Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Burger Motorsports JB4 Tuning Systems Available Now!

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2019 | 08:39 AM
Penn4S
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by NightBlueTTS
Sorry, I should have been more precise. While the boost target is higher across the rev range (during WOT), the boost doesn’t really get close to the +4psi target until higher in the revs. So either the turbo is operating at max capacity and can’t build boost any faster or the wastegate isn’t being managed as efficiently as possible to build the boost faster.

This is why I would be really interested in seeing a dyno. The way this looks to me is that the peak HP differential only really occurs in the upper revs vs across the rev range. But then again I could be misinterpreting this..

here are logs of map 6, map 3, and map 0 (4.2 target, +4 vs disabled):

If you don't care whether the tune is detectable or not why not then go for a Pro tune. Cobb or others and have a Pro Tune done. If stealth is not your worry why go piggy back?
I have no history with JB 4 and would not criticize them I'm just wondering why you are taking this route.
Old 08-11-2019 | 11:48 AM
NightBlueTTS
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Penn4S
If you don't care whether the tune is detectable or not why not then go for a Pro tune. Cobb or others and have a Pro Tune done. If stealth is not your worry why go piggy back?
I have no history with JB 4 and would not criticize them I'm just wondering why you are taking this route.
That makes sense. I presume that an ecu tune will not have the same issue, but I don’t feel like pulling the ecu and physically modifying it at this point. I hope they find a way to flash the ecu through the obdII like they had for the .1

Just don’t want to physically modify the ecu at this time
Old 08-11-2019 | 11:27 PM
PCA1983
Rennlist Member

NightBlueTTS said:
"While the boost target is higher across the rev range (during WOT), the boost doesn’t really get close to the +4psi target until higher in the revs. So either the turbo is operating at max capacity and can’t build boost any faster or the wastegate isn’t being managed as efficiently as possible to build the boost faster."

That is exactly how my totally stock C2S/X51 boost behaves. To compensate for this, i cruise around 3000 rpm, and lag is reduced. But peak boost doesn't seem to come on till 5000+ rpm. So how would this also be a negative for the JB4?

Here is my thought - Maybe Porsche programmed so as not to build boost too rapidly, so that oil pressure is sufficient to handle living sufficiently for higher boost.

Last edited by PCA1983; 08-12-2019 at 09:06 PM.
Old 08-11-2019 | 11:31 PM
Rennolazine
Rennlist Member

With cobb u hit 23 psi at 3k rpm on a base. The car can do it the question is does the drivetrain play nice. When youre piggybacking off accessory tables expect less aggressive delivery down low. Much safer but it starts behaving alot more turbo laggy than stock. Unless burger has some tricks to combat this, which they might. But thats the nature of a piggy back
The following 2 users liked this post by Rennolazine:
Aatish (08-12-2019), NightBlueTTS (08-12-2019)
Old 08-12-2019 | 07:15 AM
NightBlueTTS
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by PCA1983
NightBlueTTS said:
"While the boost target is higher across the rev range (during WOT), the boost doesn’t really get close to the +4psi target until higher in the revs. So either the turbo is operating at max capacity and can’t build boost any faster or the wastegate isn’t being managed as efficiently as possible to build the boost faster."

That is exactly how my totally stock C2S/X51 boost behaves. To compensate for this, cruise around 3000 rpm, and lag is reduced. But peak bossy doesn't seem to come on till 5000+ rpm. So how would this also be a negative for the JB4?

Here is my thought - Maybe Porsche programmed so as not to build boost too rapidly, so that oil pressure is sufficient to handle living sufficiently for higher boost.
This would be a negative of the jb4 only if the turbos are capable of building boost faster..I don’t know the answer, but anecdotal evidence from ecu tunes seem to suggest that higher boost earlier is possible.
Old 08-12-2019 | 03:54 PM
BMS
Former Vendor

This would be a negative of the jb4 only if the turbos are capable of building boost faster..I don’t know the answer, but anecdotal evidence from ecu tunes seem to suggest that higher boost earlier is possible.
Post the CSV files so we can take a look on the graph

We'll take a look at boost and what it's requesting and when.

-Payam
Old 08-12-2019 | 03:58 PM
BMS
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Gonzalo38
What I'm worried about, is that until now, there's no real proof that the claims of this product are true. No dyno numbers or curves so I'm wondering how they can even provide some numbers without previous testing. Other tune manufacturers extensively test their software before releasing them and they can provide numbers and curves because of these testings, but in this case there's nothing. If that's the case, how we even know that the tune doesn't have any flaws that could seriously affect your cars ?

Last week I was about to place an order for this tune but know I have decided to wait or pass since no information has been able to be provided despite several of people asking for it.
We have our dragy data runs which we can translate to actual hp gains. As I've stated, I will have dyno numbers soon. The closest AWD dynojet is 90 miles each way from me.

If you feel skeptical about us, you can take a look at my data and dynojet numbers from my 991.1 TTS

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-turb...lable-now.html

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-turb...28-2019-a.html

-Payam
Old 08-12-2019 | 04:44 PM
NightBlueTTS
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BMS
Post the CSV files so we can take a look on the graph

We'll take a look at boost and what it's requesting and when.

-Payam

I just emailed some to you. I can get the ones in the post above later. But the ones I emailed to you show maps 0, 3, and 6 in 4th gear from 3000-5000rpms
Old 08-12-2019 | 05:09 PM
BIGWORM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Skullbussa
I'm curious, are any tuners actively still trying to do this? Or is it one of those things that will simply never happen?
Originally Posted by Rennolazine
Not happening any time soon
Originally Posted by Bob Z.
I bet they are all trying to crack it and one will succeed because it is too big of a challenge. And when it happens a lot of owners will get it since many just don't want to take their ECUs out, even though that in itself is not a big deal.

Im praying BootMod3 makes it way to Porsche. Those guys came out of nowhere in the BMW world, took over OBD2 flashing and now dominate it as far as I'm concerned. Their tunes ran so smooth and allowed us to change the duration and aggression of our exhaust "pops" which was kind of fun to be able to change each driver mode to a different pop sound. You could remove the pops all together if you wanted too as well. All from the iphone too. You could even set the boost per gear from your iphone app among many other things.

I pray they make it over here sooner than later.
The following 2 users liked this post by BIGWORM:
Mark Mullins (04-26-2020), Omega4 (08-12-2019)
Old 08-12-2019 | 05:12 PM
BIGWORM
Three Wheelin'

double posted somehow.

Last edited by BIGWORM; 08-12-2019 at 05:14 PM. Reason: double posted somehow.
Old 08-12-2019 | 06:36 PM
Aatish
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BIGWORM
Im praying BootMod3 makes it way to Porsche. Those guys came out of nowhere in the BMW world, took over OBD2 flashing and now dominate it as far as I'm concerned. Their tunes ran so smooth and allowed us to change the duration and aggression of our exhaust "pops" which was kind of fun to be able to change each driver mode to a different pop sound. You could remove the pops all together if you wanted too as well. All from the iphone too. You could even set the boost per gear from your iphone app among many other things.

I pray they make it over here sooner than later.
PTF was originally a Porsche tuning company. Bootmod3 became a thing after they realized how big the market is for BMW.

Dzenan actually has badass 997.2 that he built and tuned himself.

I'm praying with you on this. That said, unless the market becomes worth their time, it probably wont happen anytime soon.
The through OBD for BMW was through an internal leak from a BMW employee.
Old 08-14-2019 | 08:04 PM
BMS
Former Vendor

We've sold a ton of these. Where are you guys!? Post up some logs or Dragy results

If you don't have a Dragy, you can get one here:

https://burgertuning.com/products/dr...08de8927&_ss=r

-Payam
Old 08-18-2019 | 11:55 PM
Funnyjoe
Track Day

Did some more logs last night. All done on 91 shell v-power form CA
If anyone can take a look and see if everything looks good?

I am planning to do dyno and get dragy to see how real numbers looks, but my butt dyno tells me it is more powerful than stock.
I feel bigger lag on low rpm but after turbos spools it is QUICK. Map 2 felt much stronger but didnt want to drive on it too much with our low octane fuel.
Attached Files
File Type: csv
Old 08-19-2019 | 03:26 AM
usccharles
Pro

i got mine via FedEx last week! i have a service appointment today at the center so I'm having to wait to finish that to try the install work. looking forward~!
Old 08-19-2019 | 11:17 AM
rosenbergendo
Drifting

Originally Posted by Funnyjoe
Did some more logs last night. All done on 91 shell v-power form CA
If anyone can take a look and see if everything looks good?

I am planning to do dyno and get dragy to see how real numbers looks, but my butt dyno tells me it is more powerful than stock.
I feel bigger lag on low rpm but after turbos spools it is QUICK. Map 2 felt much stronger but didnt want to drive on it too much with our low octane fuel.
Exact same in my experiences with 5 different JB4 applications. More lag, turbo hits hard( or much harder in the case of F80 M3). Made car fun, but feels way different than an ECU tune on same car.

Quick Reply: Burger Motorsports JB4 Tuning Systems Available Now!