Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Not even 48 hours into ownership and this......

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2018, 01:25 PM
the_buch
Rennlist Member

Received 84 Likes on 68 Posts

You're just lucky she didn't have a passenger who needed to get out with your car "in the way"
Old 12-26-2018, 02:16 PM
wareaglescott
Burning Brakes

Received 101 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by LexVan
Could be. Or could just be another lousy parker. Maybe I just have too much faith in others, and don't subscribe to everyone's idea that they are out for a Porsche owner.
Exactly.
Many people are just clueless, just as many are crappy drivers. Big truck vs average sized parking space and this happens all the time. Shocked the OP thought it was worthwhile to go in and page the driver. Seriously just get in the passenger side and go about your day. I mean in my book being so self absorbed to make and issue and start a post about it is worse than the poor parking job.
Old 12-26-2018, 02:34 PM
96redLT4
Rennlist Member

Received 308 Likes on 175 Posts

Originally Posted by subshooter
Pretty minor nuisance. After reading the title of the thread, I was expecting to see a crashed Porsche or at least some damage.

Lucky day.
That's what I thought-that the reflection on the rear bumper was damage.....
Old 12-26-2018, 03:25 PM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,236 Likes on 748 Posts

Originally Posted by wareaglescott
Exactly.
Many people are just clueless, just as many are crappy drivers. Big truck vs average sized parking space and this happens all the time. Shocked the OP thought it was worthwhile to go in and page the driver. Seriously just get in the passenger side and go about your day. I mean in my book being so self absorbed to make and issue and start a post about it is worse than the poor parking job.
May not be so easy to do depending on the size of the driver. And depending on age and physical ailments, it would be probably impossible in such a small cabin.
It would be nice if the driver of the truck was not so self absorbed that she could not just look back to make sure that she parked straight.
Old 12-26-2018, 03:28 PM
saeyedoc
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I saw a Raptor park in a compact spot a few months ago, it was ridiculous.
Old 12-26-2018, 06:01 PM
digits
Rennlist Member

Received 348 Likes on 186 Posts

This particular case sounds like it was just a careless parking job and not deliberate.

I saw this one recently...

https://jalopnik.com/bro-truck-owners-are-deliberately-blocking-tesla-superc-1831322063

I wonder if the a-holes (above) will have their sights on the Taycan when they start showing up. Weird.
Old 12-26-2018, 06:05 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,415 Likes on 2,518 Posts

Why even give someone the satisfaction of acknowledging they inconvenienced your day by confronting the offender? That’s what they are hoping for. Don’t give them that.
Old 12-26-2018, 08:46 PM
udi
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Look at the bright side: someone totaled my Carrera, your beautiful Carrera stayed un-touched.

Happy Hollidays
Old 12-26-2018, 10:43 PM
shrimp money
Race Car

Received 5,366 Likes on 2,134 Posts

That's hilarious, and not sure why I never thought of it.

But a few strips of stick on tire weights might might throw them off for weeks.
Old 12-26-2018, 10:59 PM
bkrantz
Rennlist Member

Received 1,111 Likes on 669 Posts

Originally Posted by digits
This particular case sounds like it was just a careless parking job and not deliberate.

I saw this one recently...

https://jalopnik.com/bro-truck-owners-are-deliberately-blocking-tesla-superc-1831322063

I wonder if the a-holes (above) will have their sights on the Taycan when they start showing up. Weird.
On the plus side, we live in a country where we are free to speak out. On the plusser side, when idiots speak out they reveal themselves, and eventually get screwed.
Old 12-27-2018, 09:00 AM
LISsailor
Rennlist Member

Received 194 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by bkrantz
Yeah, sucks. And only two likely options for the truck driver: a-hole or idiot. Either way, their life is likely to suck, if not now, then soon. Try to move on.
Wow! You sure those are the only two “options”? I realize I am on a “rich guy car forum”, but this is a new one for me.

If you have not yet realized, not everyone cares about cars like we do. Not everyone is as considerate as some would like. Some people are struggling to just get through the day.

I am amazed the OP had the audacity to call out the driver over a store telecom to move for him. Not sure who is more of the D-Bag here.....
Old 12-27-2018, 09:25 AM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,236 Likes on 748 Posts

Originally Posted by LISsailor

Wow! You sure those are the only two “options”? I realize I am on a “rich guy car forum”, but this is a new one for me.

If you have not yet realized, not everyone cares about cars like we do. Not everyone is as considerate as some would like. Some people are struggling to just get through the day.

I am amazed the OP had the audacity to call out the driver over a store telecom to move for him. Not sure who is more of the D-Bag here.....

I think OP called out driver because he could not open his door wide enough to get in.
Old 12-27-2018, 10:26 AM
MaynardZed
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by LexVan
Why even give someone the satisfaction of acknowledging they inconvenienced your day by confronting the offender? That’s what they are hoping for. Don’t give them that.
He couldn’t get in his door to leave. He had to contact her. Maybe you’re built like Gumby, but I sure as hell wouldn’t be able to squeeze in there and am not going to attempt to climb across from passenger side.
Old 12-27-2018, 10:29 AM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,460 Likes on 2,361 Posts

Originally Posted by MaynardZed

He couldn’t get in his door to leave. He had to contact her. Maybe you’re built like Gumby, but I sure as hell wouldn’t be able to squeeze in there and am not going to attempt to climb across from passenger side.
I have to agree, and why take the chance of scraping something while climbing over. Personally I would have waitied a little bit before trying to find the owner but if I were really pissed at the time I probably would have done the same thing.
Old 12-27-2018, 11:05 AM
kikcaffine
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LISsailor

Yup, Ill publicly shame someone who parks like an *** 100% of the time. If I were in my LR it would be nice to just hit it on the way out.

Originally Posted by Porsche_nuts
I think OP called out driver because he could not open his door wide enough to get in.
Exactly.

Originally Posted by MaynardZed

Wasnt interesting in crawling across a white interior in the rain.

Originally Posted by Bob Z.
I have to agree, and why take the chance of scraping something while climbing over. Personally I would have waitied a little bit before trying to find the owner but if I were really pissed at the time I probably would have done the same thing.
I was ready to shatter the trucks tail light. I was so so mad.

Quick Reply: Not even 48 hours into ownership and this......