Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Value of a Desirable PTS color on a Carrera

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2018, 01:47 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Talk about resale!!! Someone has it figured out I thought print magazines were disposable and dead in this age.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F282964493999

This magazine publisher must have smart friends.
Old 06-03-2018, 03:16 PM
Hurricane
Race Car

Received 691 Likes on 314 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
Don't put a front plate on. (-$5,000) at resale with drilled bumper.

That's probably a $160K-$170K build. Close?

What color interior?

By the way, nice looking Targa.
In a front plate state, a front plate does not drop resale by $5k...

Let's not get carried away here...it isn't the same as a CARFAX ding for a fender bender...
Old 06-03-2018, 03:19 PM
Hurricane
Race Car

Originally Posted by PTS-BRG

My Goodness, so persistent..
Gorgeous car! I think options or PTS only add value (although most likely not as much as MSRP) if they are highly desirable. Great color, your car looks great!
Old 06-03-2018, 07:17 PM
TexasRider
Late Porkchops
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by stout
Funny, and 100% as illogical (and maybe less intelligent, from a resale standpoint), I could do without PTS on a GT car where I felt strongly about it on a Carrera. Go figure...

^ And there's the market reality when it comes to PTS.

Popular PTS colors may do well on resale. Hot Pink or Sepia will likely be "sale-proof"...meaning hard to move at any price, even one under that of a black or silver car. I know which one I'd rather have, and it wouldn't be the PTS car. Then you have other factors, like miles, condition, etc .

I guess I view PTS the same way I view "fun cars": It's best to buy what you like and will enjoy.
Ive been around these and sports cars for about 30 years but Ive only bought two used ones. So Im probably not the market they seek. Heck I wont even pay ADM - so that speaks to my own reality's.

However I wasnt going to select Glitzing Gold or Marvelous Magenta on any PTS anyway.

I say buy the one that suits you. All this other hemhawing about making X on the next sale to the next owner might be dependent on the lunar phases of the moon.
Old 06-03-2018, 07:34 PM
alex_c
Rennlist Member

Received 371 Likes on 124 Posts

My Goodness, so persistent..

Now THAT'S a PTS that I would pay more to get! Beautiful Targa, congrats!
Old 06-03-2018, 07:38 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

Received 1,309 Likes on 609 Posts

Nice car! Same PTS British Racing Green as the 911R Preuninger was driving for a while, looks like.

Originally Posted by STG
Talk about resale!!! Someone has it figured out I thought print magazines were disposable and dead in this age.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F282964493999

This magazine publisher must have smart friends.
Ha. Maybe someone on eBay is smarter than we are, as you can still get that issue on our website for $12.50 over the regular subscription price. On the other hand, the Prototyp issue is now NLA, and I think two of the other back issues are now getting very low. That may present an interesting problem as we head for Monterey car week as well as Rennsport Reunion. We'd like to have a few boxes of everything on hand, but it won't be easy to justify second print runs for multiple issues.
Old 06-03-2018, 07:40 PM
PTS-BRG
Three Wheelin'

Received 630 Likes on 344 Posts

Thanks Alex. Give me a few more days when its finished to see what tasteful mods I did and I will post a bunch of pics.
Doing XPEL PPF full car, Crystalline 3M Tints at a very light 70% all around, Painted rear reflectors, Toms hidden plate bracket, Clear turn signals, Headlight rings in matte black, etc..
Then come the performance mods which will be ordered now but, installed after a month or so after I put some miles on it..
Old 06-03-2018, 07:49 PM
STG
Race Director

Thanks Alex. Give me a few more days when its finished to see what tasteful mods I did and I will post a bunch of pics.
Doing XPEL PPF full car, Crystalline 3M Tints at a very light 70% all around, Painted rear reflectors, Toms hidden plate bracket, Clear turn signals, Headlight rings in matte black, etc..
Then come the performance mods which will be ordered now but, installed after a month or so after I put some miles on it..

I do like the color. I remember it in the R. Very sharp. You have a 1 of 1 build.

Why didn't you get the black version headlights?

What performance mods are you thinking about? Don't tell me a BOOSTADDICT tune??
Old 06-03-2018, 08:06 PM
PTS-BRG
Three Wheelin'

I preferred the look of the bulbs of the Xenon but, preferred the black ring of the LED's. I also preferred saving $5000 or whatever the cost was as my build was already way out of hand.

I never saw the previous persons BRG R but, it sounds like it would be very nice. I chose this color because my father always told me his first and favorite sports car as a kid was a BRG Jaguar XKE. So, it was like an Homage to him and he is still living so he is going to love seeing it in person..
Old 06-03-2018, 08:12 PM
Hurricane
Race Car

I preferred the look of the bulbs of the Xenon but, preferred the black ring of the LED's. I also preferred saving $5000 or whatever the cost was as my build was already way out of hand.

I never saw the previous persons BRG R but, it sounds like it would be very nice. I chose this color because my father always told me his first and favorite sports car as a kid was a BRG Jaguar XKE. So, it was like an Homage to him and he is still living so he is going to love seeing it in person..
Very cool! Such a great color.

I also preferred the look of the Xenon over the LEDs and couldn't justify the cost. Your car looks great with the Xenons!
Old 06-03-2018, 08:31 PM
STG
Race Director

Surprised they never released black xenons for .2

Must be trying to milk people for the LED upgrade
Old 06-03-2018, 08:36 PM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Received 1,096 Likes on 655 Posts

Originally Posted by Dewinator
Well I would think the green should do alright on resale since it was a classic Porsche color and they don’t have any normal greens anymore.
There hasn’t been ANY green offered in the 991 series other than through PTS. Last available non-PTS green was in the 997s.
I expect to lose money on this car, like every other car I have owned. The best I ever did was the ‘87 Venetian Blue Carrera coupe I bought in ‘94 for $28,500, DD it in good weather untill 2001 and sold it back to the original owner for $25k to buy a ‘98 C2S in Arena Red.

I like greens. My first car was a ‘69 GTO in Verduro Green and my current Tundra is Timberline Metallic. Stout’s Oak Green Metallic was on my short list as well as BRG, Brewster and Irish. Ended up saying “what the heck” and went with Viper. Cheerful color.
Old 06-03-2018, 08:56 PM
STG
Race Director

A.P.'s 911R in British Racing Green. The silver wheels have made a big comeback. Seeing them a lot again.

Name:  photo557.jpg
Views: 401
Size:  742.8 KB
Old 06-03-2018, 08:58 PM
PTS-BRG
Three Wheelin'

You see he would benefit from my headlights with silver ring and I would from his with black ring. When I see him I'll ask if he wants to swap
Old 06-03-2018, 09:10 PM
STG
Race Director

You see he would benefit from my headlights with silver ring and I would from his with black ring. When I see him I'll ask if he wants to swap

Yes, his R would look better with the silver headlights.

Quick Reply: Value of a Desirable PTS color on a Carrera