Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

911 Decision Time

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2018 | 06:27 PM
Hurricane
Race Car

Originally Posted by Dan Nagy
I love your interior, but mine is going to be all black including trim pieces. If I can find a way to do the steering wheel black, that, too. I looked at the black/tan leather but don't like how it looks. Black/red and blue/chalk won't go with this.
All black would look very nice!
Old 08-28-2018 | 06:42 PM
Dan Nagy
Race Car

Originally Posted by pfbz
I know you are looking at ordering new, and perhaps only interested in leases, but this 2017 looks pretty close to your build preferences and you could upgrade to an S in your new color preference (with less miles and full CPO 2 year warranty extension) for a huge discount compared to a 2018 build. Are there any real changes for 2018?

CPO 2017 991.2 S manual in Miami Blue with sport package, 7K miles, $104 ask.

https://www.porscheofkingsautomall.c...4996a42bb2.htm

That's considerate, thank you so much for taking the time to post that. It's a beauty, but missing a few of the things I want. To be honest, anything above a C2 is a waste for my driving talent, lol. Also, Sport Exhaust is mandatory.
Old 08-28-2018 | 06:55 PM
pfbz
Rennlist Member

Also, Sport Exhaust is mandatory.
I agree... Manual, sports chrono, sports exhaust are my must-haves.

But Porsche build sheets can be misleading. Sometimes option packages will list out all the individual sub-options on the build sheet, sometimes not.

In this case, the 2017 P3P Sport Package included:
  • Sport Chrono
  • Sports Exhaust
  • SportDesign Side Mirrors
  • Rear axle steering
  • Sport steering wheel.
You can see the sport chrono steering **** and dash wart as well as the sport exhaust button and center outlets in the pictures...

Old 08-28-2018 | 07:04 PM
Thinc2
Pro

Originally Posted by Dan Nagy
Well, this is a perfect example. I was a first time 911 customer. I ordered a 2017 with what I thought would be needed. Now after 20 months in the car, I can order another one with a bit more knowledge of what I want. I know a C2 is the right fit for me, but I want to make just a few changes. I also want the last model year of this body at least for a few years ... and with what I am reading about the 992, probably for a long time.

We seem to be very aligned. I just ordered a GT Silver base for exactly the same reasons. And I didn't go used for the same reasons as well - I just couldn't find the build exactly the way I wanted it (I want a leather interior, and not many base models get leather dash etc), and i plan to keep the car for a while (although I say that every time - only had the Gran Turismo for a year)...

I also have a Fiat 124 Abarth - if I can figure out the garage space, I will keep this one...
Old 08-28-2018 | 07:23 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

When you say "leather dash" are you going with just the leather interior or the option that includes leather on the entire dash?

By the way, I had a 124 Abarth after I sold the C7 and was waiting for an allocation to order the 911...what a blast to drive for very little money.
Old 08-28-2018 | 07:48 PM
dchang81
Instructor

Just curious why so many feel the sports Chrono is a must have? The auto blip when I'm trying to do it myself throws me off during the few test drives I've done.
Old 08-28-2018 | 08:21 PM
Thinc2
Pro

Originally Posted by Bob Z.
When you say "leather dash" are you going with just the leather interior or the option that includes leather on the entire dash?

By the way, I had a 124 Abarth after I sold the C7 and was waiting for an allocation to order the 911...what a blast to drive for very little money.
I'm getting the leather interior (option AZ), which includes "Dashboard top incl. instrument cluster cover".

Agree on the Fiat - super fun, and super cheap - hardly worth trading in. My wife calls it the toy car. I have a phase 1 tune to 197 HP and an upgraded stereo.

Old 08-28-2018 | 08:30 PM
Dan Nagy
Race Car

Originally Posted by pfbz
I agree... Manual, sports chrono, sports exhaust are my must-haves.

But Porsche build sheets can be misleading. Sometimes option packages will list out all the individual sub-options on the build sheet, sometimes not.

In this case, the 2017 P3P Sport Package included:
  • Sport Chrono
  • Sports Exhaust
  • SportDesign Side Mirrors
  • Rear axle steering
  • Sport steering wheel.
You can see the sport chrono steering **** and dash wart as well as the sport exhaust button and center outlets in the pictures...

Ah, gotcha, my bad. That’s a super nice car. Still, it’s too much car for dear old Dan! For me, the C2 is perfect and I want the last year the 991 is built.
Old 08-29-2018 | 10:36 AM
Pep!RRRR
Burning Brakes

Miami Blue with the black glass sunroof looks awesome. Do it!

Quick Reply: 911 Decision Time