Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Not even 48 hours into ownership and this......

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2018, 02:24 PM
PTGFAR
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Can't see how the next car is parked but this truck is really crooked. I try not to judge people who aren't parked centered in their stall because I see it all the time. All it takes is one car to park off center and cause others to have to park off center. The first car leaves and the second guy looks like he didn't know how to park. If it's a busy parking lot with most stall taken, it may take a good number of cars coming and going before things get straight again.

Trucks are getting bigger and it's a problem in parking lots. Even worse in parking structures. There are already compact stalls and standard stalls. We may need to have extra large stalls added with no large trucks allowed in other stalls. Other people may disagree with me, but as an alternative, I think it would be better if the large trucks took 2 stalls to prevent screwing up all the stalls.
Old 12-27-2018, 03:16 PM
LISsailor
Rennlist Member

Received 194 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by kikcaffine
Yup, Ill publicly shame someone who parks like an *** 100% of the time. If I were in my LR it would be nice to just hit it on the way out.

I was ready to shatter the trucks tail light. I was so so mad.
My point is that it was probably unintentional. Let. It. Go.
Old 12-27-2018, 03:27 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,415 Likes on 2,518 Posts

Originally Posted by MaynardZed
Maybe you’re built like Gumby,
6'3"
203 (I've lost >17 sounds since July buy cutting our sugar)

Old 12-27-2018, 03:49 PM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Received 2,298 Likes on 1,052 Posts

Originally Posted by kikcaffine
Yup, Ill publicly shame someone who parks like an *** 100% of the time. If I were in my LR it would be nice to just hit it on the way out.

I was ready to shatter the trucks tail light. I was so so mad.
Wow. Honestly, I'm more worried about people/drivers like you rather than the woman driving the pick up that can't park very well.
Old 12-27-2018, 08:21 PM
kikcaffine
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by subshooter
Wow. Honestly, I'm more worried about people/drivers like you rather than the woman driving the pick up that can't park very well.
Its nice to say and get off my chest, never would do it though.
Old 12-27-2018, 10:32 PM
bkrantz
Rennlist Member

Received 1,111 Likes on 669 Posts

Originally Posted by LISsailor

Wow! You sure those are the only two “options”? I realize I am on a “rich guy car forum”, but this is a new one for me.

If you have not yet realized, not everyone cares about cars like we do. Not everyone is as considerate as some would like. Some people are struggling to just get through the day.

I am amazed the OP had the audacity to call out the driver over a store telecom to move for him. Not sure who is more of the D-Bag here.....
I guess I lumped inconsiderate into the idiot category. And sure, occasionally somebody might have a really bad day or personally emergency. But I see this sort of thing so frequently that a significant number of people are just not competent or just don't care. At some point, forgiveness runs out.
Old 12-27-2018, 10:44 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 12,120 Likes on 5,269 Posts

Round 1 to a convertible.
Old 12-28-2018, 12:41 AM
t0mas
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Not just at holidays unfortunately......

Old 12-28-2018, 09:21 AM
AKB991
Racer

Received 111 Likes on 73 Posts

This is a new car to OP - maybe he doesn’t want to climb over center console and ding his new car up. Meanwhile - I’ve had multiple dogs and kids running relay races on inside of my 911’s. Don’t ask please. This is a matter of inconsideration and even if minivan to the far left parked crooked , there’s no reason for the pickup to continue to park crooked. P car was there first and parked properly. It’s not a matter of P car bs Truck Vs mini van - it’s a matter of be considerate and pay attention when you drive. Careless drivers inconvenience others at a minimum and cause injury / damage at a maximum. Common courtesy should be common.
Old 12-28-2018, 09:27 AM
AKB991
Racer

Received 111 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by t0mas
Not just at holidays unfortunately......

t0mas - looks like all the cars are parked properly in the spots - what are you supposed to do ? Those spots look exceedingly tight.
Old 12-28-2018, 10:59 AM
ericmeds
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Congratulations on your purchase!

This always happens to me too - subsequently stopped taking my 911 shopping and only use it when I'm going for a drive.

Cheers
Old 12-28-2018, 11:35 AM
DOG ON
Racer

Received 74 Likes on 42 Posts

There isn't always a clear line between what should and should not upset you regarding other people's driving/parking habits. And, what upsets one of us may not even remotely bother others. Either way, we can't know all the factors in single instances like the OP's.,But, if he parked correctly and can't safely open his door and get into his car due to someone else's improper parking, I don't think it's out of line to request that he ask the improperly parked driver to move. He doesn't have to be mean about it, but people shouldn't have to be made to go to extreme circumstances to get back in their vehicle when they did the right thing in the first place. It doesn't matter that the OP was driving a P-Car. If that truck had parked next to my Grandmother's Buick in the same manner, I wouldn't have expected her to have to climb through the passenger seat to get into her car.

It's undeniable that a large swath of people (especially here in USA) don't place as much respect, attention, and responsibility on the acts of driving/parking as they should. And, the ones of us who are more tuned in to its importance tend to get ticked off more easily by the blatant examples of apparent idiocy, incompetence, or ignorance. I tend to let most of the random poor parking jobs slide through my daily life, but there are a few people at my work that literally cannot seem to be able to comprehend the basic concepts of parking and social courtesy. Daily.

It's mind-blowing how consistently horribly they park. It's so bad that I would actually be relieved if I knew they were doing it on purpose just to tick people off. If they're not doing it on purpose, it essentially means that we have people who are so incompetent at driving that the rest of us should literally be scared for our lives to share the road with them.
Old 12-28-2018, 12:58 PM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,236 Likes on 748 Posts

Guess you are lucky the driver wasn't parallel parking in front of you. There is always a brighter side.

Old 12-28-2018, 01:19 PM
t0mas
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

While minivan was parked within the lines of it's parking space, it's a large vehicle and any conscious driver would have used any of the other open spaces that would not have left me in a position where I could hardly fit through the space between my car and the van, let alone open the door and squeeze it. Just one of those scenarios where it's clearly deliberate.
Old 12-28-2018, 01:39 PM
wareaglescott
Burning Brakes

Received 101 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by t0mas
While minivan was parked within the lines of it's parking space, it's a large vehicle and any conscious driver would have used any of the other open spaces that would not have left me in a position where I could hardly fit through the space between my car and the van, let alone open the door and squeeze it. Just one of those scenarios where it's clearly deliberate.
Thinking it is clearly deliberate is silly. A large percentage of people are just completely clueless. I would wager large money this person gave it zero to minimal thought vs your opinion that they did it intentional just to screw with you. 90% of drivers just don't care about cars like those of us that visit car forums. They just want to park in a space convenient to them and get their errand done. If they can squeeze out that is good enough for them.
I accept this trait of other drivers and don't park my nice cars in situations that could result in this ever.

Quick Reply: Not even 48 hours into ownership and this......