Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone with DSC Sport Module?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2020, 03:39 AM
Need4S
Burning Brakes

Received 80 Likes on 61 Posts

Is there a way to tell if the unit is not functioning?
Old 07-05-2020, 10:10 AM
nicholascanada
Pro

Received 274 Likes on 141 Posts

Is it fairly easy to change for example the 5-100% normal mode to 20-100%?

Does the GT Tour file run a softer Tour file on Normal, 5-100%, and then GT RS sport mode 20-100%? Or is the GT RS file something completely different?

I am not looking for anything softer, so was thinking of changing the normal file to 20-100%, sport 35-100% on the GT Tour file.
Old 07-05-2020, 10:59 AM
Bud Taylor
Drifting

Received 445 Likes on 318 Posts
Default Golf R

I am interested in one of these for the .1 S with PDCC but even more interested for one on my golf 19R with 20s. I know this is not a VW forum but the members here are far more technical. When the R hits a pothole it would loosen fillings. VW guys seem to think it would not work due to the differences in suspension between the dampners and the manufacturer is not providing a clear answer. One guy has tried it and likes it on his R but no real data. When I order I will just get it for both cars. Anyone have any insight ?
Old 07-05-2020, 01:24 PM
Ceepe
Rennlist Member

Received 601 Likes on 307 Posts

As a sidenote/threadjack comment..I had a MK7 GTI and a MK7.5 (2019) Golf R. Driven in and around NYC. I would bottom out the suspension so violently it would shut down the virtual cockpit for a few seconds. All of these modern golf's need a firmer suspension to avoid hitting the bumpstops. It is only that paired with lighter wheels that cures it. I was running a 17 OZ wheel on the 2019 and still crashing into small potholes like crazy, on the stock springs and shocks. Also car needs to be driven in the firmest drive mode all the time to lessen that suspension crash effect.
Old 07-05-2020, 03:40 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 212 Likes on 183 Posts

Originally Posted by Bud Taylor
I am interested in one of these for the .1 S with PDCC but even more interested for one on my golf 19R with 20s. I know this is not a VW forum but the members here are far more technical. When the R hits a pothole it would loosen fillings. VW guys seem to think it would not work due to the differences in suspension between the dampners and the manufacturer is not providing a clear answer. One guy has tried it and likes it on his R but no real data. When I order I will just get it for both cars. Anyone have any insight ?
Hey,

It would work with the Golf R, but I believe right now there is an issues with ESC so they are not selling it until its fixed. I'm an RS3 owner and I know thats the issue with RS3 DSC units. I've read on the golf R forums of people trying it and having positive results as well.

I can ask DSC if there issue with the RS3 is the same as the golf R but if not then you'd be good to go! Feel free to reach out to me and hopefully I'll have an answer for you by then.

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
BC Forged / Soul Performance / Akrapovic / Bilstein / HRE / AL13 / CSF + more

Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886

Old 07-06-2020, 09:08 PM
Bud Taylor
Drifting

Received 445 Likes on 318 Posts
Default When i spoke with dsc - rs3

They said no issue on the 19. The issue you describe is with the 16 and 17.

For the rs3 guys on vw forum say the audis have a different type of suspension and it works with those. Again no solid technical understandable answer.

Originally Posted by Meraki Autoworks
Hey,

It would work with the Golf R, but I believe right now there is an issues with ESC so they are not selling it until its fixed. I'm an RS3 owner and I know thats the issue with RS3 DSC units. I've read on the golf R forums of people trying it and having positive results as well.

I can ask DSC if there issue with the RS3 is the same as the golf R but if not then you'd be good to go! Feel free to reach out to me and hopefully I'll have an answer for you by then.

-Josh
Old 07-07-2020, 02:31 AM
97supratt
Rennlist Member

Received 279 Likes on 182 Posts

I need a DSC box!!
Old 07-07-2020, 02:58 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by 97supratt
I need a DSC box!!
We have one in stock for pickup

-Josh
Old 07-07-2020, 10:31 AM
rugu6869
Burning Brakes

Received 464 Likes on 301 Posts

Hi all,

I'm convinced to get the DSC for sure.
Anyone have experience with Bilstein B16 coil-overs coupled with the DSC? That's my plan.
I don't need Tractive suspension as I'm not going to track my car (I have two race cars for that). I have tried lowering springs in the past and have never been happy with them. Coil-overs were the only thing that worked well for me and Bilstein makes the original dampers, so I imagine they have access to engineering details most others do not.

Also, for those that have GTI's, I have a 2015 Mk7 with a full suspension (Superpro control arms, JRZ single adjustable coil-overs, sway bars, end links, chassis stiffeners etc.) and will tell you that the stock shocks and lowering springs don't work. The shocks can't cope. Changing to the JRZ is a world of difference. The ride is really good and completely controlled.

Thanks!
Old 07-07-2020, 12:56 PM
jimmymoO
Rennlist Member

Received 114 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by rugu6869
Hi all,

Anyone have experience with Bilstein B16 coil-overs coupled with the DSC? That's my plan.
I don't need Tractive suspension as I'm not going to track my car (I have two race cars for that). I have tried lowering springs in the past and have never been happy with them. Coil-overs were the only thing that worked well for me and Bilstein makes the original dampers, so I imagine they have access to engineering details most others do not.

Also, for those that have GTI's, I have a 2015 Mk7 with a full suspension (Superpro control arms, JRZ single adjustable coil-overs, sway bars, end links, chassis stiffeners etc.) and will tell you that the stock shocks and lowering springs don't work. The shocks can't cope. Changing to the JRZ is a world of difference. The ride is really good and completely controlled.

Thanks!
https://rennlist.com/forums/991/1195...n-991-2-a.html

I started this thread. It seems some folks has it. I'm hoping to get a ride from local before I make a final decision.
Old 07-07-2020, 02:27 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by rugu6869
Hi all,

Thanks!
Yes, I have a good amount of customers in the 718 section with that setup. B16 x DSC. Should be able to find a lot of feedback over there.

-Josh
Old 12-22-2021, 12:46 AM
d93
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Bumping this old thread......I installed the DSC in my 991.2 GTS today. Everything is just settled down. Long fast sweeping turns the ride is flat. The biggest thing I noticed was how stable the front end is. At first the sensation felt like the front end was riding high because it was so stable. When diving into a corner I was prepared for understeer due to this sensation but it just stayed flat and bit. Definitely more traction than the stock controller. It changes so fast with the steering, braking, acceleration inputs and road conditions....a really amazing but subtle difference. Then on the freeway home turned off PDCC and enjoyed the sport sedan ride quality home.
The following 3 users liked this post by d93:
SFZ GT3 (12-24-2021), The Ox (12-23-2021), Tom@TPC Racing (12-23-2021)

Quick Reply: Anyone with DSC Sport Module?