Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   991 (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-221/)
-   -   Vektor Headers and Sharkwerks Install (https://rennlist.com/forums/991/1143490-vektor-headers-and-sharkwerks-install.html)

Cyberbug 05-17-2019 01:44 PM

Vektor Headers and CATs, No Sharkwerks Install

Well not yet - but soon.

I will post details about the install and reviews here. This is just an information thread not meant to be a pissing contest on what is good or bad, smart or stupid, better or worst.

I wanted/may still want to do Sports Cats also, I had all 3 on my list to do. But after speaking to a few folks, I decided on going with 2 out of 3 for now.
Soul Performance are really great guys and close to me, so I can work with them any time as needed. They are making me 4" tips as well.

Chose headers first, for many reasons and they should spool the turbos faster.
The exhaust I like sharkwerks quality and workmanship, great guys. Lighter than OEM. In-fact all 3 of these vendors are superb in their communication, support and product quality.

I may play around with a combination of these 3 if I get the Sport Cats.

I don't plan on doing dyno runs and don't car about just numbers, though I plan on Cobb Stage 2 or Pro tune later on. I will have Soul Performance do that for me when ready.

I didn't want the car super loud like all straight through pipes, but louder than what it is now, I got the T for less insulation as well. but I find it too muted inside with windows up and music on (not loud music).

I have a garage full of tools and some here know about my project car on Miata.net. That car got too loud. Hopefully I won't go too carzy with mods on this one.

Initially I was thinking of dropping everything and installing headers and exhaust all in one go, but now I am thinking of doing only one thing first and then the second a week later.

So what do you want to see first headers or exhaust, I will do a video of sound with 1 product installed and then both for comparison.

Soul Performance 05-17-2019 05:13 PM

Thank you for considering us! We're looking forward to the mod path and all results.

-Mike

spdracerut 05-17-2019 05:20 PM

I voted Sharkwerks exhaust first in order to measure what changes that alone creates in exhaust tone and volume. Also, there's not really any repeated work aside from jacking the car up and down. You can try using the Spectroid app like I did for before and after sound measurement. You can send me a message if you want more details.

https://rennlist.com/forums/991/1138...se-change.html

Rennolazine 05-17-2019 06:17 PM

Do everything and tune it at the same time.

Grantsfo 05-17-2019 06:26 PM

Sharkwerks exhaust is so so nice. Its high quality from low volume fabricator in US. Beautiful welds and fits perfectly! Ive been around a lot of aftermarket exhaust systems and this is one of the best I have seen. Its a little expensive but you wont regret getting this system and they are great guys. I love sound enhancement and weight reduction. My butt dyno says it makes more power too. Headers next for me. If you have the money Id do both with a tune.

Cyberbug 05-18-2019 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by Grantsfo (Post 15848144)
Sharkwerks exhaust is so so nice. Its high quality from low volume fabricator in US. Beautiful welds and fits perfectly! Ive been around a lot of aftermarket exhaust systems and this is one of the best I have seen. Its a little expensive but you wont regret getting this system and they are great guys. I love sound enhancement and weight reduction. My butt dyno says it makes more power too. Headers next for me. If you have the money Id do both with a tune.

Both have already been ordered...i want to wait a little for the tune until i get close to end of factory warranty and get extended warranty.

basic666 05-18-2019 03:13 AM

do the exhaust first! and film a before and after for the sound...

i got vektor headers, been debating forever about exhaust vs sport cats. very close to pulling the trigger on the sharkwerks but figured so many people ordered it might as well wait to hear results first

Bxstr 05-18-2019 02:55 PM

I voted for Sharkwerks first. A writeup would be very helpful, or even a video. Very few videos on how to do this. But a before after video fo sound would be great.

Wujohn 05-18-2019 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by Bxstr (Post 15849775)
I voted for Sharkwerks first. A writeup would be very helpful, or even a video. Very few videos on how to do this. But a before after video fo sound would be great.

I also voted for Sharkwerks first but since I will be installing that (no headers yet) maybe better for Cyberbug to install the headers first. I plan on doing a write up on my install and I assume others will as well.

Cyberbug 05-20-2019 11:35 AM

Cold start - closed valve

Cyberbug 05-20-2019 11:36 AM

Cold start - open valve

Cyberbug 05-20-2019 11:37 AM

Some baseline videos for cold start - closed and open valve.

Just crossed 1000miles this weekend, after doing over 250miles this weekend alone.
The car does sound good stock from outside, lets hope I am doing the right thing :)

Cyberbug 05-21-2019 01:21 PM

Revs - Warm Normal Mode Valve Closed

Cyberbug 05-21-2019 01:22 PM

Revs - Warm Normal Mode Valve Open

Cyberbug 05-21-2019 01:23 PM

Revs - Warm Sport Mode Valve Open (default)