Sponsored by:

New to me - 991 C2 Cab

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2020, 04:43 PM
PVKPorsche
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts
Default New to me - 991 C2 Cab

2 weeks in after purchasing this from Porsche of Plano as a CPO with 21k miles and had it shipped to me in CA. The gentleman that owned it before was the original owner now in his 70s and took meticulous care of it as the condition is like new. Small things but saved me time and money was he had the clear bra installed and he also changed out the side markers to clear. I immediately removed the Carrera Classic wheels and put on these, lightly tinted windows, added side graphic and removed the rear emblem so it only says 911 Carrera now. Also added the Sprint Booster. I had a 997 before and 964s. My 997 was great but it was manual and coupe and I wanted Cab and PDK. The interior not my first choice, rather have grey or black from the contrast with this color looks great and the fact that its so clean and shows no signs of wear at all shows me how much care the previous own took with this car. Next mod being considered is fixed rear wing. Did that on my 997 and as much as I like the automatic wing. I want either the ducktail or a Techart style wing.
The following 10 users liked this post by PVKPorsche:
Arxigos (10-16-2020), B Russ (10-19-2020), BMWtoo (10-20-2020), daddyscar (10-19-2020), Guaji (10-16-2020), jimmiejam (10-16-2020), marcnyc (10-16-2020), SFZ GT3 (10-21-2020), T3X4S (10-16-2020), Wrtflyr (10-16-2020) and 5 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 10-16-2020, 05:20 PM
drcollie
Rennlist Member

Received 4,351 Likes on 1,524 Posts

One of the best mods you can do is a SmartTop Module for the opening and lowering. You'll use it constantly and appreciate what it can do, especially on hot summer days when the car is an oven and you can put the top down while walking to the car.

The following 2 users liked this post by drcollie:
BMWtoo (10-20-2020), First991 (10-16-2020)
Old 10-16-2020, 05:34 PM
james280
Instructor

Received 85 Likes on 50 Posts

Beautiful Cab, congrats. Btw, I commented about a '70 year old prior owner' and got a bit roasted - see thread link below, scroll down a bit. But I think I took it on the chin and moved on. I got their point, it just didn't apply to my prior owner.

https://rennlist.com/forums/991/1217...-targa-4s.html
Old 10-16-2020, 05:42 PM
PVKPorsche
Rennlist Member

I saw that module somewhere and agree, looks like a great solution. Where is the best place to get one? Thanks for the info on defining someone's age. Hopefully they would understand that I meant his age as a positive because in my 50s, I take much better care of my cars now than I did when in my 20s. In my 20s, I took good care of them but I ran the hell out of them.

Last edited by PVKPorsche; 10-16-2020 at 05:44 PM.
Old 10-16-2020, 07:43 PM
Porschejam
Instructor

Received 72 Likes on 41 Posts

Nice car!

Did the Porsche dealer get the wheels for you, or did you get them somewhere else? Where?

Last edited by Porschejam; 10-16-2020 at 07:46 PM.
Old 10-16-2020, 08:48 PM
PVKPorsche
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Porschejam
Nice car!

Did the Porsche dealer get the wheels for you, or did you get them somewhere else? Where?
Thank you much. No dealer, I had been looking for a while before I bought the car and really wanted the 50th Anniversary wheels but no bargains on those. I like that style of wheel and fortunately found these on ebay from a guy I had purchased from before in Huntington Beach that has a lot of European takeoffs. Unfortunately they were 100% blacked out so I took to my wheel guy and had the paint removed down to the machine finish where you see the silver. Which is how the wheels originally came from Porsche.

Anyone know if that SmartTop module is plug/play so I can do it or does it need to be programmed?
Old 10-17-2020, 08:08 PM
cvtbenhogan
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts

Nice! Enjoy.
Old 10-17-2020, 09:31 PM
PVKPorsche
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by drcollie
One of the best mods you can do is a SmartTop Module for the opening and lowering. You'll use it constantly and appreciate what it can do, especially on hot summer days when the car is an oven and you can put the top down while walking to the car.
Doc, ordered the SmartTop module yesterday. Thank you for the recommendation. I read up and watched and youtube on it. easy to install and some great features.
Old 10-18-2020, 11:30 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,460 Likes on 2,361 Posts

Nice. I assume you mean "spoiler" and not "wing", right? A spoiler is what is up in your picture that should be down when not moving and a wing is always up.
Old 10-19-2020, 01:39 PM
ahung
Advanced

Received 37 Likes on 21 Posts

Congratulations! Beautiful color/wheel combo. Enjoy!
Old 10-19-2020, 01:45 PM
PVKPorsche
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bob Z.
Nice. I assume you mean "spoiler" and not "wing", right? A spoiler is what is up in your picture that should be down when not moving and a wing is always up.
symantics, when I ordered my BMW, the options list shows a rear spoiler, which is fixed
The following users liked this post:
MidEngineRules (10-19-2020)
Old 10-19-2020, 05:12 PM
B Russ
Rennlist Member

Received 864 Likes on 567 Posts

My smart top module will get installed next week. Tell me your experience with the Sprint booster
Old 10-20-2020, 05:14 AM
PVKPorsche
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by B Russ
My smart top module will get installed next week. Tell me your experience with the Sprint booster
Mine is supposed to be here later this week and going to install myself after watching a youtube video. Seems pretty easy. Sprint Booster, well first this one is the 6th Sbooster I have installed. I had 4 on BMWs, 1 on an Audi and now this one. I knew this going into it but on turbo cars, the booster really makes a noticeable difference. On non-turbo cars, less noticeable and I will give an example. On my turbo BMWs and Audi, when the setting was on the highest and I put the car in Sport mode also, it was almost too aggressive. Almost but really I was shocked at the difference. Its just removing the delay that cars have when you accelerate and european cars more than others. On naturally aspirated cars the only setting where you feel a difference is the highest setting and its a much smaller, difference but still a difference. I got my 991.1 and it the very first thing I bought and it just makes the car react and respond quicker.

On the other forums, BMW and Audi, there were a bunch of critics that had all kinds of wonderfully uneducated things to say about it but not one of them had used one before. What actually made me bite the bullet the first time, was there was a money back guarantee. I dont know if there still is, I assume so but I dont check any longer because I have experienced it on so many cars now that I wont do without one. Best way to test....have the swithc connected and have it turned off. Do a rapid start from the line and also one where you are driving about 30mph. In both cases, turn it on the highest setting and feel the difference. I put mine on the high setting and then I remove the swtich so I dont have a wire running from under the dash. Its pretty easy to install. about 10 min for me since I have done a few. Likely about 20 min for your first time. Mainly reinstalling the gas pedal because its tight quarters under there. When I say reinstalling, its one hex screw and the plug and then putting the pedal back onto the groove. Let me know if you end up doing it and provide feedback. I always enjoy hearing people try them and then find out what a difference it makes. Looks like your car is a 992, so being a turbo may make it very noticeable like what I experienced with the BMWs and Audi.
Old 10-20-2020, 12:03 PM
B Russ
Rennlist Member

Received 864 Likes on 567 Posts

I have it on my 2017 Cab and my 2108 Pan turbo. I cant for the life of me understand the people that want to **** all over them, especially ones that never actually drove with one. They are such a great affordable mod, especially for cars with no tunes offered or if you dont want to tune them. I keep my controller visible and usually run in sport mode at #7. Race mode is a bit twitchy but if Im out doing some stoplight running its in race mode.
Thanks for your response.
Old 10-20-2020, 03:36 PM
PVKPorsche
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by B Russ
I have it on my 2017 Cab and my 2108 Pan turbo. I cant for the life of me understand the people that want to **** all over them, especially ones that never actually drove with one. They are such a great affordable mod, especially for cars with no tunes offered or if you dont want to tune them. I keep my controller visible and usually run in sport mode at #7. Race mode is a bit twitchy but if Im out doing some stoplight running its in race mode.
Thanks for your response.
Very nice, a fellow "Booster" glad to hear someone provide a positive experience that has actually used one and on two vehicles. Couldnt agree more with what you stated. Cheap, painless and risk free thrill. By the way, very sharp Cab, love the newer body style and especially fond of that wheel choice you have.

Last edited by PVKPorsche; 10-20-2020 at 03:38 PM.

Quick Reply: New to me - 991 C2 Cab