Rennlist Member

Received 205 Likes on 94 Posts

Well done, car looks great!
Old 07-09-2018, 05:33 PM
Panzer966
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by oalvarez
i was quoted around $5k for the wing, paint, and installation on my 991.1 GTS. .hope that helps.
Did you need a new grill or you kept the black one?

OP I Love it, great car. I also love your yellow headlights.
Old 07-09-2018, 06:26 PM
jerryzaiden
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by RobC4sX51
Looks totally amazing! Very unique and T-Art is quality stuff! Got to ask, PDK or manual? That would be a very good reason to get the GTS over the other 2! Enjoy in good health.
PDK

Originally Posted by StormRune
As LavaGTS points out this design appears to have air intake well covered!

I'll also point out that the upper slat area is where the engine gets its intake and some cooling air. The openings under the spoiler are intakes for the turbochargers' intercoolers. On a car with the movable spoiler intake some air slides down a gap at the base of the vertical slats into the intercooler intakes and is sufficient for normal driving. But when you are driving more aggressively the car will raise the spoiler at lower speeds to allow even more air to be directed into the intercoolers. In this TechArt design, the flow to the intercoolers seems to be perpetually maximized!

It's good to see someone has worked out what appears to be a viable 991.2 wing. Thanks for posting the photos OP. It looks nice and aggressive!
Great explanation and thank you!

Originally Posted by subshooter
Looks fantastic!

Can you share cost including installation, wing and painting? Who did the install? (Dealer?)
Because I am in the automotive industry and this car will be at SEMA my price was different. I would assume the price would be in the $5000 range installed. I used the shop next door to me BELLS Auto sport here in Huntington Beach to do the paint work and installation. TAG Motorsports who also posted in this thread seems to do great work.

Originally Posted by ElectricChair
Well done, car looks great!
Thank you!

Originally Posted by Panzer966
Did you need a new grill or you kept the black one?

OP I Love it, great car. I also love your yellow headlights.
The wing came with a new grill.

Everything fit very nicely knowing it is an aftermarket part. So far I am very happy with the decision to install this wing. The guys at Bells did such a great job on the installation and there paintwork is second to none. Look them up, they have done some amazing paint jobs on many high end stock and custom built Porsche 911's.
Old 07-09-2018, 06:43 PM
simplex
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is the wing shipped with some sort of a front spoiler to maintain the f/r aero balance?
Old 07-18-2018, 06:21 PM
TAGMotorsports
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 380 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by virage
Is the wing shipped with some sort of a front spoiler to maintain the f/r aero balance?
Techart has a complete Aerokit but the pieces are sold individually.

web: www.TAGMotorsports.com - email: sales@tagmotorsports.com
Authorized Dealer For: HRE, Vossen, TechArt, AWE, Bilstien, KW, Akrapovic, Capristo, Fabspseed, BBI, Vorsteiner, Milltek, 1016 Industries, BBS, Brembo, GMG, H&R, Pirelli, Michelin, Hankook & more.

TechArt & AWE Tuning's #1 Volume Dealer Nationwide
Old 07-18-2018, 11:14 PM
titan7
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

Looks awesome!!!
Old 07-18-2018, 11:30 PM
jnkirk1974
Rennlist Member

Received 275 Likes on 124 Posts

Does the wing cause the aero to be off balance without the front installed as well? In other words, any risk of lift in the front at high speed?
Old 10-10-2018, 04:30 PM
jerryzaiden
Rennlist Member

I am not an aero expert but have taken the car well over average speeds with no ill effect.
Old 10-10-2018, 04:44 PM
jerryzaiden
Rennlist Member

I also just changed out the wheels for a set custom made by Rotiform.

Old 10-10-2018, 06:26 PM
Psorcery
Banned

Received 170 Likes on 126 Posts

Very nice! What's with the yellow tint?
Old 10-10-2018, 06:33 PM
jerryzaiden
Rennlist Member

I had the headlights tinted yellow but now they are back to clear.
Old 10-10-2018, 07:52 PM
Copperhead37
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Car looks great.
I recently purchased a tech art wing of the same design for my 981 Cayman. I unfortunately had a very bad experience with my wing. I had a authorized sponsored Porsche body shop paint and install it. Within 1 day in the Florida sun it would bubble/ blister the paint on top of the wing. The shop sanded it down and found a significant number of voids in the wing material. They sealed it and repainted two more times before resolving the issue mostly. It was never 100% resolved. I contacted Techart North America and techart germany North America representative and sent both of them pictures of the issue and they refused to respond. I since have found several other threads and complaints of similar issues with there products. I wish you all the best and hope you never experience these issues. But I felt compelled to share so the community at least knows there is a 50 -50 chance of success/failure with this product.
Old 10-10-2018, 07:59 PM
jerryzaiden
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Copperhead37
Car looks great.
I recently purchased a tech art wing of the same design for my 981 Cayman. I unfortunately had a very bad experience with my wing. I had a authorized sponsored Porsche body shop paint and install it. Within 1 day in the Florida sun it would bubble/ blister the paint on top of the wing. The shop sanded it down and found a significant number of voids in the wing material. They sealed it and repainted two more times before resolving the issue mostly. It was never 100% resolved. I contacted Techart North America and techart germany North America representative and sent both of them pictures of the issue and they refused to respond. I since have found several other threads and complaints of similar issues with there products. I wish you all the best and hope you never experience these issues. But I felt compelled to share so the community at least knows there is a 50 -50 chance of success/failure with this product.
Sounds like more of an issue with the prep of the part before it was painted. So far so good for me. I have had the wing on the car for a few months and it has sat outside in 100 degree+ temps all summer. Bummer you had to deal with the issues you had.
Old 10-10-2018, 08:06 PM
TAGMotorsports
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 380 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by Copperhead37
Car looks great.
Sorry to hear about your experience. I've only had one client who had a similar issue with his wing. He took it to a body shop and they had the same bubbling with the paint and difficulty installing the wing. That being said, I cannot emphasize how it important it is to properly prep these items.

These do require extra work before any body shop should attempt to paint them. We've done many, many Techart Aero Pieces and have not ever had issues whatsoever.

Did you keep the wing on the car?
Old 10-10-2018, 09:19 PM
Copperhead37
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

The prep was done correctly. I refuse to pay to be on a forum or I would post a picture proving the voids made into the part. The problem occurs when the clear coat is added. It seals the part. Preventing the off gassing and creates the bubbles. Like I stated it is about a 50/50 shot as to whether you are going to experience this problem or not.

i didn’t mean to hijack the thread just add a second experience. I do love the look and think the lava orange GTS is beautiful. Congrats again enjoy.

Quick Reply: Techart Wing installed on 991.2 GTS with PICS