Sponsored by:

530WHP 991.2 BOOSTADDICT STAGE 1 REVIEW

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2018, 08:14 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by soler18
This is not an attack on an individual/vendor this is a review and the truth of what I have been through and have experienced and would like everyone to know what has happened to me.
2017 991.2 Porsche Carrera S (non-pse)

I purchased Joseph Wilk’s (forum name sticky) the owner of BoostAddicts.com stage 1 Upgraded Turbos and ECU software tune (GINTANI tune) the price was $3995 for the upgraded turbos and $1995 for the tune on March 26,2018.

I was promised that I would receive the upgraded turbos/tune in 24hours as delivered. I was promised a car making 530whp with the tune and turbos. I was promised a very smooth and easy upgrade/transaction which turned into a nightmare, and this is my story with evidence.

The car was in Velosdesignswerks shop and has been sitting there for three weeks with no turbos/tune. So much for 24 hours eh.

Story: Sticky sold me upgraded turbos/tune insisted I would make 530whp no matter what, stated it would take only 24 hours at most, ended up taking 3 weeks on his part lied to me every day saying the tune was ready and the turbos were getting assembled this weekend, excuses after excuses. Blamed Velosdesignswerks for the CEL which popped up after I picked up the car, car ran perfectly fine. Just a CEL code was (P2262) boost not detected. Then I explained that when I floor the car it wont shift automatically in automatic PDK from third to fourth stutters and then rpm falls, terrible feeling. Also turbo boost is malfunctioning. Sticky then explained my car was running like this because of me not having gapped spark plugs which was holding my car back from making 530whp. Anyways I raced a tuned bmw m4 owner stated had 430whp and loss by a few cars. The vehicles tune is by GINTANI i spoke with Alex and he said the ecu most likely needs a revision because he tuned my car as a Carrera BASE and not the Carrera S, which is why I am having technical difficulties. Sticky claims he did not know of this but sold me a tune stating works for every Carrera model and guarenteed numbers and charts. There is a lot more to the story I will attach full text messages pdf if your interested as well as deleted private messages. Hope none of you ever have to go through this like I did.
Joseph Wilk(sticky) and my txt messages admits multiple times the tune is incorrect and not my my vehicle model... in which he states the BoostAddict stage 1 package is for the Base, S , GTS

Backed up BoostAddict private messages PDF FILES

Videos of car stuttering rpm break up and turbo spooling incorrectly due to false tune will upload tmw just wanted to get this out now!

bmw m4 vs 991.2 carrera S -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiEl...ature=youtu.be

What a circus .....
Old 05-28-2018, 08:19 PM
soler18
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 991.1's are slow
Very interesting to see people so quick to judge without the details and throwing Sticky under the bus simply believing Soler. Here is the truth: https://www.****************/showthre...dict-turbo-kit

First of all, it's not his car. It's his dad's car. Only one person correctly surmised there was an issue before the turbo kit due to him street racing it with less than 900 miles.

Furthermore, he conveniently left out Sticky offered to give him a full refund THREE TIMES. Soler declined to go street racing with daddy's Porsche.

Soler also said he had no money to diagnose the issue. Why? Daddy's car. Sticky paid out of pocket for new plugs and offered to pay out of pocket for any ecu revisions and diagnostics. He said first the car needed to be diagnosed to see what is wrong as it seems to be hardware related.

Sticky offered to pay for an AP which is coming out shortly but spoiled impatient brat Soler won't wait. He wants to keep street racing. Look at the text messages where Sticky pleads with him to stop street racing until he finds out what is wrong with the car.

Soler expected Sticky to pay for his parts like an exhaust. He's trying to extort free parts because he has no money.

Wow are people quick to issue blame. The truth is two cars are running this turbo kit without issue and three companies have now blacklisted Soler due to his antics and childish behavior. You can't help someone who won't listen.

By the way, haven't several people on this forum and others done business with Sticky? Hasn't he been in business almost a decade? Weird that it's with this kid playing with daddy's car who is trying to get free parts that he is suddenly a 'scammer' isn't it? Why would big companies even do business with him if he was a scammer? Uh, because he isn't.

So on one hand we have multiple 991.2 cars running strong with a top end turbo kit (look into who makes it!) and in the other an impatient kid street racing dad's car across Florida. Gee I wonder what went wrong.
Make whatever assumptions you want the other side of the story is laid out. Go read it or ignore it, up to you.

His dad's car had some hardware issue beforehand. What is it? We don't know. He's blaming software now but he isn't willing to even properly diagnose it.

You might have missed all his posts about how great the car was running and how strong it pulled but he ran into some sort of misfire. He was sent plugs for free. Instead of waiting for plugs he kept beating on the car street racing it and likely overreved or hit the limiter so hard as to cause an issue with the valvetrain.

We don't know. All we do know is he wouldn't stop racing and even filmed his races while being told to wait to properly diagnose it. An impatient brat who didn't value dad's property.
First of all I did not have any hardware issue beforehand you liar. You know its software based even ALEX@GINTANI told me the MAF SENSOR is 100% being maxed out and that the tune is for STICKYS carrera base and not the Carrera S, when I first called Alex he wanted nothing to do with any of this and was very angry and disappointed with sticky because now I am his problem since he tuned my car. Also Velosdesignwerks and TuneRS Motorsports the shops I had my work done are going to confirm that its nothing dealing with hardware related the car is brand new and everything is working fine the software is the problem, Sticky is a scam artist. Also I told you the car was running slow and I questioned if you even upgraded my turbos. is it me or is 991.1s are slow Sticky in disguise because he seems to know every detail of my story by heart hmm.
The following users liked this post:
subaru335i (11-11-2020)
Old 05-28-2018, 08:23 PM
soler18
Intermediate

Absolutely false. Gintani identified this was an S ecu immediately. I don't know why you think this.

You were told this was early in the tuning process but you didn't care. You were told there might be software revisions. You just wanted to street race.

Nobody knows what is wrong with your car because you don't have money to take it anywhere to get it diagnosed. You just want to lash out like the kid you are.

Nobody wants to deal with you any longer. Good luck.
Gintani identified it as an S and thats why you took a whole month to get my ECU and turbos back to me huh and you forgot to ship my turbo oil pan causing more down time. Just admit it you scum.
Sticky please show me before the purchase where you told me "there might be software revisions" please I did not see that in all my private messages I have filed of you and our chats.
Old 05-28-2018, 08:26 PM
soler18
Intermediate

You have been banned for the following reason:
Warranty voided, blacklisted from all Tial products

Date the ban will be lifted: Never

Thanks I can add this to my paypal files in my dispute case
Old 05-28-2018, 08:28 PM
soler18
Intermediate

Alex didn't want to deal you with you any longer as you're impatient and blaming HIM for all of YOUR issues. We have no idea as to what might be wrong so instead of working to resolve it you go and race, and race, and race. Do you run in a marathon with a sprained ankle?

Good, have some shops confirm that it is not hardware related. Figure out what might be wrong.

How is he a scam artist when texts are posted where he pays for everything, gives you a discount, rushes orders to accommodate you, and offers a full refund? He clearly saw he was dealing with an immature kid and wanted out but you said no to a refund THREE TIMES.

You didn't listen to anyone and likely damaged the car just as you said in your text message that read, 'I think I hurt it bad.' You were told not to race and diagnose the issue plus wait for logging ability but simply did not do that.

A lesson learned the hard way. Next time don't be an early adopter and blame others when you don't follow directions. The companies involved all have blacklisted you. Good luck.
See you in civil court Joseph Wilk
The following users liked this post:
subaru335i (11-11-2020)
Old 05-28-2018, 08:29 PM
arter
Rennlist Member

Received 153 Likes on 93 Posts

Alex didn't want to deal you with you any longer as you're impatient and blaming HIM for all of YOUR issues. We have no idea as to what might be wrong so instead of working to resolve it you go and race, and race, and race. Do you run in a marathon with a sprained ankle?

Good, have some shops confirm that it is not hardware related. Figure out what might be wrong.

How is he a scam artist when texts are posted where he pays for everything, gives you a discount, rushes orders to accommodate you, and offers a full refund? He clearly saw he was dealing with an immature kid and wanted out but you said no to a refund THREE TIMES.

You didn't listen to anyone and likely damaged the car just as you said in your text message that read, 'I think I hurt it bad.' You were told not to race and diagnose the issue plus wait for logging ability but simply did not do that.

A lesson learned the hard way. Next time don't be an early adopter and blame others when you don't follow directions. The companies involved all have blacklisted you. Good luck.

So have Sticky offer him a refund a forth time and end this.
Old 05-28-2018, 08:30 PM
PJ Cayenne
Rennlist Member

Received 300 Likes on 181 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
Aren't these cars fast enough?? These two bit tunes that F*CK everything up and put more stress and potential engine issues long term, not to mention VOID warranty. Have fun!

I thought the .2's are torque monsters and the fastest thing since the space shuttle?
I don't understand the need to increase power on brand new, warranteed cars that are already fast as hell. I have to laugh when someone thinks that Skicky and his ilk can engineer a complex modern engine better than Porsche.
Old 05-28-2018, 08:34 PM
erko1905
Burning Brakes

Received 86 Likes on 56 Posts

You know I just read sticky's link more carefully - he actually might have a point.

Soler18 you seem to clearly mention PDK not shifting as it is supposed to, why on earth wouldn't you just tap the shifter to save your car/engine is beyond me but that could be pretty destructive if you spend a lot of time up top at redline, car not broken in, a tune not having a chance to be fully polished yet - definitely could be the perfect storm to kill the car. I'd be pretty upset if I were your dad, i'm not even sure if this dad story has legs or not tbh but whatever.

I have to admit deep down I didn't want to agree with sticky because his arrogance rubs me the wrong way but it does seem like he has a point here.

Regardless of what he promised, being at the cutting edge of tuning does require a lot of tolerance as things get developed, that's true - I'm not sure how well sticky communicated that to our wounded party here though.
Old 05-28-2018, 08:36 PM
erko1905
Burning Brakes

Well he only asks him not to race and not beat on the car 1000 times. Maybe 1001 would have done it.
Dude we know it's you, just use first person for God's sake
Old 05-28-2018, 08:37 PM
erko1905
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by RR_Rated
991.1's are slow.... but it's okay to troll 991.1's but anyone that pokes holes in 991.2 propaganda is immediately banned?
Hell yeah - I am behind this message 100%

Welcome back
Old 05-28-2018, 08:41 PM
soler18
Intermediate

Originally Posted by erko1905
You know I just read sticky's link more carefully - he actually might have a point.

Soler18 you seem to clearly mention PDK not shifting as it is supposed to, why on earth wouldn't you just tap the shifter to save your car/engine is beyond me but that could be pretty destructive if you spend a lot of time up top at redline, car not broken in, a tune not having a chance to be fully polished yet - definitely could be the perfect storm to kill the car. I'd be pretty upset if I were your dad, i'm not even sure if this dad story has legs or not tbh but whatever.

I have to admit deep down I didn't want to agree with sticky because his arrogance rubs me the wrong way but it does seem like he has a point here.

Regardless of what he promised, being at the cutting edge of tuning does require a lot of tolerance as things get developed, that's true - I'm not sure how well sticky communicated that to our wounded party here though.
I did as it stuttered I would tap it into fourth as a natural instinct, Also it is not my dads car it is mine. I told sticky it was my dads to speed him up because he guaranteed this 24 hour time period and less than a week and takes a month, then he goes on about it being not rushed and perfection when it is finished it is horrible. Just refund me and drop the whole thing your burying yourself deeper and deeper.
Old 05-28-2018, 08:42 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

All you boost addicts, here's a nice glance at the clowns here offering these unicorn tunes. Good luck. I wouldn't let these clowns top off the air in my tires.
Old 05-28-2018, 08:45 PM
AnandN
Rennlist Member

Received 388 Likes on 253 Posts

I don’t understand why the moderators are even allowing this ridiculous conversation to go on.
Old 05-28-2018, 08:47 PM
4 Point 0
Rennlist Member

Received 1,197 Likes on 634 Posts

Alright, now I'm confused.......Would the real slim shady please stand up?
Old 05-28-2018, 08:50 PM
PJ Cayenne
Rennlist Member

Received 300 Likes on 181 Posts

Just tell the truth about whose car it is. Just tell the truth about beating on it. Just tell the truth about declining refunds and trying to extort money now to go buy a Cobb AP because you have no job.

I hate to break this to you, but it's not the software. Something is wrong hardware wise with your car. Cobb isn't going to fix it but only help diagnose it. If you were patient the issue would be identified and this would be resolved at no cost to you.

Now, you're going to have to do it on your own without the help of anyone in the industry who is doing these modifications.

You made your bed. Enjoy.
He plugged your stuff in, didn't work, he's not happy, refund his money. If this transaction is going on through the mail, you'd better be sure it's plug and play. Well it isn't.

Quick Reply: 530WHP 991.2 BOOSTADDICT STAGE 1 REVIEW