Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Porsche Roof Transport System is INCREDIBLE!

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2022, 11:45 PM
MingusDew
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,215 Likes on 612 Posts

Originally Posted by Tier1Terrier
All 991 hard tops have the mounting brackets built in.
Mostly true, I’m pretty sure the GT cars don’t have the attachment points for the factory roof transport system.
Old 10-14-2022, 12:20 AM
Bassman79
Instructor

Received 117 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by MingusDew
Mostly true, I’m pretty sure the GT cars don’t have the attachment points for the factory roof transport system.
Ditto. Carrera and Turbo cars should all have the attachment points under the rubber strip. GT cars don’t.

Lift up the rubber strip on your Turbo S and make sure the attachment points are there. You should be GTG.
Old 10-14-2022, 04:18 AM
civerinos
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you, much appreciated.

The dealer has said this car does not have the code for the points on the spec sheet. Is this a thing or is there a reason there would not be?

Thanks again
Old 10-14-2022, 08:29 AM
Tier1Terrier
Rennlist Member

Received 985 Likes on 492 Posts

Originally Posted by civerinos
Thank you, much appreciated.

The dealer has said this car does not have the code for the points on the spec sheet. Is this a thing or is there a reason there would not be?

Thanks again
Unfortunately, you are dealing with someone who doesn't know that this is not a spec or option. It comes standard.
The following 2 users liked this post by Tier1Terrier:
911T4ME (10-14-2022), civerinos (10-14-2022)
Old 10-14-2022, 01:06 PM
Chris C.
Rennlist Member

Received 537 Likes on 282 Posts

Maybe others can comment (or are smarter but I didn't find the OEM system that great. Pulling up the rubber channel grommets a lot and routing them around the uprights for the PTS distorts them and when not in use they don't sit flush any more.

I bought a sea sucker for bike transport and found it pretty awesome. Only once did on of the suction cups loosen on a 4.5 hour drive and that was easily found while gassing up!

Good luck with the purcase @civerinos

Last edited by Chris C.; 10-14-2022 at 01:07 PM.
Old 10-29-2022, 04:02 PM
Tier1Terrier
Rennlist Member

Received 985 Likes on 492 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris C.
Maybe others can comment (or are smarter but I didn't find the OEM system that great. Pulling up the rubber channel grommets a lot and routing them around the uprights for the PTS distorts them and when not in use they don't sit flush any more.

I bought a sea sucker for bike transport and found it pretty awesome. Only once did on of the suction cups loosen on a 4.5 hour drive and that was easily found while gassing up!

Good luck with the purcase @civerinos
I don't experience the issue with the molding that you described ALTHOUGH, I wouldn't mind ordering a spare set just to have as a backup in the event they start to deform from repeated use. In my opinion, nothing beats the safety and security of having a rack system that is attached to built in attachment points and looks and feels like an OEM product should. I think this is one of the best executed OEM designs that I've seen for a car like this.

I've heard great things about the Sea Suckers but I'm too OCD and the idea of a suction cup coming loose, although I'm sure it happens only seldomly, would drive me nuts. Only if there wasn't an OEM option, or otherwise suitable system from a company like Thule, Yakima, or Inno would I consider the Sea Suckers. But I konw that people who have them love them. I use my rack mostly for rooftop cargo boxes and I just wouldn't trust them at high speeds with such a large wind resisting object on top of them.

I don't think I ever updated this thread with my videos of the Porsche RTS, but here are a couple I made really highlighting it's function.

Old 10-29-2022, 08:01 PM
arter
Rennlist Member

Received 154 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris C.
If you thread the channel up through the uprights like it is designed too, they dont get distorted ( no sharp bends).
Old 12-04-2022, 10:14 PM
Nash911
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Can you tell me which size and any other information you might have. When I go to their site it doesn't show the 911 as compatible.
Old 12-05-2022, 11:57 AM
Jim M.
Rennlist Member

Received 854 Likes on 443 Posts

Originally Posted by civerinos
Hi everyone, little late to the party but im looking for some advice.

I am just in the process of buying a 2015 991 turbo S. I Really need the transport system on this vehicle and the dealership has said this model does not have the system listed on the build spec.

I thought it was standard issue.

Could they be wrong?

Thanks in advance for any help.
They are wrong! I just checked, my 2015 Turbo S has the brackets built in.

Quick Reply: The Porsche Roof Transport System is INCREDIBLE!