Sponsored by:

PSDS cars

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2019, 04:43 PM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,103 Posts

Originally Posted by PCA1983
Well, actually mine was PCNA "executive" car from Atlanta. It was not "shop worn"in any way. So maybe I should not try to lump the PSDS together with the PCNA cars. Mine was a manual, and from what I understand, the greenhorns are generally put in PDK cars. In any case, mine had no DME report over-revs.
Exactly, walk through the Porsche parking garage in ATL and you will find plenty of the cars that people there drive that they lease/pay for, but are never registered. You will be the first owner on them and while someone may drive a car that they don't own (know they are turning in 6 months later), they aren't driven as hard as the PSDS cars. Personally, I would have no issue buying an Executive car. It would be the same as buying a car that someone intends to keep for a year only and then trade in for the next greatest thing.
Old 07-14-2019, 11:23 PM
wmc
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have noticed several 911s for sale that seem to match the description and pictures of John's posting. A few of you have mentioned that you would buy one of these PSDS or PEC cars for the right price. What is your opinion of the right price given that these cars have seen some heavy use? For example a 2018 911 GTS with 3K-10K miles, what do you think is an acceptable discount from original MSRP? Some of the cars I have seen are at asking prices around 80%-85% of MSRP, which to me seems like a high price considering the risk one would assume buying one of these cars. Thanks for your opinions.
Old 07-14-2019, 11:56 PM
*991*
Rennlist Member

Received 205 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by wmc
I have noticed several 911s for sale that seem to match the description and pictures of John's posting. A few of you have mentioned that you would buy one of these PSDS or PEC cars for the right price. What is your opinion of the right price given that these cars have seen some heavy use? For example a 2018 911 GTS with 3K-10K miles, what do you think is an acceptable discount from original MSRP? Some of the cars I have seen are at asking prices around 80%-85% of MSRP, which to me seems like a high price considering the risk one would assume buying one of these cars. Thanks for your opinions.
I just got 6% MSRP off my brand new 19 GTS with delivery miles (I think 24 miles) a couple weeks ago for comparison
Old 07-15-2019, 01:35 AM
John Mclane
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,366 Likes on 745 Posts

Porsche honoring warranty makes for some fun read once you search for it.

I would do my homework and if it's a track car, ask for a rev report on it. Making it clear that you know it's a track car and you want to pay appropriately for it will just waste your time. They'll pass on you waiting for someone less savvy. That's how they operate,vis a vis, ADM.

I've done PSDS multiple times, I would not buy a single car coming out from AL. Atlanta and LA are different, far less abusive. it would have to be massively discounted and that simply won't happen. Just my 2c.
Old 07-15-2019, 04:37 PM
911boy
Three Wheelin'

Received 137 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by John Mclane
Yep, they can. I just wonder if they replace the clutch before selling them. They told us the dealers are eager to buy those cars. I wonder why $$$? For the proper price, considering the risk, I would go for it. What I see out there is far from proper price, as usual.
Same as all company cars from PCNA . I think Dealers bid on them and prices are very low so they cam make some $. I bought a media car and put 40,000 trouble free kms on it. Not sure I'd buy a Driving school car but these things are tough/durable.
Old 07-16-2019, 02:30 AM
96redLT4
Rennlist Member

Received 289 Likes on 165 Posts

I had a great time in April doing the 'Advanced GTS' class at PECLA. I would not advise buying one of those GTSs used

J

Quick Reply: PSDS cars