Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts
Default Anybody here get caught speeding

Popular Reply

04-25-2021, 12:30 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Received 2,096 Likes on 1,321 Posts

Originally Posted by 911dude41

You're a COP? Oh man, I would have never figured from your posts. Then again, it makes some sense now. Oh how lucky you are to have that going for you while owning a TTS. Spill the beans, what's the best way out of a ticket Officer Swole?

HA!! LOL

Yeah, I've always pride myself on NOT acting like a "Cop". lol
Probably because I didn't become one until I was 34 years old. Not 21 like most did.
Starting later in life has helped me not become the "stereotypical" one.
Let's just say I know it's a serious job but it's not meant to Define a person.

As for getting OUT of the citation, well I've been stopped plenty of times before I was one too. Got out of many but also got plenty of citations (mostly speeding) when I worked in sales and traveled 600 miles a week.

In my opinion, the best way to get out of a citation is much of what "rnl" stated.

1-PULL OVER IN A SAFE PLACE FOR THE OFFICER!!!! Meaning off the roadway into a parking lot, side street, or at least WAY off the roadway into the grassy area of a hwy. So THEY CAN'T GET HIT BY OTHER TRAFFIC.

2-ROLL ALL THE WINDOWS DOWN AND TURN THE VEHICLE OFF!!!! (Unless it's raining heavily of course). We like to be able to SEE THROUGH THE VEHICLE (Especially if the windows are tinted).

3-HAVE DOCUMENTS READY AND NOT BE FIDDLING ABOUT WHEN WE APPROACH. HANDS JUST NEED TO BE WHERE WE CAN SEE THEM, NOT HANGING OUT THE WINDOW LIKE SOME DO... LOL

4-YOU DON'T HAVE TO ADMIT TO THE INFRACTION, BUT PLEASE FOR GODS SAKE, DON'T MAKE ANY OF THE USUAL STUPID EXCUSES..lol. The excuses that insult the intelligence of the officer. We've heard them all. At least come up with something Original.

5-CRACK A JOKE OR SOMETHING. GET ME LAUGHING OR AT LEAST RELAXING A BIT. IT'S GOOD TO SHOW HUMILITY.

6- BIG ONE HERE!!!!!----- IF YOU WANT A WARNING...ASK FOR ONE!!!!! It's like in Sales. You won't get the sale you don't ASK FOR!! Ask for it BEFORE the officer returns to the car to write / type. Once they've put in the work, they will more than likely NOT reduce it.

7-We've heard them all, but if you can seem to sound original and genuine with your "Reason" for needing a warning (CDL, Job related, Want to keep driving record clean, etc.) we're more likely to have compassion and give warnings.

Just remember, Cops are human and into today's climate where the Media, Race Baiters, Cop haters in general, etc. are causing SO Many of us to Leave or want to leave the profession, so you can one of two things: 1) TALK YOURSELF OUT OF A CITATION 2) TALK YOURSELF RIGHT INTO A CITATION!!! You would be amazed as the disrespect some people show, RIGHT off the bat before we even speak the first word on approach. Those people end up getting exactly what they deserve. Life is a game, you have to play it correctly. TACT goes a LONG WAY!! We are NOT robots...

Old 04-23-2021, 11:14 PM
gotgolf52
Burning Brakes

Received 58 Likes on 36 Posts

Yes. Twice (in the last couple months when the roads were empty) at least 20-25 mph over the limit but they let me go because ........they might need me some day in the trauma bay 🤪

Last edited by gotgolf52; 04-23-2021 at 11:15 PM.
The following users liked this post:
KWP1911 (04-28-2021)
Old 04-23-2021, 11:23 PM
737gdog
Burning Brakes

Received 563 Likes on 283 Posts

Well, if slower cars were not in the left lane, the 911 would have passed in the left lane instead of the right. Who is the bad driver??? Happy the deputy was able to safely stop the outlaw and was not needed in Portland.

Last edited by 737gdog; 04-23-2021 at 11:27 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by 737gdog:
Jeahbladejeah (04-24-2021), RSBro (04-26-2021), tourenwagen (04-26-2021)
Old 04-24-2021, 05:45 AM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,181 Likes on 709 Posts

113mph?

meh, I think the guy/gal was driving like a grandma
The following 5 users liked this post by Porsche_nuts:
apache2 (06-29-2021), Booth9999 (04-25-2021), CSK 911 C4S (04-24-2021), daveyator (04-24-2021), KWP1911 (04-28-2021)
Old 04-24-2021, 08:06 AM
rnl
Burning Brakes

Received 451 Likes on 200 Posts

Never had a speeding ticket issued to me in 51 years of speeding.

here's the trick:

Officer manning a radar gun who puts down his coffee and danish and pulls you over doesn't want to be called a liar. He wants you to respect him and to his authority..

This is easier for me as a bald white geezer (I am 67) in a Porsche than as a young teen in a 68 firebird, but the same formula has worked all these years:

1. Pull over as soon as it is safe.
2. Remove wallet and remove drivers license, registration and insurance card.
3. lower window and place hands on steering wheel;
4. if officer asks you why you think he stopped you ADMIT SPEEDING, don't grin, laugh or make other comments unless he asks "how fast were you going'' and then admit to the speed. This is important if you were in fact speeding because to do otherwise is to call a danish deprived cop a liar. Don't do that. This also will usually shock the cop because most folks lie to him when stopped by denying they were speeding. Admit, be good natured about it and then apologize for inconveniencing him in a genuine fashion.
5 BE POLITE.

BE VERY CAREFUL in jurisdictions that characterize high speed as a misdemeanor - Virginia - 20 over could be jail time.

in the past the cop has issued a ticket for an expired inspection (NJ State Police and I was doing 95vmph in a Toyota at 3 am on Route 202 before the bridge into Pennsylvania - cop asked how fast I thought I was going and I told him 95...he said he clocked me at 85) or a warning.

Last edited by rnl; 04-24-2021 at 08:10 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by rnl:
Big Swole (04-25-2021), bukit (04-26-2021), Watson (04-25-2021)
Old 04-24-2021, 12:17 PM
Bud Taylor
Drifting

Received 422 Likes on 303 Posts
Default Hire a lawyer

I agree with all of the above but never admit anything it can and will be used against your case in ct. If you hire a lawyer and dont show up your fine. Just tell them to make it go away you are not concerned with cost. Call your lawyer again day before to make sure they understand you need it to go away for job etc. Always use countermeasures. Never play in VA, its a militarized police state.
The following 3 users liked this post by Bud Taylor:
AlexCeres (04-30-2021), Booth9999 (04-25-2021), tourenwagen (04-26-2021)
Old 04-24-2021, 12:28 PM
daveyator
Rennlist Member

Received 73 Likes on 43 Posts

This car will probably get me cited but hasn’t happened yet! Managed to get through 2 Ferraris without one so fingers crossed.

Last edited by daveyator; 04-24-2021 at 12:29 PM.
tourenwagen (04-26-2021)
Old 04-24-2021, 12:38 PM
AvgPorschefile
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

Live in Oregon as well and have been pulled over a few times, ticketed once... but it was a doozy. While driving home from work I was challenged by a guy in a decked out Nissan 370Z who revved up his engine and then took off when the light turned green. No traffic... so I bit the hook. Seconds later a county mounty parachuted down on a motorcycle and managed to pull us both over (I now know how that's done). I still have no idea where he was. Got us both for 90 in a 40 and "speed racing." He was pissed. Fine came to a mere $1200 (not to include the damage to my insurance for the next few years). Problem is it wasn't so mere to my lovely wife of 30 years. So I went to court since I had a clean record. Got a great judge who after chastising me a bit for "speed racing at my age", dropped the ticket if I attended high risk driving class at the local trauma center (interesting class, actually), and had no more tickets for 1 year. That was 3 years ago... Happy ending since I won the race AND got to keep my marriage! Still remember my opponent giving me the peace sign as he drove off. Hope he faired as well!
I used the $ I would have spent on the ticket to invest in a Valentine V1 Gen 2. Happy speeding everyone! BE SAFE!

Last edited by AvgPorschefile; 04-24-2021 at 12:55 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by AvgPorschefile:
Jeahbladejeah (04-24-2021), KWP1911 (04-28-2021), SConn (04-24-2021)
Old 04-24-2021, 01:09 PM
SConn
Drifting

Received 975 Likes on 579 Posts

^^^^ Hahahahha!! Great story!!

Edited to add I'm a Washington driver, but it wasn't me. I do feel my time is coming....I just can't help it in this car and I push the limits as much as possible when safe to do so. But I never know when that cop will be hidden in a new spot!

Last edited by SConn; 04-24-2021 at 01:11 PM.
daveyator (04-24-2021)
Old 04-24-2021, 01:10 PM
rnl
Burning Brakes

Received 451 Likes on 200 Posts

Originally Posted by Bud Taylor
I agree with all of the above but never admit anything it can and will be used against your case in ct. If you hire a lawyer and dont show up your fine. Just tell them to make it go away you are not concerned with cost. Call your lawyer again day before to make sure they understand you need it to go away for job etc. Always use countermeasures. Never play in VA, its a militarized police state.

I am a lawyer. The trick is to win the speeding ticket before it becomes a ticket. Have the cop see you as a "citizen" someone with which he identifies.

You don't want to hire me as your traffic ticket lawyer - although I have never lost a speeding ticket case in 40 years (perhaps 20 cases in all), I am very expensive.
RSBro (04-26-2021)
Old 04-24-2021, 03:21 PM
cyran
Advanced

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by rnl

here's the trick:

Officer manning a radar gun who puts down his coffee and danish and pulls you over doesn't want to be called a liar. He wants you to respect him and to his authority..

This is easier for me as a bald white geezer (I am 67) in a Porsche than as a young teen in a 68 firebird, but the same formula has worked all these years:

4. if officer asks you why you think he stopped you ADMIT SPEEDING, don't grin, laugh or make other comments unless he asks "how fast were you going'' and then admit to the speed. This is important if you were in fact speeding because to do otherwise is to call a danish deprived cop a liar. Don't do that. This also will usually shock the cop because most folks lie to him when stopped by denying they were speeding. Admit, be good natured about it and then apologize for inconveniencing him in a genuine fashion.
5 BE POLITE.

BE VERY CAREFUL in jurisdictions that characterize high speed as a misdemeanor - Virginia - 20 over could be jail time.

in the past the cop has issued a ticket for an expired inspection (NJ State Police and I was doing 95vmph in a Toyota at 3 am on Route 202 before the bridge into Pennsylvania - cop asked how fast I thought I was going and I told him 95...he said he clocked me at 85) or a warning.
I am one for four using this strategy. And I think the only reason why I didn’t get a ticket was because it was LAPD who pulled me over on the freeway and that’s more CHP’s jurisdiction. If a cop is specifically using a radar gun to catch speeders, they’re gonna issue tickets. That’s the whole point.
Old 04-24-2021, 03:50 PM
Rudyr
Advanced

Received 59 Likes on 32 Posts

<- lawyer. Never admit anything. Be polite, take your ticket, and go. Deal with it later on in court.
Old 04-24-2021, 05:59 PM
Gary JR
Rennlist Member

Received 158 Likes on 113 Posts

Yes last week coming out of the Tail of the Dragon on the Tennessee side no less. I did not want to get the wife upset so I pulled over 4 times to let the faster guys pass so that put me at the end of the line (easy pickings). He said he got me on lidar (whatever that is) at 60. I was polite and he wrote me up for 35 in a 30. $108. Not so bad. The lesson is don't be fast if you are at the end of the line.
Old 04-24-2021, 06:51 PM
AvgPorschefile
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

35 in a 30? Seriously? Not even sure that's worth the time and money to issue. But... you did say it was Tennessee.
Gary JR (04-25-2021)
Old 04-24-2021, 07:22 PM
snake eyes
Three Wheelin'

Received 360 Likes on 222 Posts

Originally Posted by rnl

here's the trick:

5 BE POLITE.

DO NOT EVER FOLLOW THIS ADVICE, EVER!
Except be polite and cooperate with the officer fully.

This man is right
Originally Posted by Rudyr
<- lawyer. Never admit anything. Be polite, take your ticket, and go. Deal with it later on in court.
Do not admit a thing, but follow cops directions, accept the ticket.. impound etc...
cooperate fully with the police officer.

Get a GOOD lawyer....

I've never been pulled over for "wreckless driving" (I've never been a dumbass on the street) but I was accused of "exhibition of speed" (yes its a law in California that cop can charge you , just because he doesn't like you or your muscle car etc, its a BS law.. read below) when I was younger by a police officer (15 years ago).

I didn't admit guilt, because I DID nothing wrong.. (I was profiled and I'm not going to make the thread political)
I cooperated with the officer and got a lawyer.
The lawyer got the case thrown out and said I did the right thing, never ever admit guilt. " You don't want to lie either to the police ever. "
BS part is I had to pay a lawyer for it...

"What is Exhibition of Speed?Exhibition of speed is an umbrella term for several types of especially dangerous driving. It is most commonly associated with street racing but also including actions such as peeling out. Drag racing, timed racing, drifting, skidding and other similar activities are all covered by this offense. In short, it is any type of driving that is intended to exhibit the vehicle’s speed in a dangerous manner.

Interestingly, you do not need to be speeding to receive an exhibition of speed ticket. Accelerating in order to peel out is illegal even if you don’t exceed the posted speed limit. However, the law also includes an element of intent. You must be trying to drive in an illegal manner."

Last edited by snake eyes; 04-26-2021 at 12:37 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by snake eyes:
ar1five (04-24-2021), NJBThor (04-24-2021), T3X4S (04-24-2021)

Quick Reply: Anybody here get caught speeding