Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PDCC or RAS - if you could only pick one?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2020, 10:46 PM
AlBinVA
Racer

Received 111 Likes on 64 Posts

Here is a perspective from a maintenance standpoint. I can't recall seeing maintenance issues discussed here on the RWS but I believe that PDCC pump/reservoir has been discussed several to many times. From a personal perspective, mine failed and was covered by warranty. Outside of warranty it is a $3.3k job. Just another angle to consider.
The following users liked this post:
smiles11 (06-07-2020)
Old 06-07-2020, 12:22 AM
smiles11
Rennlist Member

Received 3,388 Likes on 1,482 Posts

Originally Posted by AlBinVA
Here is a perspective from a maintenance standpoint. I can't recall seeing maintenance issues discussed here on the RWS but I believe that PDCC pump/reservoir has been discussed several to many times. From a personal perspective, mine failed and was covered by warranty. Outside of warranty it is a $3.3k job. Just another angle to consider.
This is what I would like to know.

Not enough info on maintenance issues for either one. Someone should start a thread to see how many have experienced issues with both PDCC & RAS.

As I would prefer a less complex car to maintain.
Old 06-07-2020, 12:31 AM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,443 Likes on 2,354 Posts

There is really no such thing today, and the odds of having to repair one of these systems is probably very low so don't focus on that aspect, and focus on the fun factor.
Old 06-07-2020, 12:46 AM
smiles11
Rennlist Member

Received 3,388 Likes on 1,482 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob Z.
There is really no such thing today, and the odds of having to repair one of these systems is probably very low so don't focus on that aspect, and focus on the fun factor.
No doubt there is a fun factor. Except most aren't keeping their cars long term, and after only a few years, I wouldn't expect maintenance issues.

However, for those that are keeping their cars long term, 5-10 years. Has anyone had issues with PDCC & RAS?
Old 06-07-2020, 07:42 AM
realityintrudes
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob Z.
I would take RAS and add a DSC Module, which is actually what I did!
Bob Z-
So you do not need PDCC first in order to add the DSC module? You can just insert the DSC into the "base" suspension? I have read through the DSC posted info and couldn't tell.
BTW- I really enjoy your excellent documentation of aesthetic upgrades to please yourself! I like your boldness of initiative and style.
ri
Old 06-07-2020, 08:10 AM
Nathan_
Instructor

Received 81 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by realityintrudes
Bob Z-
So you do not need PDCC first in order to add the DSC module? You can just insert the DSC into the "base" suspension? I have read through the DSC posted info and couldn't tell.
BTW- I really enjoy your excellent documentation of aesthetic upgrades to please yourself! I like your boldness of initiative and style.
ri
You do not need PDCC to use a DSC module, it controls the dampers and dynamic engine mounts (if fitted). Great modification and definitely gives you the option to have better ride quality if desired.
Old 06-08-2020, 07:32 PM
realityintrudes
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Nathan_
You do not need PDCC to use a DSC module, it controls the dampers and dynamic engine mounts (if fitted). Great modification and definitely gives you the option to have better ride quality if desired.
That is great to hear. Based on the nearly universal praise by RLers, I figure it would be one of my first mods. ri
Old 06-08-2020, 08:20 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,443 Likes on 2,354 Posts

Originally Posted by realityintrudes
Bob Z-
ri
Correct, which is why I said to get the RAS since DSC can be added. While it does not replicate what PDCC does it works well enough for me. And thanks about my customizing - life is meant to live boldly!
Old 06-08-2020, 09:01 PM
dflowerz
Burning Brakes

Received 65 Likes on 41 Posts

I love both on my 991.2 C2s. Coming up on 4 years and no issues but only between 13 and 14K miles. RWS is amazing and also super handy in parking lots. PDCC is also fantastic for twisty roads. I added all the handling goodies with my custom order and am glad I did. If I had to choose it would be RWS. But try and get both.
Old 06-08-2020, 10:07 PM
Yc911Kid
Three Wheelin'

Received 845 Likes on 442 Posts

Isn't that you have to add RAS before adding PDCC on the .2? At least according to the .2 gts configurator that's still available. I don't think I've seen a car with PDCC and no RAS either

Quick Reply: PDCC or RAS - if you could only pick one?