Sponsored by:

The Fidelity Platinum Megathread

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2023, 03:42 PM
amphicar770
Racer

Received 151 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by Highline-Autos.com
Yes, capacity loss is not covered, complete failure is.
Certainly that is not unreasonable. However, it still seems like there is potential grey area. Lets say i cover my 2014 for 6 years from today, through Feb 2029.

My battery degrades over next 3 years to where it holds only 30%. Understood, not covered.

In year 4 (2027) the battery dies (0%) and fault codes all trigger. It has to be replaced as car is now a brick. Theoretically, Fidelity could come back and say,

"the expected life of an HV battery is 10 years. Your battery is 13 years old. That is normal wear and tear, normal capacity loss. Claim denied".

I've been searching this and other forums to see if anyone has had a hybrid battery replaced by Fidelity, and under what circumstance. No luck thus far. It seems like they will cover it only if it fails completely AND fails within the time / mileage the adjuster determines to be acceptable. Just because your plan says 5 years. 60k miles from time of purchase. It seems like the battery (and many other components) may only be covered within what the adjuster deems normal service life. Again, it is very grey.

For me, this will ultimately determine if I keep my Panamera, or if I sell it or trade it while still covered by CPO.

Last edited by amphicar770; 02-08-2023 at 04:13 PM.
Old 02-08-2023, 03:55 PM
Highline-Autos.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 501 Likes on 368 Posts

Originally Posted by amphicar770
Certainly that is not unreasonable. However, it still seems like there is potential grey area. Lets say i cover my 2014 for 6 years from today, through Feb 2029.

My battery degrades over next 3 years to where it holds only 30%. Understood, not covered.

In year 4 (2027) the battery dies (0%) and fault codes all trigger. Theoretically, Fidelity could come back and say,

"the expected life of an HV battery is 10 years. Your battery is 13 years old. That is normal wear and tear, normal capacity loss. Claim denied".

I've been searching this and other forums to see if anyone has had a hybrid battery replaced by Fidelity, and under what circumstance. No luck thus far. It seems like they will cover it only if it fails completely and fails within the time / mileage the adjuster determines to be acceptable. Just because your plan says 5 years. 60k miles from time of purchase. It seems like the battery (and many other components) may only be covered within what the adjuster deems normal service life. Again, it is very grey.

For me, this will ultimately determine if I keep my Panamera, or if I sell it or trade it while still covered by CPO.
Correct, but that is just if the battery ticks down to zero on its own, if you were to have a mechanical issue that had you at 60% one day, then 0% the next, you're looking at replacement by Fidelity.

Official RECARO Automotive Retailer: www.highline-autos.com/product-category/recaro/

Highline Autos Magazine - Volume XXI, Issue 03 https://bit.ly/3wTsNzM

Old 02-08-2023, 04:53 PM
amphicar770
Racer

Originally Posted by Highline-Autos.com
Correct, but that is just if the battery ticks down to zero on its own, if you were to have a mechanical issue that had you at 60% one day, then 0% the next, you're looking at replacement by Fidelity.
Yes, but what happens if vehicle is 13 years old and battery is beyond what Fidelity considers "the normal service life of a component" of say 10 years. This seems to be when the "normal wear and tear" exclusion kicks in". This is similar to what some others have reported where, for example, a tie rod fails and Fidelity says, "this part has over 50k miles on it, that is normal wear and tear".

It just seems like there are a lot of grey areas or loopholes which could reault in denials, especially as vehicle ages and accumulates miles. A manufacturer warranty will explicitly state items that are considered wear and tear and it is generally a short list (tires, brake pads, spark plugs, etc). The Fidelity and other plans are not explicit leaving them to fall back on "normal wear and tear" for almost any component. It's a huge, gaping loophole that contradicts other coverage claims. They certainly have creative lawyers.

I was going to send my example directly to Fidelity. Looks like only way to do so is by phone. They probably don't want to leave a paper trail. :-O

Last edited by amphicar770; 02-10-2023 at 09:06 AM.
Old 02-10-2023, 12:46 PM
HardRider
Racer

Received 178 Likes on 122 Posts

I played phone tag for a fidelity warranty for awhile and gave up. Sent some emails but when it comes to numbers nobody wants to put them in writing via email anyway. May try down the road as I still have a bunch of CPO left.
Old 02-10-2023, 12:59 PM
SteingoldVolvoCars
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 117 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by HardRider
I played phone tag for a fidelity warranty for awhile and gave up. Sent some emails but when it comes to numbers nobody wants to put them in writing via email anyway. May try down the road as I still have a bunch of CPO left.
We can help, 100% online - it's very simple and will present all options - use promocode RENNLIST for the max discount

https://steingoldvolvocars.factorypr...ine-quote.html

Homepage: https://steingoldvolvocars.factoryprotect.com/

Get 100% Free Online Quote: https://factoryprotect.ratessys.com/ (Code: RENNLIST for $200.00 Member Discount)
Old 02-10-2023, 01:05 PM
vanlieremead
Rennlist Member

Received 300 Likes on 205 Posts
Default Florida

Originally Posted by SteingoldVolvoCars
We can help, 100% online - it's very simple and will present all options - use promocode RENNLIST for the max discount

https://steingoldvolvocars.factorypr...ine-quote.html
yep, the product is not available on Florida. Why is that?
Old 02-10-2023, 01:06 PM
SteingoldVolvoCars
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Ah, apologies - only FL dealers can process Vehicle Service Contracts to FL residents.
Old 02-10-2023, 01:11 PM
vanlieremead
Rennlist Member

Received 300 Likes on 205 Posts
Default Dealer

Ah, apologies - only FL dealers can process Vehicle Service Contracts to FL residents.
ok, how do we know as Rennlisters we are getting the best deal?
Old 02-10-2023, 01:17 PM
SteingoldVolvoCars
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by vanlieremead
We are among the nations most veteran Fidelity sellers, and have helped RL members for years - our new portal is now live, and system has been adjusted to present max discounts. We will make a formal announcement of the new tool soon, but it’s fully live.

And we’ve also setup a giveaway contest to go along with the new announcement / click here to enter:https://steingoldvolvocars.factorypr...d_widget=45343
Old 02-10-2023, 02:38 PM
Highline-Autos.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 501 Likes on 368 Posts

You are, we like to squeeze each other, while your local dealer is going to pack a couple thousand on top in hopes to roll it into your principle financed at the point of purchasing the vehicle.
Old 02-10-2023, 02:43 PM
SteingoldVolvoCars
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Yup, exactly - regardless of who you purchase through, it’s safe to say that no one outside of the recommendations through this forum will come
close to our pricing. To say our pricing is competitive is an understatement. Many will agree - there’s no reason to look any further than Rennlist recommended sellers
The following users liked this post:
Highline-Autos.com (02-10-2023)
Old 02-10-2023, 03:17 PM
amphicar770
Racer

Yes, even on other forums you see the sellers shown here as the best place to buy.

For me, I am confident that if I purchase, the Rennlist sellers are the way to go. The thing holding me back is that the contract wording has many contradictions and loopholes. They are not up front about what specific components are subject to their "normal wear and tear exclusions" and what thst means.

Last edited by amphicar770; 02-11-2023 at 09:26 PM.
Old 02-10-2023, 07:37 PM
SteingoldVolvoCars
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Default ANNOUNCEMENT: *NEW* Online Fidelity Quoting Portal now live!

Hey all!

After several months of rigorous backend work, our brand-new Fidelity Quoting Portal is finally complete. The new site has an extremely easy to use layout, and will provide ALL options available through Fidelity. Previously, our system had limitations and could only present a select number of options, and most often left out the lower term plans, many of which are of interest to Rennlist/Porsche drivers.

The new system will instantly pull all data from Fidelity and quote instantly online - we've tested it for weeks now, and it seems to works flawlessly. It will present all three tiers of coverage, along with all terms/mileage, and all deductibles. The same goes for the Tire/Wheel Protection plans through Fidelity.

The site is now live with the new portal, so feel free to give it a try - and of course, I always welcome feedback.

We also have adjusted our overall pricing structure, and will continue to be among the lowest prices nationwide - we hope this new portal helps current Porsche owners, along with future owners during their vehicle search find the best Fidelity coverage plans available for their driving habits. We appreciate the constant support here, and are thrilled to be a continued sponsor. We support many forums, but none with the members as enthusiastic as Rennlist.

Further, we have put together a GIVEAWAY CONTEST to go along with the announcement of our new Fidelity Portal - click here to enter the contest, and you'll have a chance to win a $500.00 Amazon Gift Card - this was the best thing we could think of to show our appreciation, while appealing to most, if not all, of the member here. Thanks again to all those who have purchased from us, and those in the future - and remember, the RENNLIST promocode for $200.00 is still valid, so be sure to use it at checkout!

ENTER GIVEAWAY CONTEST: https://steingoldvolvocars.factorypr...d_widget=45343

GET FREE ONLINE QUOTE: https://steingoldvolvocars.factorypr...ine-quote.html

NEW FIDELITY PORTAL HOMEPAGE: https://factoryprotect.ratessys.com/
The following users liked this post:
LesPaul (02-10-2023)
Old 02-10-2023, 07:59 PM
Chris113113
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey all!

After several months of rigorous backend work, our brand-new Fidelity Quoting Portal is finally complete. The new site has an extremely easy to use layout, and will provide ALL options available through Fidelity. Previously, our system had limitations and could only present a select number of options, and most often left out the lower term plans, many of which are of interest to Rennlist/Porsche drivers.

The new system will instantly pull all data from Fidelity and quote instantly online - we've tested it for weeks now, and it seems to works flawlessly. It will present all three tiers of coverage, along with all terms/mileage, and all deductibles. The same goes for the Tire/Wheel Protection plans through Fidelity.

The site is now live with the new portal, so feel free to give it a try - and of course, I always welcome feedback.

We also have adjusted our overall pricing structure, and will continue to be among the lowest prices nationwide - we hope this new portal helps current Porsche owners, along with future owners during their vehicle search find the best Fidelity coverage plans available for their driving habits. We appreciate the constant support here, and are thrilled to be a continued sponsor. We support many forums, but none with the members as enthusiastic as Rennlist.

Further, we have put together a GIVEAWAY CONTEST to go along with the announcement of our new Fidelity Portal - click here to enter the contest, and you'll have a chance to win a $500.00 Amazon Gift Card - this was the best thing we could think of to show our appreciation, while appealing to most, if not all, of the member here. Thanks again to all those who have purchased from us, and those in the future - and remember, the RENNLIST promocode for $200.00 is still valid, so be sure to use it at checkout!

ENTER GIVEAWAY CONTEST: https://steingoldvolvocars.factorypr...d_widget=45343

GET FREE ONLINE QUOTE: https://steingoldvolvocars.factorypr...ine-quote.html

NEW FIDELITY PORTAL HOMEPAGE: https://factoryprotect.ratessys.com/
Oh wow crazy seeing you here, Michael! I'm only used to seeing you plastered around the Volvo forums. Good to know I can use Steingold for both of my purchases!
Old 02-10-2023, 08:01 PM
SteingoldVolvoCars
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Chris113113
Oh wow crazy seeing you here, Michael! I'm only used to seeing you plastered around the Volvo forums. Good to know I can use Steingold for both of my purchases!
Ha, good to see you here also!

Quick Reply: The Fidelity Platinum Megathread