Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

530WHP 991.2 BOOSTADDICT STAGE 1 REVIEW

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2018 | 06:50 PM
soler18
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Porsche_nuts
After enduring sticky's obnoxious posts here, not too surprising to hear how easy he'd screw someone. Never trust a guy who gloats about how great he is and how he can do this and do that. OP, hope you get it all sorted out and get your car fixed right and got your money back.
thank you, I hope so to..
Old 05-28-2018 | 06:50 PM
subwoofer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 911-TOUR
I'm sorry to see this mess (and it is a mess). I'll agree with most here - put the car back to stock (if you can). It's a $$ lesson.

<soapbox>
I suspect that the engineers at Porsche who know something about the software on these cars would warn you off of flashing the ECU. This isn't like the old days (90s) where only a few static curves controlled timing and fuel-air ratios; there are now myriad feedback loops and real-time adjustments to combustion charges based on load and sensors. I'm not sure anyone outside of Porsche could even reliably alter the ECU software without causing problems somewhere in the software. Sure, a clever person can figure out where a few things are in the code and make adjustments - but without the original source (which I'd be surprised if Porsche shares) - what are the chances there are no side effects?

If you want 530 whp, buy a Turbo/Turbo S. That's why they make 'em :-)
</soapbox>
I agree. But folks want more power and this is cheapest way to get it without spending for a turbo S. Even those cars are 'tuned'.
Thankfully, I haven't caught this bug maybe because I am older and in my fifties. My C4S with its 420 measly hp is so damn fast already and so balanced. I would hate to mess with its balance in pursuit of more power. I am hesitant to even swap out the standard exhaust with an aftermarket one not only becasue of the cost but also because I don't want to deal with emissions isssues and CELs. To each their won. The OP spent a bunch of money and they messed up his car. Hopefully, they can return it stock and refund most of his money.
Old 05-28-2018 | 07:36 PM
PTS-BRG
Three Wheelin'

Any Cobb tuned car is experimental and under development as there hasn't been a single tune offered to the public yet. I would think that anyone running a Cobb tune would have no problem just going back to Cobb to have them clear up any CEL's. Sorry, but I have to call bull**** on that one..

Feel free to shut me up, prove me wrong and clear up any misinformation by letting the owner of the Cobb tuned car come on here and show us some proof.. $100 via PayPal says it won't happen, so now you have even more incentive to prove it.
Old 05-28-2018 | 07:41 PM
PTS-BRG
Three Wheelin'

Phone call won't show the AP connected to the car or the CEL light or the actual car in question. So, no a phone call from a random stranger telling me they have a CEL on a Cobb tune won't even remotely suffice.
Old 05-28-2018 | 07:43 PM
PTS-BRG
Three Wheelin'

You new to describing a phone call as being the same as a text message?
Post it up for the world to see. Doesn't matter if I believe it, dont you want the entire forum to see?
Old 05-28-2018 | 07:45 PM
ducstar
Instructor

lol, this story is getting interesting. A 20yr old mods his dads Porsche with less than 1k miles on it..
Old 05-28-2018 | 07:48 PM
4 Point 0
Rennlist Member

Some interesting points. First off I agree......991.1's are slow. : ) It has addressed a question I was wanting to ask. The plug gap issue. Every other turbo car I have tuned, it was recommended that I put fresh, gapped down plugs in it, when increasing boost. So that is 100% normal and expected. I have seen plenty of M4's have issues because they never did this, and then they were perfect, after they did this. So I did the plugs first and never had a single issue.
(For comedy purposes, think of the gap in the plug is too wide, and the extra boost blows the spark out, like a candle on a birthday cake.)

I am waiting for COBB. I will do the plugs before the COBB also.

Gintanni have been blowing up super charged BMW's for many years. LOL. (They are not a no name brand. They do tend to be out on the bleeding edge of testing, and that's where things go bad. Early adopters beware.)

The OP is an early adopter. He has to accept delays. They will be able to fix your issues. But it will take time. I don't feel this is a reflection on Sticky, or even Ginatni, as this is the bleeding edge. The first few will have teething problems.

Why else do you think the majority of us wait for COBB. Do you think we like to wait? NO, I am impatient. I want my COBB NOW!!! But I know it is better to let the bugs be worked out first.
Old 05-28-2018 | 07:49 PM
PTS-BRG
Three Wheelin'

Post any evidence right here. If the forum members deem it as legit you have my word $100 will be in your account.
And if the Forum feels its BS then please make sure you have $100 ready to go. I could use those vinyl headlight ring covers from KI....
Old 05-28-2018 | 07:55 PM
erko1905
Rennlist Member

I love how sticky keeps coming back to Rennlist. I guess you gotta do what you gotta do to have a chance to respond.

I run a custom pro-tune on my Accessport, had an unsurprising CEL due to headers, went back to my tuner, he cleared that light permanently - it should be as simple as that.

That car seems to have larger issues where the file you guys put on there doesn't seem to be for that car. There are so many tables with these modern 991s these days, one for sport, one for sport plus, another for on-cam off-cam etc, it's endless. Really takes some time & a lot of logging to properly tune one of these cars - it would've been a coincidence if the Gintani tune worked on his car.

What do you mean exactly by "breaking a car by street racing" - do you mean he stepped on the gas pedal? With the tune on?
Old 05-28-2018 | 07:56 PM
PTS-BRG
Three Wheelin'

I spent a lot on my car, but I still have a little left to pay for my own covers, but thanks for the offer.
I am really much more interested in knowing why anyone with a Cobb Tuned car would go to Gitani to clear a CEL..

Its worth $100 to me just to hear the backstory on this, but something tells my my Benjamin aint going anywhere...
Old 05-28-2018 | 07:59 PM
erko1905
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by PTS-BRG
I spent a lot on my car, but I still have a little left to pay for my own covers, but thanks for the offer.
I am really much more interested in knowing why anyone with a Cobb Tuned car would go to Gitani to clear a CEL..

Its worth $100 to me just to hear the backstory on this, but something tells my my Benjamin aint going anywhere...
Yeah Accessport clears codes, resets ECUs, it's pretty handy
Old 05-28-2018 | 08:06 PM
erko1905
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 991.1's are slow
Make whatever assumptions you want the other side of the story is laid out. Go read it or ignore it, up to you.
Absolutely no judgment on my side - you might be right, who knows

His dad's car had some hardware issue beforehand. What is it? We don't know. He's blaming software now but he isn't willing to even properly diagnose it.
C'mon buddy, brand spanking new 900 mile 991.2, what hardware issue? The odds of that being the case is really slim.

You might have missed all his posts about how great the car was running and how strong it pulled but he ran into some sort of misfire. He was sent plugs for free. Instead of waiting for plugs he kept beating on the car street racing it and likely overreved or hit the limiter so hard as to cause an issue with the valvetrain.
Did you move the rev-limiter? Otherwise, the OP strikes me as a PDK type of guy, how would he have over-revved a PDK car?

We don't know. All we do know is he wouldn't stop racing and even filmed his races while being told to wait to properly diagnose it. An impatient brat who didn't value dad's property.
I honestly thought it was you telling him to remove the videos because you didn't want to be associated with a race losing car, maybe I misunderstood that part.

Racing tuned cars in a straight-line is such a pointless exercise anyways.
Old 05-28-2018 | 08:10 PM
soler18
Intermediate

Very interesting to see people so quick to judge without the details and throwing Sticky under the bus simply believing Soler. Here is the truth: https://www.****************/showthre...dict-turbo-kit

First of all, it's not his car. It's his dad's car. Only one person correctly surmised there was an issue before the turbo kit due to him street racing it with less than 900 miles.

Furthermore, he conveniently left out Sticky offered to give him a full refund THREE TIMES. Soler declined to go street racing with daddy's Porsche.

Soler also said he had no money to diagnose the issue. Why? Daddy's car. Sticky paid out of pocket for new plugs and offered to pay out of pocket for any ecu revisions and diagnostics. He said first the car needed to be diagnosed to see what is wrong as it seems to be hardware related.

Sticky offered to pay for an AP which is coming out shortly but spoiled impatient brat Soler won't wait. He wants to keep street racing. Look at the text messages where Sticky pleads with him to stop street racing until he finds out what is wrong with the car.

Soler expected Sticky to pay for his parts like an exhaust. He's trying to extort free parts because he has no money.

Wow are people quick to issue blame. The truth is two cars are running this turbo kit without issue and three companies have now blacklisted Soler due to his antics and childish behavior. You can't help someone who won't listen.

By the way, haven't several people on this forum and others done business with Sticky? Hasn't he been in business almost a decade? Weird that it's with this kid playing with daddy's car who is trying to get free parts that he is suddenly a 'scammer' isn't it? Why would big companies even do business with him if he was a scammer? Uh, because he isn't.

So on one hand we have multiple 991.2 cars running strong with a top end turbo kit (look into who makes it!) and in the other an impatient kid street racing dad's car across Florida. Gee I wonder what went wrong.
Sticky sold me a ECU TUNE that was not even for the Carrera S it was for base model then expects me to be a lab rat so he can develop and produce the Carrera S tune with Gintani once AP comes out on my car. Sticky knew the whole time why my car was faulty and had an engine light and even admit it in the text messages when he offered me a refund he did not tell me "We tuned your carrera S with a carrera base file, that is probably why its a pos" if he would have communicated and not lied so much and so many excuses this would have not been a problem because I would have not purchased his middleman scam tune and upgraded turbos.
Old 05-28-2018 | 08:10 PM
STG
Race Director

Who the hell is this 991.1's are slow?? What a dumb a** forum name. Real creative.

Someone from Sticky's posse?? Another winning name there.
Old 05-28-2018 | 08:13 PM
4 Point 0
Rennlist Member

Insider info: A Cobb tuned car wanted to go to Gintani to clear up CEL's. Upgraded turbo tuning is not something the AP comes with.

A shame to see so much misinformation in this thread.
Originally Posted by PTS-BRG
Any Cobb tuned car is experimental and under development as there hasn't been a single tune offered to the public yet. I would think that anyone running a Cobb tune would have no problem just going back to Cobb to have them clear up any CEL's. Sorry, but I have to call bull**** on that one..

Feel free to shut me up, prove me wrong and clear up any misinformation by letting the owner of the Cobb tuned car come on here and show us some proof.. $100 via PayPal says it won't happen, so now you have even more incentive to prove it.
I think there is a little confusion here. Of course COBB AP can clear codes and no one with one would need to go to Gintani to have a code cleared. I think what "991.1's Are slow" is saying is, that because that guy has up graded turbo's, the COBB tune isn't out for up graded turbo's, and the cell keeps constantly coming back. So the guy was going to Gintani to get a custom "Up Graded Turbo tune" in the hope that it will stop causing cells.

So he is not really going to Gintani to delete the cell. He is getting acustom tune to prevent it constnatly coming back.

Quick Reply: 530WHP 991.2 BOOSTADDICT STAGE 1 REVIEW