Old 06-16-2019, 08:23 PM
Cyberbug
Rennlist Member

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

Old 06-16-2019, 08:23 PM
Psorcery
Banned

Received 171 Likes on 127 Posts

I'm proud of you Cyberbug. Good work there!
Old 06-16-2019, 08:24 PM
Cyberbug
Rennlist Member

Old 06-16-2019, 08:26 PM
Cyberbug
Rennlist Member

Old 06-16-2019, 10:06 PM
Wujohn
Rennlist Member

Received 425 Likes on 269 Posts

Nice job Cyberbug; I'm sure you're going to love it. I'll have to get a pivot attachment for my 1/4" ratchet it seems.
Old 06-16-2019, 11:14 PM
Grantsfo
Racer

Received 248 Likes on 88 Posts

Great work!
Old 06-17-2019, 01:08 AM
basic666
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

nice! any tool in particular to get the o2 sensors off and on again?
Old 06-17-2019, 01:23 AM
Cyberbug
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by basic666
nice! any tool in particular to get the o2 sensors off and on again?
The O2 tool I mentioned earlier worked best, I posted earlier about it. Putting them back on was easy with the stubby 22mm wrench
they are pretty tight from factory so require some leverage and force. Putting them on easy with anti seize on.

Got the O2 tool from amazon
Old 06-17-2019, 01:28 AM
Cyberbug
Rennlist Member

Another tip, putting back vacuum hose to the exhaust valve can be tough, it has to go all the way down so the clip holds it in place or they could pop out.
i used a small mirror to check thing through out the install, I have an endoscope but was too lazy to use that.
the trick I have always used with hoses is to put a small amount of PB blaster on a cloth and wipe the portion the hose is suppose to go on, it provides good lubrication and makes it super easy to slip on and it dries off quickly afterwards.. been doing that ever since I have been wrenching
Old 06-17-2019, 02:01 AM
spdracerut
Three Wheelin'

Received 586 Likes on 395 Posts

Originally Posted by Cyberbug
the trick I have always used with hoses is to put a small amount of PB blaster on a cloth and wipe the portion the hose is suppose to go on, it provides good lubrication and makes it super easy to slip on and it dries off quickly afterwards.. been doing that ever since I have been wrenching
Good tip. I've used silicone spray on the little rubber and silicone hoses. Typically have hose clamps on the joint afterwards. In my mountain biking days way way back, used hair spray for installing new handle bar grips. The hair spray was slick to allow the grip to slide over the handle bar and then get sticky to hold the grip in place. Had to be quick though!
Old 06-17-2019, 09:48 PM
Cyberbug
Rennlist Member

I couldn't wait any longer, as soon as I got home from work I setup my my point and shoot camera with the dB meter and set the phone up spectrum analysis and recording.

The car started and hoovered around 1500 rpm and quick settled down below a 1000 rpm. definitely louder in Normal mode.
I tested with Normal plus valve open and it was louder still, also noticed it was reving quicker, almost like a light weight flywheel effect, when going up, minus the quick rev down like the light flywheel.
In Sport more with valve open is where it shines, it grawls and pops are really loud. I like to drive with valve open any way in any mode.

Sports plus valve closed is where it doesn't like it, its being restricted too much, there is sharp pulsating sound, had to explain. not bad just noticeable. Not an issue who drives in sports with valve closed, even though you can the map is not designed for it.
In sports plus mode it is not very loud but you can really hear the whistling from the turbos.

I still have to drive the car so will report on inside noise and impressions.

Had some technical difficulties with the video, the dB meter had turned off so scraped that video. The spectrum analysis also had issues a window poped up saying volume too loud and blocked the screen.

So I did a second run for the video which recorded the dBs, its really loud now, pops and bangs are like gun shots. and I think I hit 135dB same distance as before for comparison, Had issue with spectrum recording again, so will do it another time.
In Normal mode its loud but with valve open in normal its much throatier.
The sport with valve closed you will hear around 1:48sec mark and you will see what I mean but it doesn't like that.
At 2:22 its sports plus with valve open, you can hear the whistle even after you are off the gas.

The different modes are much more clearly distinct now.

Overall car is amazing in Normal and Sport mode with valves open. I think the closed valves are just restricting it. Driving impression and tests pending.

Old 06-18-2019, 02:49 AM
marinb
Rennlist Member

Received 75 Likes on 38 Posts

Nice work!

Also, what does the inlet to the stock headers look like? Is it really just feeding into one large open volume?
Old 06-18-2019, 09:36 AM
Cyberbug
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by marinb
Nice work!

Also, what does the inlet to the stock headers look like? Is it really just feeding into one large open volume?
Yes its just a large chamber with 3 inlets and 1 out
Old 06-18-2019, 11:09 AM
Cyberbug
Rennlist Member

Default I am a believer now

I am a believer now

I did another video and spectrum analysis today. its been raining on and off so no drive.

I kept it simple this time, Normal mode let it settle, then rev, valve open, rev and then sport , rev and then sports plus, rev... then slowly back out in same sequence.
I also kept the door closed as I really wanted to hear it from the cabin as normal, windows up. I had a gin on my face through out, just loved it... everything is loud, you can hear everything working but more meaty, manly, grizzly like, angrier as someone else put it.lot of growl. Nothing unpleasant.

one suprise

in sports plus, at idle I was seeing 1Psi turbo boost pressure and up to 2Psi around 3K. It was 1Psi most of the time at idle. in sports plus lot of air is flowing through.

The pops were more random and louder and with more base.

overall - happy camper. videos coming

Last edited by Cyberbug; 06-18-2019 at 12:17 PM.

Quick Reply: Vektor Headers and Sharkwerks Install