Sponsored by:

Vektor Performance -- High Performance Air Oil Separator

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2021, 04:07 PM
Sarawnty
Instructor

Received 131 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by markk222
Just ordered one for my GTS, look forward to some quality garage time with the snow and all.
It'll take about 15 minutes to install so you'll have to drag out the work to get quality time :-)
The following users liked this post:
markk222 (02-18-2021)
Old 02-18-2021, 10:18 PM
FlintGTS
Intermediate

Received 24 Likes on 8 Posts

Would love to see some install instructions to see if this is something than could easily be done with basic tools.
Old 02-19-2021, 08:31 AM
F355bob
Rennlist Member

Received 298 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by FlintGTS
Would love to see some install instructions to see if this is something than could easily be done with basic tools.

It took me 30 minutes with a few metric sockets
Old 02-19-2021, 08:44 AM
VektorPerformance
Former Vendor

Received 354 Likes on 222 Posts

Here you are. Feel free to PM or ask any questions you may have.

Vektor Performance AOS Install Instructions

Originally Posted by markk222
Just ordered one for my GTS, look forward to some quality garage time with the snow and all.
Thank you for the order! We are a bit delayed due to weather, and not sure if UPS will show up today, but have all the parts pieces set to go
Old 02-19-2021, 09:02 AM
F355bob
Rennlist Member

Received 298 Likes on 155 Posts

It took me 30 minutes with a few metric sockets
Old 06-06-2021, 02:29 AM
Mercuriell
Burning Brakes

Received 490 Likes on 303 Posts

Have an oil seep on my 991.1 TS - will it fit ok ? Looks a nice design !
Old 06-07-2021, 03:36 PM
VektorPerformance
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Mercuriell
Have an oil seep on my 991.1 TS - will it fit ok ? Looks a nice design !
We've not had a 991.1 TTS in our shop, but I believe the turbo inlets are different.
Old 06-17-2021, 02:00 PM
asellus
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,099 Likes on 1,306 Posts

So the install procedure involves cutting the existing line and plopping this unit inline, I understand that much.

Can I get some specifics on how the connection is made? From what I can tell the factory breather line is a hard corrugated plastic, and it looks like the kit hose clamps some 5/8" fuel/oil hose (or equivalent) over the outside of it with a hose clamp. How does this not collapse, crack, or otherwise further damage the plastic line? What about leakage?
Old 06-17-2021, 06:14 PM
VektorPerformance
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by asellus
So the install procedure involves cutting the existing line and plopping this unit inline, I understand that much.

Can I get some specifics on how the connection is made? From what I can tell the factory breather line is a hard corrugated plastic, and it looks like the kit hose clamps some 5/8" fuel/oil hose (or equivalent) over the outside of it with a hose clamp. How does this not collapse, crack, or otherwise further damage the plastic line? What about leakage?
Check out our INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS

This should answer any questions you may have in regards to how it attaches to the factory system.

The ridges built into the OEM hose seal exceptionally well on the coupler, like a multi-barb connection. Both hose and coupler are vacuum rated. The only thing I could see that could be problematic is if you gorilla tightened the hose clamp on the coupler that fastens to the OEM hose. If you grossly overtighten, it could collapse the hard plastic hose. These connections are all vacuum connections and the couplers are all snug to begin with. The connections will seal without any clamps, but they are added to prevent anything from coming apart due to vibration.
Old 06-17-2021, 06:48 PM
markk222
Rennlist Member

Received 50 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by asellus

The hardest part of the install is getting the outer sleeve to pull back from the vacuum hose. I actually had to cut it shorter because I couldn’t get enough grip on it to make it slide up.
The only thing I could see to make this better would be to add a tab for the zip tie to go through or have the cone section made with a groove for the zip tie to ride in. It wants to slide down the cone if you don’t have it tied over the top edge of the plastic.
Old 06-17-2021, 08:05 PM
asellus
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,099 Likes on 1,306 Posts

Perfect, thanks.
Old 08-04-2021, 04:53 PM
RickRST
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does anyone know what the purpose of the plastic "valve" that is attached to the intake pipe is for? The breather hose connects directly to this, and then to the intake elbow. I like the idea of this catch can as having oil into just one turbo isn't the best. I'm fabricating some intake pipes and need to connect the breather pipe in. Most cars just have the hose going straight into the turbo intake, so not sure what this unit is, perhaps a restrictor?

Old 08-05-2021, 01:45 AM
polobai
Drifting

Received 1,125 Likes on 670 Posts

Was wondering the same. I think it’s a valve that creates some sort of Venturi effect-I think you will be ok just adding a bung to the inlet pipe.
The following users liked this post:
RickRST (08-05-2021)
Old 08-05-2021, 07:48 AM
VektorPerformance
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by RickRST
Does anyone know what the purpose of the plastic "valve" that is attached to the intake pipe is for? The breather hose connects directly to this, and then to the intake elbow. I like the idea of this catch can as having oil into just one turbo isn't the best. I'm fabricating some intake pipes and need to connect the breather pipe in. Most cars just have the hose going straight into the turbo intake, so not sure what this unit is, perhaps a restrictor?
It's a a check valve, ie; allows flow only in one direction. Under low load there is no flow and the scavenge pumps pull crankcase vacuum because it's a closed system. under high load (and boost) the turbo applies additional vacuum in continuing the supply crankcase pressure. This feature component must be retained or the car will run like crap for nearly all conditions except WOT.

We have a coupe different valves in development right now (and intake tubes, which we've been testing for the last year). Shoot me a DM and I can give you more details and I might even have an older or used one we can part with.

FYI on the intake tubes, it's one of the parts Porsche did a really good job on. I HIGHLY recommend using a flow bench to verify your work so you don't spend a ton of time making a downgrade. I wish it were as simple as a larger round tube, it is not. We've 7 versions deep at this point and I've run CFD sims on well over 100 variations. Again, if you'd like to talk more on this feel free to shoot me a DM.

Originally Posted by polobai
Was wondering the same. I think it’s a valve that creates some sort of Venturi effect-I think you will be ok just adding a bung to the inlet pipe.
It's part of the PCV system. Removing it would make for a HUGE vacuum leak.

The following 2 users liked this post by VektorPerformance:
polobai (08-05-2021), RickRST (08-05-2021)
Old 08-05-2021, 09:05 AM
RickRST
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't think I can PM you as I'm a new user, not sure if you can PM me?

I have larger turbos where the compressor bore is larger than the stock intakes so need something larger.

Quick Reply: Vektor Performance -- High Performance Air Oil Separator