Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Softronic Tune- 991.2 review

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2023, 10:23 AM
MemoS
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

I am not questioning @Softronic longevity, power gain, or drivability. There are plenty of positive remarks from folks here. It’s a great product no doubt. However, some tuners have the option to reduce or eliminate Sport mode burbles. We all know burbles are artificially programmed to the Sport mode only. Cars do not snap, crackle and pop in Normal and Sport +. Since @Softronic is on top of my list as well and I do not care for the artificial snap, crackle, and pop I simply asked the question and received conflicting responses. (I know…….. we had a trend about burbles few weeks back however we had no straight answer as well) to @smell911 s point above we do not have a clear “Yes” or “No” answer to - can @Softronic eliminate/minimize Sport mode burbles within their tune. I figured I pose the question directly to Scott @Softronic and hopefully receive a straight answer from the source?
Thanks!

Last edited by MemoS; 06-29-2023 at 10:39 AM.
Old 06-29-2023, 12:23 PM
F355bob
Rennlist Member

Received 302 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by MemoS
I am not questioning @Softronic longevity, power gain, or drivability. There are plenty of positive remarks from folks here. It’s a great product no doubt. However, some tuners have the option to reduce or eliminate Sport mode burbles. We all know burbles are artificially programmed to the Sport mode only. Cars do not snap, crackle and pop in Normal and Sport +. Since @Softronic is on top of my list as well and I do not care for the artificial snap, crackle, and pop I simply asked the question and received conflicting responses. (I know…….. we had a trend about burbles few weeks back however we had no straight answer as well) to @smell911 s point above we do not have a clear “Yes” or “No” answer to - can @Softronic eliminate/minimize Sport mode burbles within their tune. I figured I pose the question directly to Scott @Softronic and hopefully receive a straight answer from the source?
Thanks!

I had the Softronic tune for 2 years. I had Scott remove the burbles in Sport mode in anticipation that I would get sport cats. He also removed the stop start. I never got the sport cats and do not have PSE. Before the tune I got small burbles in Sport mode which sounded good but did not want the increase in burble with future sport cats. Now my sport mode exhaust sounds like my sport+ exhaust---no burbles
The following users liked this post:
Cur (06-29-2023)
Old 06-29-2023, 04:48 PM
Softronic
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 188 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by MemoS
Scott, @Softronic I would like to eliminate or minimize the Sport mode pops and burbles via Softronic tune. Is there an option Softronic tune which will eliminate or minimize the pops and burbles and still provide increase HP and torque? Also, is Dimsport software compatible with Mac computers.
Thanks!
Hello,
Yes we can yet it may be limited depending on what and or if aftermarket exhaust is put on as they can be louder so you may notice some on deacceleration. You can only use a MAC if you run Bootcamp as that was for the intel based units. Generally it has to be some type of PC based laptop or desktop running Win7 or higher. What we often do is send a unit updated and the customer reads out the car and then send just the MyGenius without the cable etc back and I load the Tuned/Original file then ship the unit back ready to go. The unit fits in a USPS small flat rate box and cost $10 to send to me.
Best,
Scott
Like us on Facebook for updates and promos

24HRS Daytona Winners programmed by Softronic!

Porsche Interseries programmed along with teamed owned Tudor and World Challenge cars in an exclusive with Softronic.
Porsche PCA racing binary check by Softronic for compliance.

Old 06-29-2023, 04:56 PM
MemoS
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Softronic
Hello,
Yes we can yet it may be limited depending on what and or if aftermarket exhaust is put on as they can be louder so you may notice some on deacceleration. You can only use a MAC if you run Bootcamp as that was for the intel based units. Generally it has to be some type of PC based laptop or desktop running Win7 or higher. What we often do is send a unit updated and the customer reads out the car and then send just the MyGenius without the cable etc back and I load the Tuned/Original file then ship the unit back ready to go. The unit fits in a USPS small flat rate box and cost $10 to send to me.
Best,
Scott
Thank you Scott @Softronic for the reply. That is great!
Old 06-29-2023, 05:33 PM
strato58
Burning Brakes

Received 127 Likes on 75 Posts

My 997.1 Turbo has a Softronic tune for I'm not sure how many years now. Close to 10? All I can say is that it is very quick and very safe. And that last part is most important. It transformed the car.
Old 06-29-2023, 09:59 PM
Cst
Instructor

Received 75 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Softronic
Softronic doesn't add more pops unless asked for so im surprised you would get more....Or perhaps its my misunderstanding . We don't ad any for turbos as it will cause premature failure to them so perhaps you can email me more information to our contact...... We also will not do E85 or PDK tunes generally for the damage they can cause to a Porsche engine yet they are always changing.... Porsche has had 2 specific bulletins on E85 alone and not from tuning yet reactions with the motors comp. E85 is reactive to certain metal or aka corrosiv.

Best,
Scott.
Scott ...can you clarify what you mean about potential issues with PDK tuning? More and more companies are offering a PDK tune I think. I would assume it would better due to the power increase from the tune and my assumption would help promote a longer life to the PDK transmission...
Old 06-29-2023, 11:32 PM
Tier1Terrier
Rennlist Member

Received 1,023 Likes on 511 Posts

Originally Posted by BlitzIS
I blame @Tier1Terrier for all of my purchases 🤣
Old 06-29-2023, 11:38 PM
BlitzIS
Rennlist Member

Received 289 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by Tier1Terrier
just installed the P3 today also ☠️🤪
Tier1Terrier (06-29-2023)
Old 07-01-2023, 11:21 PM
BlitzIS
Rennlist Member

On a side note, installed the P3 gauge a couple days ago. Took it out and wanted to see how much boost it would show on the display. It topped out at 18.3 psi according to the gauge before I let off. Not sure how much more boost its capable of but just wondering what other folks have been able to reach on their tune.
Old 07-01-2023, 11:40 PM
Tier1Terrier
Rennlist Member

Received 1,023 Likes on 511 Posts

Originally Posted by BlitzIS
On a side note, installed the P3 gauge a couple days ago. Took it out and wanted to see how much boost it would show on the display. It topped out at 18.3 psi according to the gauge before I let off. Not sure how much more boost its capable of but just wondering what other folks have been able to reach on their tune.
Before my Softronic tune on my 991.2 C2S, my gauge on the dash reached about 13 PSI. My guess is that was the actual PSI, not artificially limited. After the tune, it topped out at 17 but I could sense it was an artificial limit by the way it stopped despite the power continuing to climb during acceleration. Now with the P3 gauge, and just playing around I’ve gotten up to 21 PSI. Not sure if that’s the absolute limit with my tune or if I could’ve pushed a little more out of it but I’ll have to keep trying to see.

Last edited by Tier1Terrier; 07-02-2023 at 09:40 PM.
Old 07-09-2023, 07:45 PM
orthobird
Advanced

Received 36 Likes on 18 Posts

Need some help, I have a 2019 991.2 TTS, and I did the Softronic tune and noticed the vehicle is not acting right.

This video shows it better than what I could explain:

​​​​​​

How can I remove the tune?
Old 07-09-2023, 08:12 PM
BlitzIS
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by orthobird
Need some help, I have a 2019 991.2 TTS, and I did the Softronic tune and noticed the vehicle is not acting right.

This video shows it better than what I could explain:

​​​​​​https://youtu.be/ko3K6ZhqFM4

How can I remove the tune?
I would probably not drive it until you contact Scott and ask him what should be done. Doesn’t look normal at all.
cbredesen (07-10-2023)
Old 07-09-2023, 08:13 PM
orthobird
Advanced

thanks, I emailed him and he has replied. Working on it now. Will update soon.
Old 07-09-2023, 08:21 PM
Softronic
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 188 Likes on 98 Posts

Hello,
​​​​​​Hello,
It looks like you have a PSM error Or a PDK error as it will do that with those errors in. as the car runs and if it was a flashing issue it would not at all. and I checked the file and its OK. They will also go into a limp mode from a TB that gets installed and not calibrated.

Best,
Scott
orthobird (07-09-2023)
Old 07-09-2023, 08:30 PM
orthobird
Advanced

I figured out the problem, i believe. during the tune process, I did the following other fun stuff:
1. removed the rear bumper
2. removed the rear spoiler
3. removed the air filter and its housing
4. removed the throttle body and the plenum and the y-pipe
5. removed the intercoolers
6. I did the tune, but never turned on the vehicle
7. i then replaced all 6 spark plugs
8. I changed the oil
9. I installed a new IPD plenum, then reattached the throttle body with the two connections and heard the clicks
10. i installed a new IPD Y-pipe
11. I installed brand new larger AWE intercoolers
12, installed new charge hoses with clamps that went from intercooler to the Y-pipe
13. then replaced the bumper and the spoiler.

SO more likely than not, I need to do a reset of the throttle body.

I just ordered this:

​​​​​​

iCarsoft POR-II Porsche OBD-II Scanner Tool Multi-systems ABS SRS

so hopefully this will allow me to clear all the codes and reset the throttle body (ETC) throttle control system

Quick Reply: Softronic Tune- 991.2 review