Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ordering a Targa GTS - Need Help!

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2019, 11:21 AM
kwrudy123
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That looks great, especially it has the leather too. I bet it is classy and classic.
Old 02-02-2019, 12:26 PM
dhirm5
Rennlist Member

Received 1,451 Likes on 798 Posts

The US configurator has a 'deviated stitching' package now which wasn't available when I ordered mine. It also has the option to do a different color leather seat center. If I was ordering today, that's what I'd choose -- leather interior with the ventilated seats, with deviated stitching in red, and seat centers in agate. With the third pedal. I have spent SO much time playing with 'build your own' on the Porsche and BMW web sites.
Old 02-02-2019, 01:11 PM
digits
Rennlist Member

Received 348 Likes on 186 Posts

What a great build!

I look at it this way - I don't skip the options if I think I will regret it later. I can't go back and add them once I have "settled" for less.

LEDs are a bit brighter - I would regret not having these.
Prem package - I'd regret not having the little things like auto-dimming mirrors, this is a cost-effective option
GT Sport AND multifunction steering - check BOTH boxes - GT sport is smaller and I use the buttons - I would regret not having these.
Burmester - it sounds better than Bose (I've owned both) - but I rarely listen carefully when I'm driving and I would not regret skipping.
FAL - the very first time I scrape I'd regret leaving this out.
RAS - Definitely one I'd regret leaving out the first time I'm in a tight parking spot - and at high speed the car just teleports between lanes.
PDCC - Tough one... I have this but it's hard to say if I would miss it regret leaving it out...
Sport-tex - unless I wanted seat ventilation I would not regret skipping leather, if you like em, get em.
18-ways - I'd regret anything other than these - I've been in all the Porsche seats including LWB - but sit in them yourself since this is very personal
PCCBs - I'd regret not having these each time I clean up brake dust or hear my brakes squealing.
Deviated stitching and colored gauges and CF door sills and other bling - Yes, I'd notice all of these if I got them, but if I skipped all of them I'd never think about it and I'd have no regrets.

Last edited by digits; 02-02-2019 at 02:05 PM.
Old 02-02-2019, 03:16 PM
pfbz
Rennlist Member

Received 2,721 Likes on 1,463 Posts

IMHO, for a more driver-experience oriented car:

Manual: Yes
RAS: Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes!
PDCC: No
PCCB: Yes (but it's a bit of a splurge)

For cosmetics or options weighed against value:

LED PDLS: No,Put the money towards PCCB's
Axle Lift: No, Put the money towards PCCB's
Leather Steering surround: Yes (don't think it's part of extended leather dashboard?)
Exterior color painted interior trim and/or Carbon fiber interior trim: Yes
Alternate color gauge faces: Yes
Smoking kit: Yes, (quite simply, free option replaces useless open cubbys with hinged doors)
18-way: Yes, but the simple Sport plus 4-ways are awesome as well, and again a place to trim to justify the awesome PCCB's... I don't like either of the non Sport-plus seats.
Sport-tex: No. Leather or Alcantara for me. But I'd take the sport-tex over vinyl lol...
Old 02-02-2019, 08:21 PM
Jarod964
Banned

Received 155 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by Icebreaker
Here is the Targa S in showroom in Halifax in Guards Red. Not Carmine; but it is still pretty amazing in person. The interior is leather except for the places you would normally see the Alcantara on the GTS. There is deviated stitching on the seats, console, doors, rear seats and dash (same as full deviating stitching option including console and doors). The inserts are a material that gives you both grip and ease of maintenance. It certainly doesn't make the inside feel cheap at all. I have full leather with deviated stitching, however this interior... it is just smart!! I am really, really impressed. Brad is the expert there and described it as a well kept Porsche secret.

Thank you! I really appreciate that. He is now leaning in that direction for sure.
Old 02-02-2019, 08:29 PM
Jarod964
Banned

Received 155 Likes on 80 Posts

Again thank you to everyone for the insight. After a few hours at the Porsche dealership today test driving and playing on the configurator, here's where the build sits right now:

2019 Targa 4 GTS
Carmine Red
18-way adaptive sport seats plus w. memory package
Full leather in black/dark silver with sport tex seats
Prem plus package (light design, entry & drive, dimming mirrors, heated seats)
"911" designation
PDK
20" Turbo S wheels
Lane change assist
Steering wheel in leather
Heated multifunction GT sport wheel
Deletion of alcantara
Smoking pack
Luggage net
Porsche crest on headrests
Brushed alum. trim anthracite
Voice control
Bose sound

The only option left that I'm trying to sway him towards is rear axle steering (based on the recommendations of everyone on here). This is more of a touring car for him hence the PDK and disinterest in the ceramic brakes and PDCC. There are other manual transmissions in the garage so moving to PDK is really not a huge deal, all things considered (and to be honest I think most people who are against PDK simply haven't fully experienced it....I personally would be equally happy with either transmission).

Quick Reply: Ordering a Targa GTS - Need Help!