Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2020, 10:04 PM
rubioalejo
Instructor

Received 476 Likes on 133 Posts

Old school & ⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

South Florida streets!
The following 3 users liked this post by rubioalejo:
GT3FZS (03-26-2020), masti99 (03-27-2020), S S (03-26-2020)
Old 03-26-2020, 10:06 PM
lamacan
Rennlist Member

Received 404 Likes on 228 Posts

Originally Posted by rubioalejo
I think your CarreraT are awesome no matter what ! Now... if I have to make a list of the 7 “must have” options in order by priority, the following is my choice:
1-Manual Transmission + Mechanical Limited Slip Diff 🤩
2-Bucket Seats
3-Sport Chrono
4-Sunroof Delete
5-CarreraS wheels (7Lbs lighter than Sport wheels)
6-RWS
7-PCCB (40% lighter than iron brakes)
you'll get way more out of RAS than Sport Chrono and Sunroof Delete.

For me the non-negotiables were RAS and Sport Chrono.

I would have loved buckets, but need the rear seats for junior.

REALLY wanted sunroof delete but my deal was too good to pass up over a sunroof. The glass sunroof is ridiculous. I opened it today and it must open about 6 inches. LOL.

If give the choice I would have spent that money on full leather.

Very strange how porsche put the Alcantara C pillars but not A pillars. I replaced the A and B pillars with Alcantara from Suncoast. Best $1,000 I ever spent.
The following users liked this post:
rubioalejo (03-26-2020)
Old 03-26-2020, 10:13 PM
lamacan
Rennlist Member

given the choice, i would have used the money from sunroof and sport design front bumper on full leather and pocketed the rest... that said, the sport design front bumper is growing on me in GT Silver, and you don't see many of them.

this was when i dropped her off for paint correct/ppf/ceramic.

The following 2 users liked this post by lamacan:
GT3FZS (03-26-2020), masti99 (03-28-2020)
Old 03-26-2020, 10:21 PM
rubioalejo
Instructor

Originally Posted by lamacan
given the choice, i would have used the money from sunroof and sport design front bumper on full leather and pocketed the rest... that said, the sport design front bumper is growing on me in GT Silver, and you don't see many of them.

this was when i dropped her off for paint correct/ppf/ceramic.

looks great!! GT Silver is the heritage choice!! 👍🏻
Old 03-26-2020, 10:30 PM
737gdog
Burning Brakes

Received 559 Likes on 279 Posts

I would have loved buckets, but need the rear seats for junior.

REALLY wanted sunroof delete but my deal was too good to pass up over a sunroof. The glass sunroof is ridiculous. I opened it today and it must open about 6 inches. LOL.

If give the choice I would have spent that money on full leather.

Very strange how porsche put the Alcantara C pillars but not A pillars. I replaced the A and B pillars with Alcantara from Suncoast. Best $1,000 I ever spent.

Does RAS not add weight and take away from the purity of driving a 911? Manual, no sunroof and rear seat delete........
Old 03-26-2020, 10:43 PM
lamacan
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 737gdog
Does RAS not add weight and take away from the purity of driving a 911? Manual, no sunroof and rear seat delete........
Apparently it weighs about 36 lbs.

The weight savings in these cars is largely a gimmick. Nobody is feeling the difference between 45 lbs. Or even 100 lbs for that matter.

The car mainly "feels" lighter because of lack of sound deadening, etc.

Point is: RAS will make you a lot faster than shedding 45 lbs. In my opinion, a 911 with RAS (any of them) is the single best steering feel of any modern car ever, period. It's exceptional.

Adding the PCM (required in the US) adds weight. Adding sunroof adds weight. Adding 18 ways adds weight versus 4 way and even more versus LWB adds weight.

That 45 lbs is so variable in these cars it honestly doesn't even matter. You aren't getting any less enjoyment out of this car knowing it weighs 15-75 lbs more or less depending on spec.
The following 3 users liked this post by lamacan:
GT3FZS (03-26-2020), minh (03-26-2020), SFZ GT3 (09-19-2020)
Old 03-26-2020, 10:50 PM
737gdog
Burning Brakes

Received 559 Likes on 279 Posts

Apparently it weighs about 36 lbs.

The weight savings in these cars is largely a gimmick. Nobody is feeling the difference between 45 lbs. Or even 100 lbs for that matter.

The car mainly "feels" lighter because of lack of sound deadening, etc.

Point is: RAS will make you a lot faster than shedding 45 lbs. In my opinion, a 911 with RAS (any of them) is the single best steering feel of any modern car ever, period. It's exceptional.

Adding the PCM (required in the US) adds weight. Adding sunroof adds weight. Adding 18 ways adds weight versus 4 way and even more versus LWB adds weight.

That 45 lbs is so variable in these cars it honestly doesn't even matter. You aren't getting any less enjoyment out of this car knowing it weighs 15-75 lbs more or less depending on spec.
So manual, rear seat delete, sunroof delete, LWB, got it.....
Old 03-26-2020, 11:52 PM
Ceepe
Rennlist Member

Received 523 Likes on 282 Posts

RAS takes away some rear engine feel, for sure. You can also induce a situation where the switch can be detected at an inopportune time.
Those things aside it certainly adds a lot. I actually like the Carrera T without it a great deal. You can tidy the line with lifting even at slow speed. They dial that out with RAS. Tough call on what is better for a Carrera T.
The following users liked this post:
spyderbret (03-27-2020)
Old 03-27-2020, 12:05 AM
rubioalejo
Instructor

Originally Posted by 737gdog

RAS weight is 13kg . Certainly it adds weight, I have the opportunity to compare the agility and handling with my GT Silver (No RAS)friend , the driving experience revealed us huge differences, after driving with RAS , you feel the other car like a boat . I thing RAS enhance the purity of driving because it feels smaller like the old school 911. RAS is a GT3 feature! This doesn’t means that without RAS the car it is not good ! Both are great! In my opinion, the worst option decision about weight, even worst than sunroof or rear seats, are the SPORT wheels, those are bulky and heavy than the standard CarreraS about 7lbs each, (28lbs total) and the formula for rotational unsprung weight is by multiplying weight x10 , meaning is comparable to put 280lbs dead weight on the car! Less handling and worst braking.
The following 3 users liked this post by rubioalejo:
Das14444 (03-27-2020), masti99 (03-28-2020), SFZ GT3 (09-19-2020)
Old 03-27-2020, 01:36 AM
Nathan_
Instructor

Received 81 Likes on 50 Posts

Sport Chrono option on T literally gives you a clock on the dash and the phone app / PCM screen, really isn’t needed.
Old 03-27-2020, 01:42 AM
lamacan
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Nathan_
Sport Chrono option on T literally gives you a clock on the dash and the phone app / PCM screen, really isn’t needed.
exactly
Old 03-27-2020, 02:28 AM
rubioalejo
Instructor

“Dynamic engine mounts are also part of the Sport Chrono Package. The electronically controlled system minimizes the perceptible oscillations and vibrations of the entire drivetrain, particularly the engine, and combines the benefits of a hard or soft engine mounting arrangement. In short, it enhances both driving stability and driving comfort.

The Sport Chrono Package now also includes the Porsche Track Precision App. This enables you to clock lap times and collate driving stats, record and manage the results on your smartphone and share them with other drivers for comparison. The app makes use of GPS and high-precision data from the on-board computer and helps you to better your driving performance. Graphical and video analyses display every millisecond of your potential for improvement. Lap after lap.” From PORSCHE.
Another must have feature that come with SC , is the Synchronized down shift rev-matching system, this feature is enabled only on Sport and Sport Plus, if you don’t like this feature? an alternative way may be a case like mine , I tuned my T with (Marco Manzie/Billet Design) (Cobb Stage1) and the Pro-Tuner option gives the ability to disabled or not the Rev match, either sport /sport plus. So I leaved on Sport, Sport Plus was disabled to play with Heel&Toe!
Old 03-27-2020, 04:29 AM
Nathan_
Instructor

Received 81 Likes on 50 Posts

Carrera T doesn’t have dynamic engine mounts and the rest of it is standard, sport, sport+, steering wheel mounted switch etc

the option on the T is just the clock, an extra page on PCM and the phone app, hence not being important
Old 03-27-2020, 12:44 PM
lamacan
Rennlist Member

Carrera T doesn’t have dynamic engine mounts and the rest of it is standard, sport, sport+, steering wheel mounted switch etc

the option on the T is just the clock, an extra page on PCM and the phone app, hence not being important
I think you're both right in different ways.

I believe the T has some modified version of Sport Chrono mechanical functions as standard, operating with the steering wheel controls but not the dash clock/PCM.

Adding the package adds the clock and PCM integration.

Hence, why on the T it's like a $320 option and on a base Carrera (992) it's $2,720 option.
Old 03-27-2020, 01:29 PM
rubioalejo
Instructor

So basically almost all features that normally came associated with SC are standard on the T, and the $320 cost of SC on CarreraT is only for that little watch and the track app!
Great information! Thanks

Last edited by rubioalejo; 03-27-2020 at 02:07 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by rubioalejo:
Nathan_ (03-27-2020), SFZ GT3 (09-19-2020)

Quick Reply: 991.2 Carrera T - Picture Thread!