WELL ???

What did your adjuster say ???
Old 07-08-2021, 09:17 PM
Noah Fect
Rennlist Member

Received 1,302 Likes on 887 Posts

"New phone who dis?"
The following 3 users liked this post by Noah Fect:
awittig (07-08-2021), Booth9999 (07-09-2021), T3X4S (07-09-2021)
Old 07-09-2021, 01:40 PM
freeman
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

State Farm insures our house and 3 cars.

We have had 3 accidents in my wife's 2014 Ford Taurus SHO which were her fault and State Farm paid for all repairs.less the deductible. We had 3 more accidents which were the "other driver's fault" and the respective insurance companies paid the estimated price less my deductible.. I am amazed they continue to do so because the estimates were equivalent to the worth of the car. My wife loves the car and all the work has been performed flawlessly by a local body shop. Before Ford stopped making Taurus, I tried to buy her a new SHO and she did not want it . Her's still operates flawlessly to this day and my wife is very pleased. She does not want a new car.

Now, I cannot say the same for State Farm's coverage of our house. We have had damage from 2 hurricanes and a cloudless wind-storm. They paid fully for the windstorm and one hurricane. However, during October , 2018, Hurricane Michael arrived and delivered large oaks throughout our house. State Farm awarded the damage to us of $15,000 for a $58,000 estimate. I tried to negotiate with them kindly but they were very unresponsive. Reluctantly, I took them to court . They ended up paying for all the damage, the court costs and my attorney fees.

I still carry State Farm. They are very responsive except for our house. They are also very punitive of all of the automobile accidents in a car which I enjoy new, faithful automobile insurance tremendously. that did not involve me or my wife. All our automotive premiums have increased tremendously on my wife's lovely SHO which she tells me every day how much she enjoys and MY 2015 Porsche Carrera 991 GTS and my 2016 Chevrolet Silverado.. If I had the time or energy, I would like to shop for home-owner;s and automobile insurance and avoid State Farm.
Old 07-09-2021, 02:26 PM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Received 1,133 Likes on 682 Posts

Originally Posted by freeman
State Farm insures our house and 3 cars.

We have had 3 accidents in my wife's 2014 Ford Taurus SHO which were her fault and State Farm paid for all repairs.less the deductible. We had 3 more accidents which were the "other driver's fault" and the respective insurance companies paid the estimated price less my deductible.. I am amazed they continue to do so because the estimates were equivalent to the worth of the car. My wife loves the car and all the work has been performed flawlessly by a local body shop. Before Ford stopped making Taurus, I tried to buy her a new SHO and she did not want it . Her's still operates flawlessly to this day and my wife is very pleased. She does not want a new car.

Now, I cannot say the same for State Farm's coverage of our house. We have had damage from 2 hurricanes and a cloudless wind-storm. They paid fully for the windstorm and one hurricane. However, during October , 2018, Hurricane Michael arrived and delivered large oaks throughout our house. State Farm awarded the damage to us of $15,000 for a $58,000 estimate. I tried to negotiate with them kindly but they were very unresponsive. Reluctantly, I took them to court . They ended up paying for all the damage, the court costs and my attorney fees.

I still carry State Farm. They are very responsive except for our house. They are also very punitive of all of the automobile accidents in a car which I enjoy new, faithful automobile insurance tremendously. that did not involve me or my wife. All our automotive premiums have increased tremendously on my wife's lovely SHO which she tells me every day how much she enjoys and MY 2015 Porsche Carrera 991 GTS and my 2016 Chevrolet Silverado.. If I had the time or energy, I would like to shop for home-owner;s and automobile insurance and avoid State Farm.
It may pay to look around, but that's quite a few claims. We had State Auto for over 20 years with one claim (me, F250 in 2006 that ended up totaled). Last year, we had an unrecognized toilet leak in our barn apartment. Well, unrecognized until the water was dripping on my Tundra. Contractor had to pull up hardwood floors, dry out underflooring; new flooring was installed and stained to match (amazingly close). Total was $10K. Took all summer. (He had first said "at least $20K; you better file a claim - so I did). State raised our Homeowners AND 3 cars and a truck premiums.
That got me off my *** to look around. Ended up with a new agent and saved almost 30% on the total premium by changing to Cincinnati. Up for renewal in September and I'll be shopping rates around again. As has been said here before, there is no loyalty from these companies even with decades of paid premiums with no claims.

OP, I agree on totaled. I wouldn't want that car back either.
Old 07-09-2021, 04:05 PM
Jeahbladejeah
Rennlist Member

Received 276 Likes on 121 Posts

You guys need insurance brokers. And get a policy with an agreed value for your baby.
Old 07-09-2021, 04:26 PM
HkPlinker
Three Wheelin'

Received 141 Likes on 107 Posts

Agreed. I have Hagerty coverage for my Porsche and classics. Agreed on value, period.
Old 07-09-2021, 04:38 PM
Watson
Burning Brakes

Received 326 Likes on 236 Posts

Originally Posted by WP0
From my experience, I think I can rather confidently say that the PEC 2 hour course has probably saved me from half a dozen spins/crashes, that I was able to recover from, and prevent the spin, while driving on the race circuit. In my experience, simply having the experience of spinning and knowing what to do and how to react has been very helpful in preventing spins.
Happy to hear it helped you and good to hear other comments :-)

Old 07-31-2021, 09:23 PM
Snowkone
Intermediate

Received 24 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by HkPlinker
WELL ???

What did your adjuster say ???
Sorry - been dealing with State Farm and Body Shop

UPDATE - Good news, took 2 weeks, but State Farm finally confirmed total loss. Repair cost was over $80k lol! I should be getting my settlement next week, but once I got the news last week I immediately moved onto my next 911...

New-to-me 2017 Carrera S! Figured I might as well step up from the base since I had the chance. Has a ton more options than mine had, and am absolutely thrilled with it!

Thanks again to everyone for their replies to the thread. Kept me sane while waiting for a decision to be made.

Now time to install those PSE catless pipes and get a revised tune from Softronic. Loved what Scott did with my 991.2 Base.
The following 8 users liked this post by Snowkone:
desmotesta (07-31-2021), drbob20 (08-01-2021), myrr (07-31-2021), poorshoeless (07-31-2021), SConn (08-01-2021), Speed2k (08-01-2021), Tier1Terrier (08-01-2021), tourenwagen (08-02-2021) and 3 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 07-31-2021, 11:57 PM
Jack F
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 767 Likes on 545 Posts

Originally Posted by Snowkone

UPDATE - Good news, took 2 weeks, but State Farm finally confirmed total loss. Repair cost was over $80k lol! I should be getting my settlement next week, but once I got the news last week I immediately moved onto my next 911...

New-to-me 2017 Carrera S! Figured I might as well step up from the base since I had the chance. Has a ton more options than mine had, and am absolutely thrilled with it!

Thanks again to everyone for their replies to the thread. Kept me sane while waiting for a decision to be made.

Now time to install those PSE catless pipes and get a revised tune from Softronic. Loved what Scott did with my 991.2 Base.
Enjoy!
Old 08-01-2021, 12:13 AM
bkrantz
Rennlist Member

Received 1,105 Likes on 665 Posts

Very nice! But wrong color for a silver lining. (I do like white).
Old 08-01-2021, 01:40 AM
Tier1Terrier
Rennlist Member

Received 1,031 Likes on 512 Posts

Originally Posted by Snowkone

I would call this a happy ending.
The following users liked this post:
The Ox (08-01-2021)
Old 08-01-2021, 01:49 AM
911dude41
Drifting

Received 1,233 Likes on 709 Posts

Yikes OP. Glad you're O.K.

These cars suck in the rain (standing water). They're extremely sensitive. I've experienced hydroplane in 4 different 991's. Base, 4S, GTS, and Turbo S. They all behave the same. Loud water jet splashing sounds on the fender liners followed by floating and movement in the steering wheel. All cars were on P zeros or Michelin PS4S.

If you see standing water, keep it at 50mph and below. No joke.
Old 08-01-2021, 11:14 AM
BlueNorther
Pro

Received 153 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by 911dude41
Yikes OP. Glad you're O.K.

These cars suck in the rain (standing water). They're extremely sensitive. I've experienced hydroplane in 4 different 991's. Base, 4S, GTS, and Turbo S. They all behave the same. Loud water jet splashing sounds on the fender liners followed by floating and movement in the steering wheel. All cars were on P zeros or Michelin PS4S.

If you see standing water, keep it at 50mph and below. No joke.
And use this thread as a warning to get the tires replaced before they get too worn.

OP congratulations on the outcome! Impressed you already have another 911 in this market.
Old 08-01-2021, 11:16 AM
IXIXI
Instructor

Received 149 Likes on 62 Posts

[QUOTE=Snowkone;17581334]Sorry - been dealing with State Farm and Body Shop

Oh no!!! Coolant leak 😳😂
The following 2 users liked this post by IXIXI:
enzotcat (08-01-2021), WJGreer (08-01-2021)
Old 08-01-2021, 12:13 PM
dd356
Racer

Received 72 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by HkPlinker
Agreed. I have Hagerty coverage for my Porsche and classics. Agreed on value, period.
How does Haggerty handle usage in their polices? Are the classics restricted in mileage annually or do they put a similar limit as the Porsche and you have to not use any of them as a primary vehicle? I insure a collection as well(10 cars) and was wondering how they handle it.

Quick Reply: Something tells me I'll need to get a new P-car... :(