Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Someone hit my car in my parking garage.

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2019, 12:48 PM
Dom991.1
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

Just a thought but throwing this out there to keep this from haunting you for years to come - doesn't a police-reported accident automatically get registered on carfax? You have EVERY right to be upset and seek legal justice but is it worth a permanent blemish on the car's record that could impact you financially (in addition to whatever you have to pay NOW to have it fixed)? Just something to consider - good luck and sorry this happened to you.

Last edited by Dom991.1; 07-17-2019 at 12:49 PM. Reason: misspellings and grammar
Old 07-17-2019, 12:57 PM
Wujohn
Rennlist Member

Received 419 Likes on 267 Posts

Total bummer! My guess is someone didn’t want their insurance to go up and freaked at hitting an expensive car. No excuse for being a dirt bag...
Old 07-17-2019, 01:08 PM
2010panny4S
Rennlist Member

Received 88 Likes on 76 Posts

Times and examples like this is why I do intend to get a front and rear dash cam.

https://www.blackvue.com/blackvue-dashcam-parking-mode/
Old 07-17-2019, 01:12 PM
PorscheMeister42
Instructor

Received 74 Likes on 36 Posts

My money is on either a basic white BMW 3 series or Toyota Prius.
Old 07-17-2019, 01:20 PM
Capt_and
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 13 Posts

I bought my dad a new BMW 3 series, its been his baby and he always parks far away. He went to Home Depot and parked in a spot at least 10 spots away from the nearest car. He came out to find that a truck hit the entire since of his car and didn't leave a note. The entire driver's side was damaged. New doors and everything...
Old 07-17-2019, 01:50 PM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Received 1,178 Likes on 434 Posts

Originally Posted by LexVan
Some humans really suck. I hope they catch the perp.
+1.
The following users liked this post:
phefner (07-18-2019)
Old 07-17-2019, 02:01 PM
rockrdude
Burning Brakes

Received 373 Likes on 210 Posts

Sorry bro this sucks :-(

Everyone makes mistakes, it's just too bad when people don't own up to them. it's also possible the person sucks so much at driving they didn't even realize they hit you, like an old lady. hope it buffs out tho. I didn't PPF my rear bumper, but now that I see that I might do it, you never know when an idiot will back into your car. I remember back in the 90's some douchbag backed into my Honda prelude and scarped the whole front, when I was ranting the girl I was dating at the time told me: you mean you don't park by sound like everyone else? needless to say that relationship did not last.
Old 07-17-2019, 02:09 PM
rileyracing1
Three Wheelin'

Received 386 Likes on 275 Posts

Happened to one of my other cars last long weekend in front of my neighbors house - Front windshield smashed - Luckily my home security cameras caught the incident and it turned out to be a dad walking his dog with his teen kid and the kid was walking in the middle of the road throwing rocks indiscriminately and as he passed my car he let one go and it hit my windshield.

I identified the neighbor ( lives 2 blocks away) thru the footage and his dog and confronted him and he STILL denied it !! I showed him the footage on my cell phone and he said - "Boy that sure looks like my dog" but it was not me and my kid ...we weren't here --- I called him out on his bull**** and I told him i did not want money for the damage and to just tell his kid to not throw rocks. He then acknowledged and I said it was really ****ty that you did not leave a note and I left.

My rule with my nice cars is to not leave them in public whenever possible as there are ******** everywhere ... Fortunately this was my 2002 daily / driver and i have a zero deductible for glass. I spend more driving time in my crappy cars for this very reason .... People do not care ....
The following 2 users liked this post by rileyracing1:
sr5959 (07-17-2019), Tbs206 (07-17-2019)
Old 07-17-2019, 02:37 PM
whiteducktail
Racer

Received 72 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by rileyracing1
Happened to one of my other cars last long weekend in front of my neighbors house - Front windshield smashed - Luckily my home security cameras caught the incident and it turned out to be a dad walking his dog with his teen kid and the kid was walking in the middle of the road throwing rocks indiscriminately and as he passed my car he let one go and it hit my windshield.

I identified the neighbor ( lives 2 blocks away) thru the footage and his dog and confronted him and he STILL denied it !! I showed him the footage on my cell phone and he said - "Boy that sure looks like my dog" but it was not me and my kid ...we weren't here --- I called him out on his bull**** and I told him i did not want money for the damage and to just tell his kid to not throw rocks. He then acknowledged and I said it was really ****ty that you did not leave a note and I left.

My rule with my nice cars is to not leave them in public whenever possible as there are ******** everywhere ... Fortunately this was my 2002 daily / driver and i have a zero deductible for glass. I spend more driving time in my crappy cars for this very reason .... People do not care ....
Geez, what a worthless POS neighbor.
sr5959 (07-17-2019)
Old 07-17-2019, 05:05 PM
SeeForce
Racer

Received 74 Likes on 42 Posts

i wonder if my wife would accept this as a reason to get a GTS?
The following 3 users liked this post by SeeForce:
0luke1 (07-18-2019), Guards_Red_991 (07-18-2019), Rich_Jenkins (07-17-2019)
Old 07-17-2019, 05:09 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,388 Likes on 2,509 Posts

Originally Posted by SeeForce
i wonder if my wife would accept this as a reason to get a GTS?
Tell your wife you need a GT3 because the wing is safety equipment.
phefner (07-18-2019)
Old 07-17-2019, 05:14 PM
chris2
Instructor

Received 109 Likes on 38 Posts

If this is in your work/apartment building, check out any white cars each day until you find the guy. Somebody did this to a friend of mine at work, and he found the perp the next day parked a few spaces down with the paint still on the bumper.
Old 07-17-2019, 05:30 PM
Tonto
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Same thing happened to me last year. Last March, I finally realized my dream car, 2015 991 CPO with 7k miles. While parking in garage at work, someone hit and tore a 2 inch gash in my bumper the day before dropping it off for paint correction and ceramic coating. Got my bumper replaced and happened again. I've decided that I'm not going to keep my car at home and not enjoy it because of worrying someone hitting it. I'm considering dash cam though. Helps to vent in this forum!
Old 07-17-2019, 05:47 PM
saeyedoc
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Happened to me a few weeks ago, I noticed the lower LED strip on the driver's side was pushed in. It probably happened in my apartment garage too, the body shop guy thought someone backed into it. Just a few very tiny scratches on the paint that I won't even bother to fix, my car is approaching 50k anyway. The light still works, it just needs a new bracket, but of course the whole bumper needs to be removed to fix it. Less than $500, so no insurance claim. I agree, if the idiot just left a note, I wouldn't be nearly as upset.
Old 07-17-2019, 05:59 PM
Rich_Jenkins
Rennlist Member

Received 713 Likes on 479 Posts

Dammit that sucks. I am so sorry. Hope it gets rectified to better than new.

Ref Dash cam - I've tried a few over the years; currently running a Roav (Anker) C1 Pro in both cars. Very happy with it. The ability to pipe video using the camera's built-in WiFi HotSpot onto your phone is a real plus in my view. If you have an "event", you can enable the hot spot on the camera, connect up your phone, and use the Roav app to see the video immediately. It also turns on automatically in the event of an impact. It is super sensitive so I have no doubt the slightest touch would result in a video capture. Hell if you even open the drawer it sat in, it would turn on.

Amazon Amazon

Quick Reply: Someone hit my car in my parking garage.