Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Not even 48 hours into ownership and this......

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2019, 12:07 PM
ClassJ
Rennlist Member

Received 283 Likes on 168 Posts

Pickup truck drivers around here are downright poison. Especially guys with lift kits have an axe to grind with pretty much everyone it seems.

I had had one park a few inches from my cayman drivers door in a huge mostly empty lot outside a strip mall. I calmly waited for the owner to show up. His **** faced grin response...”sorry I did not see you there”.

Old 01-01-2019, 01:55 PM
quattroboy
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 25 Posts

Reminds me of this prank video

Old 01-08-2019, 09:12 AM
LISsailor
Pro

Received 191 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by quattroboy
This video is not even very funny.

Conversely, sometimes I think that when I park far away and biased to a side, that when someone else parks near me, that they could also be a car enthusiast and are showing appreciation. Sortof like, our two cars are away and clear. That pickup truck driver in the video above did no wrong and the prank is lame at best. If anything the glance to the porsche is showing appreciation. A yellow 996 driver may be the one with the *****-problem.......
Old 01-08-2019, 10:13 AM
michaelo
Racer

Received 65 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by GTSdds
I hate Whole Foods
Why do you hate Whole Foods? Did you have a bad experience when you were buying bananas there?
Old 01-08-2019, 10:20 AM
LISsailor
Pro

Received 191 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by michaelo
Why do you hate Whole Foods? Did you have a bad experience when you were buying bananas there?
For whatever reason, my wife's SUV has been tagged THREE times as Whole Foods with no note left on any occasion. This is across 2 Whole Foods locations. I think its a combination of wealthy clientele who drive large expensive SUV's. Wealthy women tend to be petite so perhaps they cannot see?
Old 01-08-2019, 11:09 AM
PCA1983
Rennlist Member

Received 445 Likes on 305 Posts

Sorry to hear about your damages. It does not make one want to love those people who do that and drive off - understatement!
We are retired and I do the shopping. Wifey hates shopping but lets me have my Porsches and events, even tho she could care less about car stuff. So i don't mind doing the shopping, and really do enjoy shopping when on sunny day blasts in my 911.
I walked thru a Whole Foods store not long ago and bought nothing. I shop for best products at the best price. Everything I looked at was 20 to 100% more than what I pay. Sorry, but I did not see anything at Whole Foods worth buying, at their prices.
I don't hate Whole foods, but they certainly are not on my list of stores.
One store I like, Trader Joe's here, has a ridiculously small parking lot and I'm very leery of getting dings there. But I have the luxury of shopping there during off-peak weekday hours and I park in the furthest spots, to avoid door dings.
Old 01-08-2019, 03:24 PM
MJG911
Three Wheelin'

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

you need to find a whole foods 365. they are lower priced, although geared towards millenials.
Old 01-08-2019, 05:14 PM
drive95
Instructor

Received 93 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by ClassJ
Pickup truck drivers around here are downright poison. Especially guys with lift kits have an axe to grind with pretty much everyone it seems.

I had had one park a few inches from my cayman drivers door in a huge mostly empty lot outside a strip mall. I calmly waited for the owner to show up. His **** faced grin response...”sorry I did not see you there”.

And I would have responded, "Yeah, I didn't know little dick syndrome also causes poor vision. Learn something new every day!"
Old 01-08-2019, 06:58 PM
kikcaffine
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MJG911
you need to find a whole foods 365. they are lower priced, although geared towards millenials.
I stopped because I was told to pick up some fancy olives, I'm more of a Sprouts shopper. Whole Foods is way over priced IMO.
Old 01-08-2019, 11:06 PM
phx991
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by kikcaffine
I hate the holidays and I hate people. The person worked at the Whole Foods that was in the shopping center. So frustrating. Why stuff like this doesn't happen in my Land Rover is beyond me.
The minivan to his left is practically on the line. Didn't leave the pickup driver much of a choice. Just saying.
Old 01-09-2019, 03:25 AM
GTSdds
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by michaelo
hells yea i did! It was like $7.99/lb for their organic, non-gmo, sustainable, fair trade, gluten-free, cage free bananas. I eat very well and dont need the bs "special" groceries whole foods sells.
Old 01-09-2019, 05:09 AM
IXLR8
Rennlist Member

Received 646 Likes on 449 Posts

Have you ever seen the movie Se7en? Envy is one of the seven deadly sins and it looks like you ran into one who is also inbred.

You know, vehicles only have one spare tire.
Old 01-09-2019, 09:12 AM
DOG ON
Rennlist Member

Received 74 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by phx991
The minivan to his left is practically on the line. Didn't leave the pickup driver much of a choice. Just saying.
If the minivan is actually as close to the line as you estimate (because there is no clear way to tell from that photo), and if the pickup driver parked after the minivan (which we have no way of knowing from the provided information), then yes: the pickup driver most definitely had a plethora of choices. Namely, he(or she) could have simply chosen to park in a spot that wasn't compromised by an ill-parked minivan which "forced" him(her) to park at this angle. But, why should the pickup driver have to walk an extra 20 steps from a different spot when they can simply inconvenience someone else, amirite?

Old 01-09-2019, 10:26 AM
kikcaffine
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GTSdds

hells yea i did! It was like $7.99/lb for their organic, non-gmo, sustainable, fair trade, gluten-free, cage free bananas. I eat very well and dont need the bs "special" groceries whole foods sells.
Man your appealing to my weakness of bananas, although I enjoy the free range one's myself, I feel it leads to the banana having a better life.

Originally Posted by IXLR8
Have you ever seen the movie Se7en? Envy is one of the seven deadly sins and it looks like you ran into one who is also inbred.

You know, vehicles only have one spare tire.
Haha

Originally Posted by DOG ON
If the minivan is actually as close to the line as you estimate (because there is no clear way to tell from that photo), and if the pickup driver parked after the minivan (which we have no way of knowing from the provided information), then yes: the pickup driver most definitely had a plethora of choices. Namely, he(or she) could have simply chosen to park in a spot that wasn't compromised by an ill-parked minivan which "forced" him(her) to park at this angle. But, why should the pickup driver have to walk an extra 20 steps from a different spot when they can simply inconvenience someone else, amirite?
The owner of the van had to dive out of the way of the truck drive ripping through the parking lot. The van was centered in the lines.

Quick Reply: Not even 48 hours into ownership and this......