Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Softronic Tune- 991.2 review

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2023, 10:11 AM
MemoS
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

@Softronic Scott, is it possible to minimize or better yet eliminate the pops and burbles in 991.2's Sport mode? Is this an option in the Softronic's tune? Is Softronic tune compatible with Macbook Pro or macOS platform Thanks!

Last edited by MemoS; 06-27-2023 at 11:04 AM.
The following users liked this post:
smell911 (06-28-2023)
Old 06-27-2023, 01:46 PM
F355bob
Rennlist Member

Received 298 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by MemoS
@Softronic Scott, is it possible to minimize or better yet eliminate the pops and burbles in 991.2's Sport mode? Is this an option in the Softronic's tune? Is Softronic tune compatible with Macbook Pro or macOS platform Thanks!

He did it on my tune..991.2 Carrera
Old 06-28-2023, 02:47 PM
xgrimeyx
Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 10 Posts

has anyone done the tune on the sport modes only and kept the normal to stock numbers? if so do you enjoy having that option??? i imagine i wouldn’t want turbo S hp/tq numbers in the rain or single did hit cold weather numbers but still want to drive it year around
Old 06-28-2023, 03:49 PM
Tier1Terrier
Rennlist Member

Received 961 Likes on 479 Posts

Originally Posted by xgrimeyx
has anyone done the tune on the sport modes only and kept the normal to stock numbers? if so do you enjoy having that option??? i imagine i wouldn’t want turbo S hp/tq numbers in the rain or single did hit cold weather numbers but still want to drive it year around
See post #39 above. You don't really 'feel' the tune unless you really lay on the throttle. So if you want to take it easy while driving, you just drive easy and the car will drive easy. It's not like all of a sudden you just tap on the throttle and the car goes out of control flying.
The following 2 users liked this post by Tier1Terrier:
911hammer (06-28-2023), smell911 (06-28-2023)
Old 06-28-2023, 05:39 PM
MemoS
Rennlist Member

@xgrimeyx Thank you!
@Tier1Terrier Did you keep or minimized the pops and burbles?
Old 06-28-2023, 06:00 PM
xgrimeyx
Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Tier1Terrier
See post #39 above. You don't really 'feel' the tune unless you really lay on the throttle. So if you want to take it easy while driving, you just drive easy and the car will drive easy. It's not like all of a sudden you just tap on the throttle and the car goes out of control flying.
yea i read that post but just wanted a few other opinions to solidify it is all. i’m not a gear head but it just seems wild to have that kinda tq gain and it doesn’t feel like a GT3 at all… but hopefully it’s as smooth as you say because i’m mostly convinced to get the tune anyways
Old 06-28-2023, 07:13 PM
smell911
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by xgrimeyx
yea i read that post but just wanted a few other opinions to solidify it is all. i’m not a gear head but it just seems wild to have that kinda tq gain and it doesn’t feel like a GT3 at all… but hopefully it’s as smooth as you say because i’m mostly convinced to get the tune anyways
Agree with not worrying about this... it is quite smooth unless you jump on it (>4k rpm).

In regards to eliminating pops and burbles, I know Bob somehow had it done but Scott said it wasn't possible back in February. I got the tune then and the pops are incredibly annoying every time I let off throttle. It's a shame because sport mode with sport exhaust is the sweet spot for daily driving.

Perhaps I need to pay another tuner to get this done... 😔 😪
Old 06-28-2023, 08:10 PM
Softronic
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 181 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by smell911
Agree with not worrying about this... it is quite smooth unless you jump on it (>4k rpm).

In regards to eliminating pops and burbles, I know Bob somehow had it done but Scott said it wasn't possible back in February. I got the tune then and the pops are incredibly annoying every time I let off throttle. It's a shame because sport mode with sport exhaust is the sweet spot for daily driving.

Perhaps I need to pay another tuner to get this done... 😔 😪
Softronic doesn't add more pops unless asked for so im surprised you would get more....Or perhaps its my misunderstanding . We don't ad any for turbos as it will cause premature failure to them so perhaps you can email me more information to our contact...... We also will not do E85 or PDK tunes generally for the damage they can cause to a Porsche engine yet they are always changing.... Porsche has had 2 specific bulletins on E85 alone and not from tuning yet reactions with the motors comp. E85 is reactive to certain metal or aka corrosiv.

Best,
Scott.
Like us on Facebook for updates and promos

24HRS Daytona Winners programmed by Softronic!

Porsche Interseries programmed along with teamed owned Tudor and World Challenge cars in an exclusive with Softronic.
Porsche PCA racing binary check by Softronic for compliance.

justbob (06-29-2023)
Old 06-28-2023, 09:16 PM
MemoS
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Softronic
Softronic doesn't add more pops unless asked for so im surprised you would get more....Or perhaps its my misunderstanding . We don't ad any for turbos as it will cause premature failure to them so perhaps you can email me more information to our contact...... We also will not do E85 or PDK tunes generally for the damage they can cause to a Porsche engine yet they are always changing.... Porsche has had 2 specific bulletins on E85 alone and not from tuning yet reactions with the motors comp. E85 is reactive to certain metal or aka corrosiv.

Best,
Scott.
Scott, @Softronic I would like to eliminate or minimize the Sport mode pops and burbles via Softronic tune. Is there an option Softronic tune which will eliminate or minimize the pops and burbles and still provide increase HP and torque? Also, is Dimsport software compatible with Mac computers.
Thanks!
Old 06-28-2023, 10:59 PM
smell911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Softronic

Best,
Scott.
Thank you for the response. There's nothing special going on other than the car has more power and the burbles are more aggressive, as expected. The question is and remains- why does Bob state that you eliminated his pops but you've clearly changed your tune and willingness to do that since then? What is the concern?
Perhaps Bob isn't using sport mode and sport exhaust...?
Old 06-28-2023, 11:26 PM
BlitzIS
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by smell911
Thank you for the response. There's nothing special going on other than the car has more power and the burbles are more aggressive, as expected. The question is and remains- why does Bob state that you eliminated his pops but you've clearly changed your tune and willingness to do that since then? What is the concern?
Perhaps Bob isn't using sport mode and sport exhaust...?
I’ll chime in on the burble subject as well. In sport mode, I get the pops. It’s nothing annoying but my preference is driving in sport plus mode. Sport plus mode eliminates about 98% of the burbles. Every now and then I may get some when I let off the throttle. I do feel when switching from sport plus back to sport, the car seems more quicker? However, I still prefer sport plus b/c I can hear the turbos a lot more. I am running catless with a @Softronic tune and I am approaching the 2 year mark with it along with almost 8k miles. The car still runs as strong as the day I installed it. There have been no issues to report back and for me I would still recommend it to whoever is thinking of running this tune.
Old 06-28-2023, 11:46 PM
timothymoffat
Rennlist Member

Received 1,038 Likes on 468 Posts

This thread is evil. Must not read anymore posts or ask any questions.
cbredesen (06-29-2023)
Old 06-28-2023, 11:49 PM
BlitzIS
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by timothymoffat
I blame @Tier1Terrier for all of my purchases 🤣
Old 06-29-2023, 07:49 AM
Cur
Instructor

Received 103 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by timothymoffat
Agreed. I just bought my CPO'd '17 C2S PDK cab a couple weeks ago, and it's taking a LOT of effort to not call Scott up and order one. Even with having an APR shop 3.5 miles from my house.
Old 06-29-2023, 10:13 AM
smell911
Rennlist Member

The tune is absolutely incredible.
When that shift from 4-5 at 130 occurs and it still wants to GO... yikes.

When complaining about how loud the pops and burbles are, I should have mentioned that I also have sport cats.
Laszlo_Laz (06-29-2023)

Quick Reply: Softronic Tune- 991.2 review