Sponsored by:

Vektor Performance - Performance Headers

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2019, 06:33 PM
///M3THOD
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by VektorPerformance
I have to say, the more time I spend on this platform the more potential I see.

Here is a sneak peek of things to come...

Hmm, is that a valved cat bypass and dump?
Old 01-08-2019, 08:37 PM
spdracerut
Three Wheelin'

Received 541 Likes on 368 Posts

Originally Posted by ///M3THOD
That does look like a Tial external wastegate.... that should free up a good chunk of power and add noise.
Old 01-08-2019, 09:51 PM
4 Point 0
Rennlist Member

Received 1,186 Likes on 626 Posts

We call them screamer pipes here. The fun police will boot you from the track if you have them. They are also illegal in our Nanny State.
Old 01-09-2019, 11:57 AM
VektorPerformance
Former Vendor

Received 354 Likes on 222 Posts

Originally Posted by spdracerut
That does look like a Tial external wastegate.... that should free up a good chunk of power and add noise.
Winner winner chicken dinner! Should definitely free up a good bit of power, and definitely make more noise

Originally Posted by 4 Point 0
We call them screamer pipes here. The fun police will boot you from the track if you have them. They are also illegal in our Nanny State.
Will be interesting to see just how loud it will be. I suppose if we had a custom muffler setup we could re-route it back into that. Or, I do see guys running super trap mufflers sometimes to tone things down. Nice thing about the Porsche layout is that all of the sound is behind you, so it will be much less loud IN the car Around town driving should be fine if you can contain yourself. I wouldn't expect then to open until +10-12psi or so depending on how you and your tuner prefer your spring setup.
Old 01-09-2019, 12:02 PM
VektorPerformance
Former Vendor

External Wastegate. Although, we do have a muffler bypass that uses all OEM stuff. To me it sounds the way it should have come from the factory

Old 01-09-2019, 04:55 PM
///M3THOD
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

External Wastegate. Although, we do have a muffler bypass that uses all OEM stuff. To me it sounds the way it should have come from the factory

Yeah I saw that. I figured you guys might put a valve on it that you could control electronically. I had exhaust cutouts on my old CTS V that definitely gave a little performance bump but were definitely loud AF!
Old 01-09-2019, 05:02 PM
VektorPerformance
Former Vendor

Yeah I saw that. I figured you guys might put a valve on it that you could control electronically. I had exhaust cutouts on my old CTS V that definitely gave a little performance bump but were definitely loud AF!
I'm quite surprised how quiet it is. Two little turbos and two big cats make it a lot quieter than I would have thought. I drive it open all the time. It's not annoying in the cabin at all, and I get no disgusted looks that some loud exhausts have gotten me.

We'll delete the cats at some point, with bigger turbos. At that point I expect it to hellaciously loud.
Old 01-09-2019, 07:27 PM
cosmo1
Pro

Received 123 Likes on 78 Posts

Wanting to know if there is any power loss in lower rpm's with a header upgrade? Currently I have the Hydra Tune, BMC Filter, Soul Catless Downpipes, and AMS Intercoolers. Another question is has a any testing been done on a fully bolt on 991.2 Carrera and if so what were the gains and or losses?
Old 01-11-2019, 01:21 PM
VektorPerformance
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by cosmo1
Wanting to know if there is any power loss in lower rpm's with a header upgrade?
No. In fact, you will find the engine to be more responsive. A well designed header will improve the engine's VE (Volumetric Efficiency), which essentially means you make more power everywhere in the rev range because it's pumping efficiency is more optimized. The design also plays into where the maximum and peak gains are, but if they are a good design there should absolutely be no loos of power anywhere throughout the revs.

Originally Posted by cosmo1
Another question is has a any testing been done on a fully bolt on 991.2 Carrera and if so what were the gains and or losses?
We've got a pretty diverse group of users from highly modified track use, to air filter, headers and tune daily drive types. If you're looking for a specific mods, I can see if I can find a close match to what you're looking for and reach out to them. As for the power gains, as stated above, improving the VE makes the engine/turbine more efficient. As power capacity increases, the effect of our headers scales up as well. It's not perfectly linear, but as an off-the-cuff example if our header net you ~25whp at 300whp, you could expect ~45whp at 600whp. In short, the optimization of the headers has a larger effect as you start to push more gasses through them. If you start with a non-optimized design, it's only going to hider performance more and more as yo try to flow more gasses through it.
Old 03-26-2019, 08:55 AM
VektorPerformance
Former Vendor

Just an FYI to the group... As we head into springtime, we do have some header inventory, but as race/enthusiast season picks up we do sometimes have lead-times. Please keep this in mind when planning and putting together your springtime mod list.

Thanks for your support!
Old 03-26-2019, 04:29 PM
AlbertC4S
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Still considering the Vektor header against the competition but reluctant because it drops below the frame. Anyone knows if the GT3 diffuser will fit the GTS? It appears designed to protect the header from contact with the ground.
Old 03-26-2019, 10:44 PM
spdracerut
Three Wheelin'

Received 541 Likes on 368 Posts

Wow, I forgot how low the rear diffuser sits. That vertical surface has nothing to do with protecting the header, it's to manage the airflow. I suppose the diffuser would 'protect' the header because you'd crush the diffuser first. But I imagine you would want to prevent doing that in the first place which means just not backing up against any park stops/curbing.
Old 03-27-2019, 07:40 AM
VektorPerformance
Former Vendor

Anyone have a full mod list to make this happen on a plane jane Carrera? I'd give this a go.

Tough to say judging by the pic, and I hate to speculate. Although, we have made subtle tweaks that have improved clearance.
Old 03-27-2019, 11:07 AM
LargePuppy
Rennlist Member

Received 338 Likes on 185 Posts

Anyone have a full mod list to make this happen on a plane jane Carrera? I'd give this a go.

Tough to say judging by the pic, and I hate to speculate. Although, we have made subtle tweaks that have improved clearance.
What sort of tweaks, and what is the improvement?
Old 03-27-2019, 11:28 AM
PTS-BRG
Three Wheelin'

Received 621 Likes on 340 Posts

Why would you make a design change to raise the header "to improve clearance" if there was no risk of it catching on something to begin with, like you have been stating from day one?

"As we head into springtime, we do have some header inventory". Glad to see you were finally able to catch up to the incredible demand..

I cannot wait for the header testing on the other forum to be done. He is a complete buffoon so there is no guarantee the testing will be legitimate or even done in 2019, but I still cant wait to see those results..

Quick Reply: Vektor Performance - Performance Headers