Sponsored by:

Techart/H&R vs GT3 height

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2019, 12:49 PM
polobai
Drifting

Received 1,115 Likes on 665 Posts

Originally Posted by eroc0808
It's not difficult and you only need to remove the wheel. I used my floor jack handle as a prybar (must be at least 3' long and not wooden) to lift the spring. I was able to slide handle through a coil of the spring and used a block of wood resting on the rotor to pry down against. This relieved the tension of the spring off of perch so I could move the ring down and lower the perch. I was able to do it my self but I highly recommend someone else help to hold the prybar while you lower the perch...much easier to do with two hands. Make sure the prybar is solidly planted because if it slips out and that spring comes whipping down it will be ugly. You only need to lift spring an 1/8" to get the job done. Here's a drawing of what I mean. Do at your own risk.
Bumping this one back up. Thanks to @eroc0808 for the advice on moving the rear spring perch. I attempted with all my might-but couldnt get the springs up high enough to move the perch on the drivers side. On the passenger side I was able to move the spring up enough and actually move the C Clip-however when I put the spring back down, the c clip did not sit in the perch properly. Thanks to my prybar-I scratched the rear shocks pretty good attempting to pry the springs up. To avoid further damage, as the car was already on stands, I decided to remove the drivers side rear shock assembly and compress the springs off the car to move the perch-problem solved! Now I just have to reinstall and do the passenger side.
Old 12-26-2019, 12:51 PM
polobai
Drifting

Received 1,115 Likes on 665 Posts

Forgot to add a pic-looks like by moving it to the lowest perch setting I should lower the rear 1/2 inch or so.

Old 08-27-2020, 07:35 AM
LWG
Burning Brakes

Received 635 Likes on 234 Posts

Great info here. Thanks guys!

I have PASM Sport on my 991.2 GTS equipped with PDCC and FAL.

I want to go a bit lower. I think my main option is springs if I want to keep stock FAL.

Thinking about TechArt. Little concerned the H&R will be too low and harsh.

I also have DSC Sport installed, currently running GTR Tour calibration.

Last edited by LWG; 08-27-2020 at 07:37 AM.
Old 08-27-2020, 10:54 AM
97supratt
Rennlist Member

Received 279 Likes on 182 Posts

Doesn’t the GT3 have front axle lift? If you swap the suspension, do you have to remove the pump and lines also for functionality?
Old 05-27-2021, 09:50 PM
M3Inline6
Drifting

Received 1,320 Likes on 732 Posts

Originally Posted by polobai
Forgot to add a pic-looks like by moving it to the lowest perch setting I should lower the rear 1/2 inch or so.

With this in mind, the car could effectively be lowered a bit on the OEM springs if the car is equipped with PASM/SPASM, right? Are these adjustable perches on the 992 PASM shocks as well? If so, this might explain why I haven't seen any consistency in ride height among the 992's I've seen on dealer lots. Some without SPASM were lower/more even than cars with SPASM and I couldn't figure out why.
The following users liked this post:
tazmwl (04-26-2022)
Old 05-27-2021, 10:52 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

Received 1,278 Likes on 597 Posts

Originally Posted by LWG
Great info here. Thanks guys!

I have PASM Sport on my 991.2 GTS equipped with PDCC and FAL.

I want to go a bit lower. I think my main option is springs if I want to keep stock FAL.

Thinking about TechArt. Little concerned the H&R will be too low and harsh.

I also have DSC Sport installed, currently running GTR Tour calibration.
Having done TechArt, I may be moving to KW H.A.S. I think it can work with FAL, which I also have…

But you want straight-rate springs.
Old 05-27-2021, 10:55 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

Received 1,278 Likes on 597 Posts

Originally Posted by AdamSanta85
Bilstein B16 Damptronic w/ front PDCC adapters. I am very happy with how they drive, not too stiff at all.

Car is simply gorgeous!
Old 04-25-2022, 08:56 PM
turbokid_paul
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by eysa
Just had my GTS lowered with KW HAS last week, drove it about 100 miles and then went back to lower the front a bit more. The car drove surprisingly well at first but today after lowering it just a 1/4" more up front is riding quite bouncy. I'm contemplating trying a DSC module or lifting it a 1/4" front and rear.
Did you manage to install the KW Has kit with Centre Lock OEM wheels without issue? The kits say "no centre lock wheels" but I've heard of some people install HAS without problems and using the Centre Locks. Thank you.
Old 04-26-2022, 10:04 PM
tazmwl
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I’ll bite, how did you compress the springs while on the car? Front & rear?

Quick Reply: Techart/H&R vs GT3 height