2014 911 4s issues

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2021, 10:38 AM
t-design
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 291 Likes on 187 Posts

Just wanted to mention that today PDK is totally fixable. Dealer won't be able to do it, but there are many indy shops that can. We even keep a map:

https://t-design9.com/porsche_PDK_se...shops_map.html

Here's the thread about PDK repairs. Sorry if it's a bit long

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...nsmission.html
Cupdholders, Sunglass Holsters and more at T-Design9.com

The following users liked this post:
Riptide (01-08-2022)
Old 12-25-2021, 12:44 PM
maschinetheist
Instructor

Received 64 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by 14-4s
well i wanted to give everyone the update..sorry to bring up a old *** thread, however no one finishes a story. heres how it went down, i ended up driving to Portland on a Thursday to the place I bought it from, the lady who was in finance gave me the wrong number for the warranty she quoted 11800, well she also entered the mileage at 80K not 28k, dont ask me how this happened, i had a lengthy discussion with the general manager.we reviewed my purchasing the car and filling out all the paperwork on his computer. The whole interaction was on cctv,(me buying the car, saying no to the extended warranty) he couldn't make sense of it. (how his finance lady ****ed up that bad) he then walked me out to the showroom said he's a man that likes to think outside of the box, i remained calm and collected the whole time as he is walking me past all these dope cars... i ask what do you have in mind, he replies," well its only been like a month and a half..." let me see what i can do...I walked outta there not knowing what to think, i get a call like three days later, he called said that they would issue me the warranty at cost. this is like June after I tried all my options out. well give the car to Porsche of tacoma. they tell me that they fixed it. same issue with the jerking, a very talented tech found out that the wiring harness for the transmission that when its hot to send the fluid to the radiators was bad, like the wire came right out the connector, only found this out when he was resetting the transmission for the second time when I brought it back still experiencing the same symptoms as before....gets better, the only reason why I even caught onto it was the p.o. installed a aftermarket tuner...this dude wired the constant to the accelerator which to me makes no sense as he was basically wiring it to a switch...so thus the on-off function of the car in relation to the throttle **** blows my mind as a electrician....so long story short a bad connector was the cause for my issues as well as some dumb dumb trying to go a cheap route with a 911 for power.....anyway car has been fixed since late June and its so stupid fun....i love it and its under warranty till 2024....thats my update, had to finish the story and again thank you for everyone here who told me to not give up.
A Festivus Miracle! Enjoy the car in good health!

Quick Reply: 2014 911 4s issues