530WHP 991.2 BOOSTADDICT STAGE 1 REVIEW

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2018, 12:27 PM
soler18
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jasonfreed
Sorry to hear your issue.

I'd immediately pull the turbos and go back to stock - LIKE NOW. Do not drive the car like this - you have zero clue what timing or air-fuel ratio this tune is running and can risk your motor. Not worth it IMO.

Get a full refund and move on.

Huge mistake to continue with these clowns. Do you think it's going to get any better? Sounds like they have almost no idea what the hell they are doing.

SKIP - back to stock and wait for a real solution.
sticky is refusing a refund and I opened a dispute with PayPal, the case is being reviewed. I don’t know what to do anymore
Old 05-28-2018, 12:32 PM
Johnny5Alive
Burning Brakes

Received 327 Likes on 132 Posts

Yes I just looked and he was the one who got banned. Did you read his tirades of crap? Why would you trust your 6 figure car to someone like that?
Old 05-28-2018, 12:36 PM
alex_c
Rennlist Member

Received 390 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by soler18
sticky is refusing a refund and I opened a dispute with PayPal, the case is being reviewed. I don’t know what to do anymore
Dispute also with your credit card issuer.
Old 05-28-2018, 01:11 PM
jasonfreed
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

You don't know what do - OK, let me help.

Spend your own money to put the car BACK TO STOCK.

NOW - don't wait, just go back to stock.

Then, dispute the charge or do whatever you need to do. If you need to sue him, sue him. But, if you can afford a $100,000 car and can afford to spend more modding it, you can certainly afford to put it back to stock.

I cannot stand idiots like him who lie. Honest mistakes happen, lying is not acceptable.
Old 05-28-2018, 01:26 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Aren't these cars fast enough?? These two bit tunes that F*CK everything up and put more stress and potential engine issues long term, not to mention VOID warranty. Have fun!

I thought the .2's are torque monsters and the fastest thing since the space shuttle?

Last edited by STG; 05-28-2018 at 02:06 PM.
Old 05-28-2018, 01:32 PM
DaniMonteiro991
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by speedyj
Can u please tell me more about your race with the m4? What speeds? Was the m4 manual? I just sold my m3 comp and im very certain it was faster than a base
Yes, from 60km/h and from 0. From 0 isn't even a comparison, from 60km/h to 200km/h I give him 1 car of advantage. Mine PDK and M4 CP, DCT of course.
Old 05-28-2018, 01:33 PM
ducstar
Instructor

Sorry to hear this. What a nightmare. Hope you can put your car back to stock and resolve this soon.
Old 05-28-2018, 01:36 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,620 Likes on 1,628 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnny5Alive
Wasn’t sticky the same one that antagonized everyone here and then got banned?
That's what I thought
Old 05-28-2018, 01:38 PM
.2PDK
Race Car

Received 1,277 Likes on 766 Posts

Originally Posted by STG

I thought the .2's torque monsters were the fastest thing since the space shuttle?
Old 05-28-2018, 01:42 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,620 Likes on 1,628 Posts

Also, this story was inevitable once the Carrera became turbocharged. Been played out ad nauseum on so many other turbocharged forums. False and broken promises, sup-par products, apportions of blame by the vendor, request for a refund, refusal, posting of texts / emails / DM's. Videos of bad performance and CEL's. It's a sad tale.

OP, sorry this happened. Revert your car to stock, send the Turbos back, get a refund and wait for a real product.
Old 05-28-2018, 01:53 PM
erko1905
Rennlist Member

Received 100 Likes on 61 Posts

It seems like you have all your conversations pretty much in writing - a fairly straight forward breach of contract if you ask me (your verbal agreement being the contract) so you should go ahead and sue him. Shouldn't cost much to file a complaint at the civil court.
Old 05-28-2018, 01:59 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by JPMD
What a disaster.
I hope this gets resolved soon. Thanks for taking the time and having the courage to share your experience and warn others.
+1 A very painful read. I can imagine your frustration. Hope all resolved soon / well.
Old 05-28-2018, 02:04 PM
soler18
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sorry to hear your issue.

I'd immediately pull the turbos and go back to stock - LIKE NOW. Do not drive the car like this - you have zero clue what timing or air-fuel ratio this tune is running and can risk your motor. Not worth it IMO.

Get a full refund and move on.

Huge mistake to continue with these clowns. Do you think it's going to get any better? Sounds like they have almost no idea what the hell they are doing.

SKIP - back to stock and wait for a real solution.
You don't know what do - OK, let me help.

Spend your own money to put the car BACK TO STOCK.

NOW - don't wait, just go back to stock.

Then, dispute the charge or do whatever you need to do. If you need to sue him, sue him. But, if you can afford a $100,000 car and can afford to spend more modding it, you can certainly afford to put it back to stock.

I cannot stand idiots like him who lie. Honest mistakes happen, lying is not acceptable.
Originally Posted by Needsdecaf
Also, this story was inevitable once the Carrera became turbocharged. Been played out ad nauseum on so many other turbocharged forums. False and broken promises, sup-par products, apportions of blame by the vendor, request for a refund, refusal, posting of texts / emails / DM's. Videos of bad performance and CEL's. It's a sad tale.

OP, sorry this happened. Revert your car to stock, send the Turbos back, get a refund and wait for a real product.
im scared to send my parts to him I don’t want them to go missing on accident.. I would have to send them to GINTANI the tuner and the machinering place where they were machined.
Old 05-28-2018, 02:15 PM
jasonfreed
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

im scared to send my parts to him I don’t want them to go missing on accident.. I would have to send them to GINTANI the tuner and the machinering place where they were machined.
wait - are you saying you no longer have your stock turbos?

I'm confused - did they modify your stock turbos?

Do you have an extra ECU that was tuned or did they tune your stock ECU?
Old 05-28-2018, 02:22 PM
PTS-BRG
Three Wheelin'

Received 636 Likes on 347 Posts

Im pretty sure he probably gave them his stock turbos as a core charge and sent his ECU to be flashed and cracked.
There are guys who are able to crack and flash the ECU now for Cobb in anticipation of their tune.
I suggest you send your ECU to one of them and see if they can overwrite the Gitani tune back to stock

Quick Reply: 530WHP 991.2 BOOSTADDICT STAGE 1 REVIEW