Sponsored by:

Continental DWS 06 plus tires

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2024, 04:16 PM
shyamvenky
Burning Brakes

Received 173 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by Tangerine
I've had the DWS06 Plus on maybe 16 months now and for me they are great. Probably not for everyone. Before that it was PS4S, but I'm in the PNW and while most of the winter is ok in the lowlands, you certainly don't want to go up the mountains or anywhere too cold/wet/snowy. Not that the DSS06 are winter tires, but it gives you a lot more freedom. 991.1 GTS 4, not for track use. Just an AWD manual 911 you can go anywhere and do anything with (in the PNW climate).
I'm in the PNW too and I agree with your view. I've been running DWS06 for 4 years now and before that on my 997 I had Bridgestone RE980AS year-round for 2 years. Both cars I've driven in the snow and it wasn't as scary as before when I had summer tires on. If you are very careful, you could tackle the mountains, but better to have a dedicated set if you do that frequently. Before switching to all-seasons, I used to run Nokian Hakka R2 in the winters and those were really good on snow. For daily driving, DWS06 is a great compromise - remember, its still a compromise at best

Quick Reply: Continental DWS 06 plus tires