Sponsored by: Road Spy

BMS JB4 991.1 Turbo S at Shift Sector 4/28/2019

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2019, 08:38 PM
BMS
Former Vendor

Received 259 Likes on 198 Posts
Default BMS JB4 991.1 Turbo S at Shift Sector 4/28/2019

Had a chance to race at Shift Sector a couple of weeks ago. Finally got the chance to edit the videos and compile some data

I was running the BMS 991.1 Turbo S did a best trap of ~166mph Dragy and timing equipment verified.
The car did a stock run of 152 mph at NFZ on 91 octane only. 14mph delta with JB4 and Mods:

BMS JB4, E50 Blend. No FLASH, No METHANOL.
BMS Intakes
BMS Y Pipe
IPD Plenum
Fuel-it/BMS Chargepipe Port Injection
Straight pipe from turbo back (Race Exhaust)

Car was very consistent back to back, no issues what so ever. I love this beast

Log shows a peak boost of 20 psi tapering down to 17 psi.

Enjoy the video and data below!

Old 05-10-2019, 01:01 AM
991ttpines
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

nice work!! was this on stock fuel lines and intercoolers?
Any more details on the mods used, pricing etc
Old 05-10-2019, 01:25 AM
neil.schneider
Drifting

Received 374 Likes on 238 Posts

Looks good.

Shouldn’t a stock TTS beat an M5?
Old 05-10-2019, 09:14 AM
onfireTTS
Drifting

Received 1,091 Likes on 842 Posts

Originally Posted by neil.schneider
Looks good.

Stock vs stock , a TTS is MUCH faster than an M5. I own both and have Dragy tested both. Stock TTS is also faster than a stage 1 tuned M5. Stage 2 plus race gas will give an M5 a slight advantage.
Old 05-10-2019, 12:33 PM
BMS
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by 991ttpines
nice work!! was this on stock fuel lines and intercoolers?
Any more details on the mods used, pricing etc
Yes sir! Stock fuel lines and intercoolers

What specific details would you like on the mods? I can upload pictures if you'd like to see.

Pricing will be released once we become a vendor next month. Pricing will be much lower than the competitors, as always

All made in USA

Originally Posted by neil.schneider
Looks good.

Yes, my apologies. That M5 is not stock. It is running our BMS Intake system and our JB4 system on Ms109 at 26 psi Map 5. It's at about 700whp in those races, trapping 163 mph. No slouch!
Old 05-10-2019, 02:47 PM
onfireTTS
Drifting

Originally Posted by Payam_BMS

What specific details would you like on the mods? I can upload pictures if you'd like to see.

Pricing will be released once we become a vendor next month. Pricing will be much lower than the competitors, as always

All made in USA

Yes, my apologies. That M5 is not stock. It is running our BMS Intake system and our JB4 system on Ms109 at 26 psi Map 5. It's at about 700whp in those races, trapping 163 mph. No slouch!
Have to add that I have used BMS in the past on other platforms. Nice product.
Old 05-10-2019, 03:07 PM
BMS
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by onfireTTS
Have to add that I have used BMS in the past on other platforms. Nice product.
Thanks man, I appreciate the kind words!
Old 05-12-2019, 10:10 AM
onfireTTS
Drifting

All made in USA

Can you post the same data log with just rpm, timing and AIT ? Thanks. JB4 is adding big power to get 136-137 mph in the 1/4 and 166mph in the 1/2. Well done.
Old 05-13-2019, 02:53 PM
BMS
Former Vendor

Can you post the same data log with just rpm, timing and AIT ? Thanks. JB4 is adding big power to get 136-137 mph in the 1/4 and 166mph in the 1/2. Well done.
Of course! Full transparency with the JB4 system I attached the CSV file too if you wanted to dig deeper on your own time.

Attached Files
File Type: csv
2019-04-28 09_22_50_Map-6.csv (24.4 KB, 28 views)
Old 05-13-2019, 03:04 PM
onfireTTS
Drifting

Of course! Full transparency with the JB4 system I attached the CSV file too if you wanted to dig deeper on your own time.

Thanks. Very Impressive on reasonable boost. I'm surprised the factory boost in the csv file was that low before your target. So the Fuel It is dropping the AIT ?
Old 05-13-2019, 04:12 PM
BMS
Former Vendor

Factory boost curve will be under IGN Average tab, so you can see it better.

Yes, once the PI starts you can see the IAT drop as it is giving more fuel and cooling the air. Just like what methanol injection would do
Old 05-25-2019, 09:35 PM
BMS
Former Vendor

Stock vs stock , a TTS is MUCH faster than an M5. I own both and have Dragy tested both. Stock TTS is also faster than a stage 1 tuned M5. Stage 2 plus race gas will give an M5 a slight advantage.
Our F90 M5 runs 10.29@136mph JB4 only on race gas. They are actually very similar in terms of performance tune only and mildly modified. The TTS obviously has a huge advantage in the number of mods out though and what you can do with it given enough money.
Old 05-25-2019, 10:16 PM
onfireTTS
Drifting

Originally Posted by BMS
Our F90 M5 runs 10.29@136mph JB4 only on race gas. They are actually very similar in terms of performance tune only and mildly modified. The TTS obviously has a huge advantage in the number of mods out though and what you can do with it given enough money.
Totally agree with the 991.1 TTS comparison. The 991.2 TTS is a different animal. My 991.2 TTS went 10.4 at 131mph pure stock on pump gas. My F90 ran 11.2 at 124 pure stock on pump gas. Same track. Plus 3000ft DA. Start adding a mild tune, RaceGas etc., all bets are off.....
Old 05-26-2019, 06:35 AM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 167 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by BMS
Factory boost curve will be under IGN Average tab, so you can see it better.

Yes, once the PI starts you can see the IAT drop as it is giving more fuel and cooling the air. Just like what methanol injection would do
First of all it's great to have you here as a sponsor, we all welcome and support professionals bringing new ideas!

I am trying to understand the JB4 and your tuning philosophy if you can help me shed some light.

The key drivers of increased performance here are the hardware changes and using ethanol to keep the IATs cooler, which as a result, will reduce ignition timing retardation and keep boost levels higher and optimized by the factory ECU.. Given that you are not doing any tuning, you are leaving boost control to be managed by the factory programming rather than using a Cobb which will have set and fixed boost control.

But the factory fueling is more than enough for the 1.4-1.5 bar of boost, the only reason you would add more fuel is because ethanol has a higher BSFC vs. gasoline, and therefore requires more fuel to burn the same unit of air, otherwise it would not be needed, and is that what the "fuel-it" does exactly?

Am I right in assuming that this is the sort of same as adding a Y pipe, IPD, methanol spray and keeping the factory programming?
Old 05-26-2019, 06:19 PM
onfireTTS
Drifting

Originally Posted by Jean
First of all it's great to have you here as a sponsor, we all welcome and support professionals bringing new ideas!

I am trying to understand the JB4 and your tuning philosophy if you can help me shed some light.

The key drivers of increased performance here are the hardware changes and using ethanol to keep the IATs cooler, which as a result, will reduce ignition timing retardation and keep boost levels higher and optimized by the factory ECU.. Given that you are not doing any tuning, you are leaving boost control to be managed by the factory programming rather than using a Cobb which will have set and fixed boost control.

But the factory fueling is more than enough for the 1.4-1.5 bar of boost, the only reason you would add more fuel is because ethanol has a higher BSFC vs. gasoline, and therefore requires more fuel to burn the same unit of air, otherwise it would not be needed, and is that what the "fuel-it" does exactly?

Am I right in assuming that this is the sort of same as adding a Y pipe, IPD, methanol spray and keeping the factory programming?
I’m sure BMS will post more detailed information, but here is my take...

“Fuel It” is an added injector to add octane over pump fuel and possibly more fuel also as he is using a 991.1 which does not have as much fuel volume capacity as a 991.2 for increased boost levels. Probably used for both reasons. Added octane plus lower AIT tag teams for no timing retard by the DME, plus adds detonation safety at higher boost levels and higher loads.

JB4 does Control the boost level by altering the signals through the Map Sensors by RPM via Can. Probably can be used without Fuel It, etc just to increase the boost on a 991.2 around 3psi on pump gas for a nice power bump and easy installation.

Quick Reply: BMS JB4 991.1 Turbo S at Shift Sector 4/28/2019