Sponsored by:

Soul v X-pipe & Fister Exhaust notes

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2020, 04:24 PM
Trimblej23
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Soul v X-pipe & Fister Exhaust notes

So I currently have a 911.1 base Carrera that I put Fister sport mufflers on over the summer. That gave me what I believe to be about a 20% bump in aggressive sound over the stock mufflers during acceleration. I want more. So my dilemma is do I just go with an x-pipe from either Sharkwerks or Fabspeed to pair with my already installed Fister mufflers. Or, do I go with a Soul Performance valved exhaust non PSE.

So my question is for those that have heard both exhaust setups can you describe the difference in sound/volume? Basically, the difference I see is the x-pipe will cost me about 1/3 the cost of the sole exhaust but I lose the option of opening and closing them. Which do you prefer and why? Thanks!!!
Old 12-09-2020, 01:15 PM
Bud Taylor
Drifting

Received 430 Likes on 307 Posts
Default sound

Do you think just the muffler changed HP any ?

I know on a bike just changing the slip on exhaust changes things significantly and am wondering if I can get 10to 15 HP by swapping out to less restictive mufflers or cats

Originally Posted by Trimblej23
So I currently have a 911.1 base Carrera that I put Fister sport mufflers on over the summer. That gave me what I believe to be about a 20% bump in aggressive sound over the stock mufflers during acceleration. I want more. So my dilemma is do I just go with an x-pipe from either Sharkwerks or Fabspeed to pair with my already installed Fister mufflers. Or, do I go with a Soul Performance valved exhaust non PSE.

So my question is for those that have heard both exhaust setups can you describe the difference in sound/volume? Basically, the difference I see is the x-pipe will cost me about 1/3 the cost of the sole exhaust but I lose the option of opening and closing them. Which do you prefer and why? Thanks!!!
Old 12-09-2020, 01:30 PM
Trimblej23
3rd Gear

Just the mufflers no. Just sounds more aggressive under acceleration. My understanding on the 991.1 cars you need to change out the headers/cats (200 cell) to get any real HP gains (like 15-25).

I trying to figure out if I go to an x-pipe will I get close to the Soul Performance sound but at 1/3 the cost since I already have Fister mufflers. Or bit the bullet and just get the Soul valves exhaust.

Old 12-10-2020, 01:22 PM
Fabspeed Motorsport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 687 Likes on 437 Posts

Hey guys!

Scott here from Fabspeed, if you are currently running a set of Fister mufflers, why abandoned them? @FD Motorsports makes awesome products! True craftsmanship and quality go into each system! That being said, a fully bolt on Porsche 991 Carrera Center Muffler Bypass X-Pipe (2012-2016) will cut weight, add power, and sound! When we designed our x-pipe years ago, we added a small window in the X that allowed each bank to communicate and thus work together to speed up the flow. Take a look at the video below as a point of reference, even though it was filmed on a potato it is very informative! Any questions or for forum pricing, don't hesitate to reach out!

Old 12-10-2020, 01:30 PM
SoCal C2S
Three Wheelin'

Received 130 Likes on 88 Posts

Soul Performance Valved system is awesome. The quality of the product is fantastic and install is straight forward. Sound is mellow with the valves closed, and a banshee when open. If you go for the headers/cats as well you can drop a tune on it and feel the torque at the low end.

Its just money.....have fun while you can.
Old 12-10-2020, 01:50 PM
darylbowden
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 328 Posts

Just add the X-pipe (as Fabspeed said). It is super common to pair a Fister exhaust with either a Sharkwerks or Fabspeed X pipe. It will make a huge difference to the sound. It's actually a little more aggressive than I prefer (so I stuck with just the Fister on my 991.1 C2) but if you are looking for an aggressive sound it is probably the next best step to take. And it's obviously the cheapest option.
Old 12-10-2020, 02:38 PM
Trimblej23
3rd Gear

Thank you a for the responses!!! Much appreciated!!!
Old 01-17-2021, 03:00 AM
malahhaor
Rennlist Member

Received 143 Likes on 102 Posts

I concur, try the Xpipe first for low cost. if you don't like it im sure you will be able to sell no problem.
I have Fister mod and AWE Xpipe on my 991.1 and i love it. if you take it easy on GO pedal, the sound is not crazy at all. if you flor it, it sounds awesome.
Its a tad raspy for my taste so i had me a set of custom 4 inch resonators fabricated to slide right in to the two modular sections. Will install once winter is done.

P.S.
When i say sounds raspy, i really meant to my ears. All of the aftermarket exhausts sound raspy to me except for one that costs 7 grand who shall remain nameless. To be fair, i think Soul is next best thing in that department.
What i have now is about same as Soul.
My personal opinion....

Last edited by malahhaor; 01-17-2021 at 03:23 AM.

Quick Reply: Soul v X-pipe & Fister Exhaust notes