Sponsored by:

991.2 Carrera T vs. Carrera S

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2023, 11:20 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,458 Likes on 2,361 Posts

Originally Posted by NewBPorsche
So I am as confused as can be. I got an allocation for a Carrera T here in Florida. I have never owned a Porsche and am newbie as humanly possible. By the time the dealer made me option out the car the MSRP was over 150k which was their minimum. Others ask me why not get an s for that price? I had to put in things that defeat the whole point of the T like Rear wheel steering etc. I just don't know that I am doing the right thing here. Seems super strange to me. I would hate to not like the first one! Not to mention the dealer is also making me buy a watch which is likely 90% profit to them so they dont have to markup. The whole process thus far has been horrible, unfriendly, sketchy and really upsetting! Happy to share my build spec. I just feel dirty!
Have you made a deposit yet? May want to reconsider, or put the negotiating hat on.
Old 12-30-2023, 11:28 PM
enzotcat
Pro

Received 385 Likes on 201 Posts

Originally Posted by NewBPorsche
So I am as confused as can be. I got an allocation for a Carrera T here in Florida. I have never owned a Porsche and am newbie as humanly possible. By the time the dealer made me option out the car the MSRP was over 150k which was their minimum. Others ask me why not get an s for that price? I had to put in things that defeat the whole point of the T like Rear wheel steering etc. I just don't know that I am doing the right thing here. Seems super strange to me. I would hate to not like the first one! Not to mention the dealer is also making me buy a watch which is likely 90% profit to them so they dont have to markup. The whole process thus far has been horrible, unfriendly, sketchy and really upsetting! Happy to share my build spec. I just feel dirty!
Find another dealer. You're not getting the car you want. Any dealer that says a minimum of $150k for a 911T (and you have to buy a watch - seriously, they are "forcing" you to buy a watch????) needs to go take a hike. At its core, it's a car. A nice car, to be sure, but it's a car. When I hear words like "the dealer made me option out the car" and "making me buy a watch" I instead hear "they need to be reported to the BBB for being a bunch of jerks". Walk. Find another dealer. Better still, search for a good used one that more matches what you want.
Old 12-31-2023, 02:58 PM
snake eyes
Three Wheelin'

Received 363 Likes on 224 Posts

If you go PDK,
reminder that only the S gets an electronic diff…
ao you want to go manual with the T..
go PDK with the S if you are going to track it…
Old 12-31-2023, 08:50 PM
Cur
Instructor

Received 103 Likes on 74 Posts

100% with "find a better dealer"... wow. Hell, I'd out them in public for that kind of b.s.

Quick Reply: 991.2 Carrera T vs. Carrera S