Sponsored by:

991.2 Carrera T - Picture Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2019, 12:42 AM
Sensr215
Instructor

Received 34 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by tvh
Got mine 10 months ago; upgrade after 10 years of boxster and cayman driving; puts a smile on my face every morning
I really like how the almost black sunroof contrasts with the silver. Great looking car!
Old 03-03-2019, 06:49 PM
FlyJacket
AutoX

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Love that spec, the spoiler...so nice, looks fantastic!
Old 03-03-2019, 09:10 PM
TTownT
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

glenncurtis, Are your mirrors black? I didn't think that was an option for the T. I have the optioned satin black wheels and agate grey mirrors. It doesn't look bad, but I'd like them to match and am debating having them painted.
Old 03-04-2019, 12:32 AM
glenncurtis
Advanced

Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by TTownT
glenncurtis, Are your mirrors black? I didn't think that was an option for the T. I have the optioned satin black wheels and agate grey mirrors. It doesn't look bad, but I'd like them to match and am debating having them painted.
I had mine vinyl wrapped with a statin black color by a Seattle area professional. He has done three of my cars with various graphics. It is a tricky part, and it took him a while to work out a game plan for how best to get the mirror posts (inside/out), and then the exterior shell and over the lip and behind the mirror itself. Piece of genius IMO ;-)

I am very glad I matched the color to the wheels, and I even swapped the desk lid to a flat black GTS version from Suncoast.

My changes, are all reversible however. I can re-install the original side stripes, alcantera seat inserts, grille, and peel off the vinyl wrapping on the mirrors if I want to go stock again (doubtful though).

My 911 passion started in 1985, when I was give a ride in a Turbo whale tail Guards Red G series. From that point on, 911s in my mind were most appealing in red/black. I had many years later a 1988 911 Carrera in Guards Red/Black leather, which I was sadly talked into selling several years later (major regrets now, though I made a bit of $). This Carrera T is my tribute, of sort.

Being honest, this photo gallery list has shown me that the yellow, white, silver, miami blue, and lava orange Carrera T models actually compliment the agate gray trim nicely, but the guards red and gray are muted compared to the red/black look.

Keep me posted on what you end up doing, always nice to know a fellow red 911T owner...

The following users liked this post:
SFZ GT3 (09-06-2020)
Old 03-04-2019, 09:07 PM
TTownT
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by glenncurtis
I had mine vinyl wrapped with a statin black color by a Seattle area professional. He has done three of my cars with various graphics. It is a tricky part, and it took him a while to work out a game plan for how best to get the mirror posts (inside/out), and then the exterior shell and over the lip and behind the mirror itself. Piece of genius IMO ;-)

I am very glad I matched the color to the wheels, and I even swapped the desk lid to a flat black GTS version from Suncoast.

My changes, are all reversible however. I can re-install the original side stripes, alcantera seat inserts, grille, and peel off the vinyl wrapping on the mirrors if I want to go stock again (doubtful though).

My 911 passion started in 1985, when I was give a ride in a Turbo whale tail Guards Red G series. From that point on, 911s in my mind were most appealing in red/black. I had many years later a 1988 911 Carrera in Guards Red/Black leather, which I was sadly talked into selling several years later (major regrets now, though I made a bit of $). This Carrera T is my tribute, of sort.

Being honest, this photo gallery list has shown me that the yellow, white, silver, miami blue, and lava orange Carrera T models actually compliment the agate gray trim nicely, but the guards red and gray are muted compared to the red/black look.

Keep me posted on what you end up doing, always nice to know a fellow red 911T owner...
Very interesting, thanks glenncurtis. Pictures look great. I’ll have to look into that and send the final results.

I remember seeing pictures of a red Turbo with a whale tail back when I was in high school and thinking that would be the ultimate car. Sadly, never got a chance to drive or ride in one. Beautiful car today. They are timeless. And I agree, I like the Carrera T decals but had mixed feelings on the gray on red.
Old 03-05-2019, 11:33 AM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Received 1,264 Likes on 584 Posts

Originally Posted by glenncurtis

Ha! There'll soon be one more in the PNW 'hood. Just closed my build in Guards Red for a May delivery. Do you get out with the PCA drives at all?

Old 03-05-2019, 02:54 PM
Guaji
Racer

Received 272 Likes on 142 Posts

I don’t think I’ve ever taken photos of my car in daylight. Carrara White. I cannot wait to send the T out to SoCal this summer since I’ll be there a lot for work. Driving around Miami is sooooooo boring, flat roads, too much traffic, and tourists / new arrivals who have no idea where they are going or how to drive (rant over). I’m looking forward to some canyon driving.
Old 03-05-2019, 07:38 PM
Porsch
Banned

Received 252 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by Guaji

I don’t think I’ve ever taken photos of my car in daylight. Carrara White. I cannot wait to send the T out to SoCal this summer since I’ll be there a lot for work.
Very, very nice. That is white or carrara white metallic? I never know when people say carrara white since that color hasn't been offered in many years, including on the T.
Old 03-05-2019, 11:23 PM
Guaji
Racer

Originally Posted by Porsch
Very, very nice. That is white or carrara white metallic? I never know when people say carrara white since that color hasn't been offered in many years, including on the T.

The color is Carrara White, one of the metallic paint options. My previous car was White, which I would refer to as base White. The base is a much brighter color than Carrara White. This photo is my previous car, “base” White.
Old 03-05-2019, 11:54 PM
glenncurtis
Advanced

Originally Posted by Zeus993
Ha! There'll soon be one more in the PNW 'hood. Just closed my build in Guards Red for a May delivery. Do you get out with the PCA drives at all?
Awesome, are you thinking euro delivery?

I do tours etc... PNWR Seattle area tours, tech eds, and breakfast & cars are definitely becoming routine for me. I usually show up in the Sapphire Blue Panamera or the G. Red/Pepita Houndstooth 911T. On Saturday mornings in Redmond, WA, the Exotics @ RTC gatherings are quite the meet up. They have a dedicated German car day gathering, but P Cars are present all the time. The www.exoticsat.com site is good to watch for weather cancelations. This Saturday is the cars and coffee at The Shop in Seattle put on by PNWR.

If you are into VWs, I'll be at XXX drive in in Issaquah on Sunday, I keep at fully restored 1967 Beetle (Black) I plan to show.

If you are passing thru the Issaquah/Seattle area, happy to visit and show you the man cave (garage).

Congratulations,
Glenn
Old 03-06-2019, 02:07 AM
stevenvillatoro
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Greetings. I’m a new ‘19 T owner as of a few days ago, and this is my first post.

Today, I de-striped the sides (thanks, Glenn) in preparation to claybar and RejeX the paint starting tomorrow.

Old 03-06-2019, 10:41 AM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by Guaji
The color is Carrara White, one of the metallic paint options. My previous car was White, which I would refer to as base White. The base is a much brighter color than Carrara White. This photo is my previous car, “base” White.
You actually have "Carrara White Metallic" (S9R) and not "Carrara White" (B9A). Carrara White is a flat/non-metallic white only available for the 991 via PTS. [Although not available at all on the Carrera T since PTS was not allowed for the T.] You picked a great color - in person, it has a very classy look. It also has an extra layer of clear coat, compared to standard white (C9A).
Old 03-06-2019, 11:21 AM
Guaji
Racer

Originally Posted by FORENN
You actually have "Carrara White Metallic" (S9R) and not "Carrara White" (B9A). Carrara White is a flat/non-metallic white only available for the 991 via PTS. [Although not available at all on the Carrera T since PTS was not allowed for the T.] You picked a great color - in person, it has a very classy look. It also has an extra layer of clear coat, compared to standard white (C9A).

Ah, thanks for the clarification. I wasn’t aware of that.
Old 03-06-2019, 11:20 PM
Cyberbug
Rennlist Member

Received 75 Likes on 61 Posts

Old 03-06-2019, 11:47 PM
glenncurtis
Advanced

Default Fun with Triple stripes...

Just finished installation of new stripes on my car. Technically this is my third set of stripes 😀. I had the original Carrera T stripes, but thought they looked more like the stripes a Cayman or Boxster would have (Yes, just my opinion). I was also on my kick to hide or remove the agate gray exposure on my car. (See my earlier post on why I think Gaurds Red and Agate Gray are not my favorite combo). Gosh, I nitpick I guess...

The second set of stripes were made by a local vinyl wrap professional, but after having them on awhile, I was keen to have the PORSCHE text proportional in the door area with some of the center stripes encroaching. In other words, more like the way we are used to seeing such stripes. Yep, nitpicking again...

My latest set I ordered from Chris at RennDecals in Canada ($54.95). His company helped me with long length versions of side and hood stripes for my Panamera (Executive). I picked a medium gray for the lettering and center stripe, and black for the top and bottoms. This combo is called the RennSport style, many combinations of colors are possible. Singer style is where only the text is deviated from the color of the stripes (I was tempted to do this too).

To install, the trick I think is important, is to get the car raised at a level that you can have good sight lines to make sure it is straight etc. otherwise, follow the instructions on their website. This is a photo just after completing it in my garage. I’ll get some shots outside soon I’m sure.
The following 2 users liked this post by glenncurtis:
F1SML8R (01-26-2020), Jeahbladejeah (02-01-2021)

Quick Reply: 991.2 Carrera T - Picture Thread!