to admit I don’t notice any handling difference and don’t feel I’m losing any capability compared to the P-zeros, yet the ride on all seasons is much improved and quieter.
Old 11-30-2021, 08:59 AM
Bud Taylor
Drifting

Received 445 Likes on 318 Posts
Default I switched from those contis

On my rabbit (golfR) to the Michelin all seasons and it handles like a truck. Its my daily and it did smooth out the bumps but I will switch back next time and add the dsc.
Old 11-30-2021, 11:20 AM
911boy
Three Wheelin'

Received 138 Likes on 108 Posts

Its about temperature not just snow......
Sold my Conti snows and put my car away for the winter now. Michelin PA on my SQ5 and they're pretty good. Roads are rarely snow covered for any length of time but its really cold ....a lot. Don't understand A/S but to each his own.
Old 01-02-2022, 12:47 PM
kuma1416
Racer

Default Great day for a drive in the frigid Midwest

Finally got the Conti All-seasons. Car ran great even at -2 F

Totally worth it to be able to drive for an extra few months, esp on a beautiful but frigid day like this

The following 3 users liked this post by kuma1416:
jesm (07-04-2024), Live Steam (01-02-2022), T3X4S (01-03-2022)
Old 01-02-2022, 02:20 PM
Live Steam
Racer

Received 347 Likes on 140 Posts

I put those Contis on my new to me '16 GTS as Winter tires. I like having the ability to do a spirited drive on cold dry Winter days with a suitable tire that is grippy. Decently quiet tire too. The PS4S will go back on when Spring temps return in a few months. However they may be on different dedicated rims I purchased off The Marketplace

Old 01-03-2022, 11:48 AM
Bud Taylor
Drifting

Received 445 Likes on 318 Posts

I know this is a bit unrelated but I switched form the DWS tires to the Mich All seasons on my golf R and it drives like a truck. It is fine as I am all about the extended mileage for my daily with all season tires but it completely changed the character of the vehicle.

Quick Reply: Continental DWS 06 plus tires