Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Techart Wing installed on 991.2 GTS with PICS

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2018, 01:24 PM
stephen k
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

I'm not much of a aftermarket wing person but love this techart wing a lot. It does scream for a drop and flush fitment on the wheels to give it that overall aggressive look.
Old 12-18-2018, 07:56 PM
vipertom 1970
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Any one has pictures of 991.2 Targa GTS with this wing ??
Old 12-19-2018, 02:25 AM
raidersfan
Three Wheelin'

Received 154 Likes on 113 Posts

Well then: what is the difference between the S-PASM front lip and the GTS front lip? To my eyes, not much, at least in terms of clearance and downforce. It isn't as if either aggressively jut out like a Techart front spoiler does. I could see a GT3-style front end doing something substantial, but I can't make out a difference between a lowered S-PASM bumper and a GTS front end.
Old 12-19-2018, 10:20 AM
Sammydtd
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

TA wing looks stunning on an already stunning car...nice work!

I've had a TA steering wheel and exhaust system before on a Pannie, and their craftsmanship is second to none.

I'd go for that wing, if it didn't look silly on a cabrio...or would it....????

Old 12-19-2018, 01:03 PM
jnkirk1974
Rennlist Member

Received 275 Likes on 124 Posts

Do we know if any representatives from TechArt or Tag Motorsports are on Rennlist?
If so, we need the following questions answered...........

Regarding the TechArt Rear Wing II

1) Does the TechArt Rear Wing II cause any cooling issues on 991.2 Carrera cars? (Carrera, Carrera S and GTS models)

2) Do GTS models require the TechArt front spoiler in order to avoid lift on the front of the car at high speed or can we just purchase the rear wing and still maintain proper aero balance?
Old 12-19-2018, 03:03 PM
TAGMotorsports
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 380 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by jnkirk1974
Do we know if any representatives from TechArt or Tag Motorsports are on Rennlist?

1) Does the TechArt Rear Wing II cause any cooling issues on 991.2 Carrera cars? (Carrera, Carrera S and GTS models)

2) Do GTS models require the TechArt front spoiler in order to avoid lift on the front of the car at high speed or can we just purchase the rear wing and still maintain proper aero balance?

Good Morning Everyone!

It looks like everyone has a few questions so I will do my best to answer.

1. The Type 2 Wing does NOT cause any cooling issues on these cars. Techart has designed this with a bigger air scoop which comes as part of the kit. These wings are wind tunnel tested with purpose in mind and not just for aesthetics.
We've never had a customer have over heating issues, and neither has Techart USA.

2. Techart does recommend you purchase the front lip in conjunction with the rear spoiler. In Germany, the wing is only TUV certified if it is installed with the front lip so you must purchase both at the same time.
That being said, we have installed a few of these where customers have opted to skip the front lip.

web: www.TAGMotorsports.com - email: sales@tagmotorsports.com
Authorized Dealer For: HRE, Vossen, TechArt, AWE, Bilstien, KW, Akrapovic, Capristo, Fabspseed, BBI, Vorsteiner, Milltek, 1016 Industries, BBS, Brembo, GMG, H&R, Pirelli, Michelin, Hankook & more.

TechArt & AWE Tuning's #1 Volume Dealer Nationwide
Old 12-19-2018, 03:17 PM
Psorcery
Banned

Received 170 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by TAGMotorsports
Good Morning Everyone!

It looks like everyone has a few questions so I will do my best to answer.

1. The Type 2 Wing does NOT cause any cooling issues on these cars. Techart has designed this with a bigger air scoop which comes as part of the kit. These wings are wind tunnel tested with purpose in mind and not just for aesthetics.
We've never had a customer have over heating issues, and neither has Techart USA.

2. Techart does recommend you purchase the front lip in conjunction with the rear spoiler. In Germany, the wing is only TUV certified if it is installed with the front lip so you must purchase both at the same time.
That being said, we have installed a few of these where customers have opted to skip the front lip.
Pic or link to front lip?
Old 12-19-2018, 03:29 PM
TAGMotorsports
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Psorcery
Pic or link to front lip?

Here is a picture of the 991.1 GTS front lip, the second picture is the lip for a 991.2 GTS

Old 12-19-2018, 03:38 PM
vipertom 1970
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

TAG, how many days will take to install including paint to match ?
Old 12-19-2018, 03:48 PM
raidersfan
Three Wheelin'

Received 154 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by jnkirk1974

Whether it is actually needed: I think that is a question for an engineer with access to a wind tunnel who doesn't have a vested interest in selling more stuff.

I am referring to Techart here. I know TAG are a group of straight shooters (and can sell you a much cheaper front spoiler). The TA one is kinda ugly as well. I wanted to do something with my 997, but ended up going with FVD, as the TA looked goofy in pics.
Old 12-19-2018, 03:57 PM
TAGMotorsports
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by vipertom 1970
TAG, how many days will take to install including paint to match ?
Usually we would need the car for about 5 days in order to prep the wing and ensure the color is matched to the body correctly. This also allotts time for prep on the wing. I cannot emphasize how important this step is, i've seens threads and comments where customers are not satisfied with the wing, or how it looks, or even bubbles in the paint. This is not an issue with Techart build quality, this is an issue with body shops not taking the proper steps to ensure this does not occur when the paint is laid.

You can also send in your gas cap before hand to color match, and then it take about 1.5-2 days to install the wing.
Old 03-08-2019, 10:03 AM
NightBlueTTS
Rennlist Member

Received 195 Likes on 126 Posts

I’m planning on installing this wing myself. Couple of questions that I was hoping I could get some help with.

1. Should I assemble the wing before taking it to get painted, or paint first?
2. The Techart instructions indicate that the passenger seat must be removed and a Techart spoiler control module installed. Is this correct? Or can I just have the dealer program in a fixed wing and be good to go?

thanks in advance!
Old 03-08-2019, 01:25 PM
TAGMotorsports
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by NightBlueTTS
I’m planning on installing this wing myself. Couple of questions that I was hoping I could get some help with.

1. Should I assemble the wing before taking it to get painted, or paint first?
2. The Techart instructions indicate that the passenger seat must be removed and a Techart spoiler control module installed. Is this correct? Or can I just have the dealer program in a fixed wing and be good to go?

thanks in advance!
1. Definitely paint first, assemble second. Make sure that whoever paints your wing really takes the time to prep the wing before hand. I cannot stress this enough! I've had customers who have taken their wings to body shop and they do not take the time to do this properly and the paint starts lifting or bubbling.

2.You will need to install the module under the seat on the car.
Old 03-08-2019, 02:08 PM
NightBlueTTS
Rennlist Member

Received 195 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by TAGMotorsports
1. Definitely paint first, assemble second. Make sure that whoever paints your wing really takes the time to prep the wing before hand. I cannot stress this enough! I've had customers who have taken their wings to body shop and they do not take the time to do this properly and the paint starts lifting or bubbling.

2.You will need to install the module under the seat on the car.
Thanks for the tips! How long should I expect it to take to remove the passenger seat?
Old 03-08-2019, 02:24 PM
plenum
Burning Brakes

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by NightBlueTTS

Thanks for the tips! How long should I expect it to take to remove the passenger seat?
If you have done similar interior work before, it really isn't that difficult at all, but for the tight spaces you have to deal with. Aside from possible electrical connection for seats with heat/vent etc. you only have 4 bolts on the rails if I recall properly. You may also have to remove the seat belt mount. All-in-all, if you are experienced maybe 20 minutes.

Quick Reply: Techart Wing installed on 991.2 GTS with PICS