Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Antigravity Lithium in a 991.1 - Is It Possible?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2020, 07:39 PM
F1SML8R
Instructor

Received 157 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by Need4S
Maybe on some. But I have a 991.1, did not re-code, and got no error messages at all. Everything ran fine right away and has since doing this months ago.
Even better. I just want to make sure people know the answer to "Antigravity Lithium in a 991.1, Is it possible"? The answer is yes. Some do get errors that quickly go away or in a best case scenario, your world is perfect like nothing was ever changed.
The following 2 users liked this post by F1SML8R:
Antigravity (08-03-2020), Need4S (08-02-2020)
Old 08-02-2020, 12:28 AM
polobai
Drifting

Received 1,125 Likes on 670 Posts

+1 for no recode and no errors on my Antigravity battery. Mine is a 991.2
The following 3 users liked this post by polobai:
Antigravity (08-03-2020), F1SML8R (08-02-2020), Need4S (08-02-2020)
Old 08-03-2020, 01:18 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,014 Likes on 571 Posts

Thank you for the input guys, always appreciate the feed back and glad to know the battery is working great as it should.
-Chad
chad@antigravitybatteries.com
Old 10-18-2020, 09:28 PM
carguy84
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I much appreciate this thread and Chad's involvement. I have a 991.2 GT3 that I haven't been able to drive since it's been in a different state and I haven't been here since last December. Back then when I had just installed the battery, it took a bit to get it going as it was below the low voltage cut off when I received it and had to charge it before using it. When I got it charged up with the help of support and drove it, All seemed fine. Then it sat on a charger for a month and didn't get driven (now in late january), fortunately my dad decided to head down to my house for covid and I had him take it out and he said he received low voltage errors. Then the next week no errors, this when on and off for a bit. Then unbeknownst to me the last time he took it out (May 2020) he got a bunch of different errors including Low Voltage and rear wheel steering error.

I was finally able to come down here from Mass and turned the car on and got the same Low Voltage error even though the battery was reading 13.7 and had been on a charger the whole time. The car starts fine but I haven't driven yet. So I'm thinking I'm also one of these edge cases. Car has about 100 miles on it with this battery. Will try taking it out tomorrow and reach out to AB afterwards.

Chip-
The following users liked this post:
Antigravity (10-19-2020)
Old 10-18-2020, 09:30 PM
Wolpertinger
Rennlist Member

Received 540 Likes on 268 Posts

FWIW, we've had some cooler temps again lately and I've had no further error codes since installing the updated battery.
Antigravity (10-19-2020)
Old 10-19-2020, 12:50 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by carguy84
I much appreciate this thread and Chad's involvement. I have a 991.2 GT3 that I haven't been able to drive since it's been in a different state and I haven't been here since last December. Back then when I had just installed the battery, it took a bit to get it going as it was below the low voltage cut off when I received it and had to charge it before using it. When I got it charged up with the help of support and drove it, All seemed fine. Then it sat on a charger for a month and didn't get driven (now in late january), fortunately my dad decided to head down to my house for covid and I had him take it out and he said he received low voltage errors. Then the next week no errors, this when on and off for a bit. Then unbeknownst to me the last time he took it out (May 2020) he got a bunch of different errors including Low Voltage and rear wheel steering error.

I was finally able to come down here from Mass and turned the car on and got the same Low Voltage error even though the battery was reading 13.7 and had been on a charger the whole time. The car starts fine but I haven't driven yet. So I'm thinking I'm also one of these edge cases. Car has about 100 miles on it with this battery. Will try taking it out tomorrow and reach out to AB afterwards.

Chip-
Hi Chip, definitely reach out to me directly and let me know how things go.
Best regards,
Chad
chad@antigravitybatteries.com
Old 01-13-2021, 12:22 AM
Diamond 9
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I’m having bit of issues with my battery as it showing low voltage and rear steering code. I drive the car every week. Wen I purchased the battery for several months was no issues as it could sit for week or 2 and no issues. But now is giving me codes even after driving the car every day. I did purchase the charger and after 1 hour battery was at full charge, but next day it was low again, not by much as it only took 10min to recharge. I sure hope this is not a permanent issue as from what I read in your earlier post the battery can sit for 6 weeks plus with out any worries. Please let me know your thoughts on this. Thank you
Old 01-13-2021, 12:27 AM
Al.Fresco
Three Wheelin'

Received 332 Likes on 190 Posts

Originally Posted by Diamond 9
I’m having bit of issues with my battery as it showing low voltage and rear steering code. I drive the car every week. Wen I purchased the battery for several months was no issues as it could sit for week or 2 and no issues. But now is giving me codes even after driving the car every day. I did purchase the charger and after 1 hour battery was at full charge, but next day it was low again, not by much as it only took 10min to recharge. I sure hope this is not a permanent issue as from what I read in your earlier post the battery can sit for 6 weeks plus with out any worries. Please let me know your thoughts on this. Thank you
Outside temp while you are driving?
Old 01-13-2021, 08:54 AM
Diamond 9
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

60s. It’s been chilled in FL. We are going to Barber this weekend and it will be in the 30s in the morning and 50s day time
Old 01-13-2021, 12:11 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Diamond 9
Hi Diamond, definitely odd since as you stated the battery has been installed for sometime and working as it should. A couple things to touch on but do you have the battery tracker installed and have you been monitoring the voltage at all? Any aftermarket accessories installed on the car at all..Also have you checked your terminal connections as we've seen loose terminals trigger fault codes as well from not seeing a stable voltage signal. And which Amp Hour capacity are you using? Please feel free to email me directly as well if you like at chad@antigravitybatteries.com

Best regards,
Chad

Last edited by Antigravity; 01-13-2021 at 12:48 PM.
Old 01-14-2021, 10:39 PM
Steve Theodore
Rennlist Member

Received 630 Likes on 323 Posts

Another huge AG fan chiming in here. I have had one in my 997.1 GT2 for over a year, and just installed their Group 35 battery in my daily driven Toyota 4Runner. No problems with either application, and I've received fantastic communication and support from the AG team each time I've asked for anything. At this point I want them for all my vehicles, but am too cheap to replace a battery that is otherwise healthy...hence only having 2 of them for now.
Antigravity (01-15-2021)
Old 01-19-2021, 07:37 PM
Awdnut
Rennlist Member

Received 110 Likes on 27 Posts
Default Faults on multiple 991 with my 2year old Antigravity 60Ah battery

I have an almost 2 year ole 60Ah AG battery with I have been using in my Singer Porsche 964 with no problem. Last week I purchased a 40Ah AG battery. My plan is to use the new 40Ah AG battery for my Singer Porsche 964 use the older 60Ah AG battery for my 991 Speedster. However with the older 60Ah AG battery in the 991 Speedster, shortly after I start the engine, I get the "Engine control fault", "Rear Axle steering fault", "Steering assist reduced", "Parking brake fault" and when I drive the car, I get "Reduced power caution". I cycled my car multiple times (more than 24 hours/overnight) with no success (consistent and similar faults)

Since I have another 991(991R) with 4yrs old Lithium battery (Voltphreaks VPH1200), I decided to try my older 60Ah AG battery in it. I got pretty much similar faults on my 991R when I installed my older 60Ah AG battery.

Tried the next day, my new 40Ah AG battery in both my Speedster and R, no faults at all. So for now I left the new 40Ah AG battery in my Speedster and the older 60Ah AG battery in my Singer Porsche 964.

Enclosed in the battery voltage logs on both the 40Ah and the older 60Ah AG batteries, ignition on, start the engine and idle. Notice the difference in voltage fluctuations between the two AG batteries in the same car under the same condition.

Left voicemail and sent email to Antigravity but no response so far

60Ah AG batt. in 991 Speedster

40Ah AG batt. in 991 Speedster
Old 01-19-2021, 07:55 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Awdnut
I have an almost 2 year ole 60Ah AG battery with I have been using in my Singer Porsche 964 with no problem. Last week I purchased a 40Ah AG battery. My plan is to use the new 40Ah AG battery for my Singer Porsche 964 use the older 60Ah AG battery for my 991 Speedster. However with the older 60Ah AG battery in the 991 Speedster, shortly after I start the engine, I get the "Engine control fault", "Rear Axle steering fault", "Steering assist reduced", "Parking brake fault" and when I drive the car, I get "Reduced power caution". I cycled my car multiple times (more than 24 hours/overnight) with no success (consistent and similar faults)

Since I have another 991(991R) with 4yrs old Lithium battery (Voltphreaks VPH1200), I decided to try my older 60Ah AG battery in it. I got pretty much similar faults on my 991R when I installed my older 60Ah AG battery.

Tried the next day, my new 40Ah AG battery in both my Speedster and R, no faults at all. So for now I left the new 40Ah AG battery in my Speedster and the older 60Ah AG battery in my Singer Porsche 964.

Enclosed in the battery voltage logs on both the 40Ah and the older 60Ah AG batteries, ignition on, start the engine and idle. Notice the difference in voltage fluctuations between the two AG batteries in the same car under the same condition.

Left voicemail and sent email to Antigravity but no response so far

60Ah AG batt. in 991 Speedster

40Ah AG batt. in 991 Speedster
Hi awdnut and thanks for sharing. We're very limited and running very small staff in the office so they may be a little delayed in getting your info sent to one us who are working remotely. But regardless, always feel free to reach out to me directly at chad@antigravitybatteries.com as that's usually the quickest way to get in touch. In regards to the performance can you email me some of your full day grid views? would just like to see a longer duration of what the battery is seeing and wondering if the protections in the 60Ah are getting triggered. If you have any issues pulling the screenshots or seeing the view just let me know and I can walk you through pulling it up but the view would look similar to the image below.

Best regards,
Chad
Old 11-15-2021, 03:05 PM
AKITCHELL
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Wolpertinger
I almost regret starting this thread because it might scare people away from what is a really great battery. The company is standing behind its product and making every effort to solve this issue with me.
Not gonna lie , I was thinking about the black friday sale on one of these batteries , and just reading the thread has changed my mind. That seems like a lot of hassle you went through. But not just bc of your issues .

No offense to the manufacturer, but when i buy something for my 911, i believe it up to the product to work with the car. Blaming the car or having to jump thru hoops to make the car conform to the battery , just turns me off to the whole situation.
Old 11-15-2021, 03:09 PM
Steve Theodore
Rennlist Member

Received 630 Likes on 323 Posts

When I see their Black Friday sales I get excited and think about which of my vehicles still need them. Just a counter-point as a very satisfied customer of Antigravity.

Quick Reply: Antigravity Lithium in a 991.1 - Is It Possible?