Sponsored by:

Girodisc Rotors

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2021, 10:23 AM
Toothengineer
Rennlist Member

Received 165 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by awrryan
I was at Sebring last weekend and ended up warping all of my rotors. Not sure if it’s because I didn’t do a proper cool down in extremely warm (+90 degree weather) or because they are at or past minimum. I just ordered Girodisc rotors for the front (Part No. A1-032) which is a 350mm disc, but with a smaller hat that will allow me to use a GT3-size pad in my OEM Carrera S front brake calipers. I also bought Sebro slotted rear discs because I was concerned about using spacers on the rear calipers to be able to fit 350mm Girodisc rear rotors. That said, I am also probably being a bit lazy also: I have Tarett brake caliper studs and did not feel like swapping them out for longer studs that will allow the use of spacers. Time is really short these days so I thought it would just be easier to use Sebro OEM-size rear rotors for now. For pads, I am considering using an OEM GT3 pad for the fronts and OEM Carrera pads for the rear. My rear pads still have plenty of life left. I’ll report back after the install. Not expecting signifant braking improvements, but I am expecting better heat dissipation and less wear.

Just reading over this thread as my OEM pads and done and OEM rotors are close to being done; looking at the Girodisc pads and rotors as a replacement. Was told yesterday I will need to break differently for street driving on these; but should see better stopping power and longer wear on the track. How have yours been and have you kept running OEM pads on them?

Thanks in advance.
Old 06-28-2021, 09:19 PM
CarreraFahrer
Racer

Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Toothengineer
Was told yesterday I will need to break differently for street driving on these; but should see better stopping power and longer wear on the track. How have yours been and have you kept running OEM pads on them?
Why would you have to brake differently? This mod is more about increasing longevity and heat dissipation on track than improving stopping power.
Old 08-31-2024, 11:05 PM
Kirk Pixler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Girodisk & Endless Pads (street & track one pad)

Originally Posted by mikex25
I myself am going to eventually do the GiroDisc and would like to know your review regarding mixing the GT3 and Carrera pads. I am still searching for a trackable street pad.
I've been driving with Girodisk 350mm (front & back) on my 2013 911 4S for four years now. Spacers not a problem. Ordered new Endless MX-72 pads and Teratt Engineering studs (they have longer ones for spacer use) from Girodisk.
The Endless pads are good for both track and street use with the added benefit of low pad dust and low or no noise.
This is a huge benefit over using the Porsche GTS/991.2 pads on the front as dust and noise has been annoying.
Hope this helps.

Quick Reply: Girodisc Rotors