Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2018, 08:22 AM
casaforte9
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts
Default GTS wheel options

Hello folks
GTS wheel options :
1) is it possible to build a gts with Carerra sport wheels painted in black etc or you only have a choice between center locks and carerra s wheels painted black ?
2) how is the standard audio compared to Bose ?
Old 05-03-2018, 11:20 AM
lawdawg98
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you only have a choice between:

center lock wheels in stain black
carerra s wheels in satin black
carerra s wheels in silver
carerra s wheels in body color

other folks on the board plz double check me here

please note the carerra s wheels are the 991.2 version which are (slightlly) different than the 991.1 version

Last edited by lawdawg98; 05-03-2018 at 11:21 AM. Reason: 991.1
Old 05-03-2018, 11:50 AM
hbear
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Or go through exclusive to get the centre locks painted, which is $$$$. (Believe there was a member that did that in an old thread).

I stayed with the CLs, I do like how they look better and can live with the additional challenge of switching wheels. That combined with Porsche not giving you “credit” for deselecting the $4500/rim (CAD) option and selecting the much, much cheaper Carrera S wheel just sealed it. The CLs are also slightly wider if I remember correctly.

Old 05-03-2018, 12:19 PM
Ed911.2
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

I went through this when ordering mine. Really liked the RS Spyder design but the dealer said Porsche wouldn’t fit it to the car but he could get me a set then swap them over - but I would end up with an (expensive) spare set of rims.

Eventually gave in and went for the CLs, which have really grown on me.

Audio - Bose is fine in the GTS as it’s a bit noisier than the Carrera/Carrera S due less insulation and wider tyres. Seemed a step up from the standard fit but I haven’t much seat time with the standard. Depends what you listen to and how, I suppose...
Old 05-03-2018, 12:39 PM
casaforte9
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

I wish i could listen to base Audio as most cars have Bose and some Burmeister
Old 05-03-2018, 02:26 PM
Gordon Shumway
Pro

Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by casaforte9
I wish i could listen to base Audio as most cars have Bose and some Burmeister
I specifically ordered the base radio on my 2018 GTS, and it suits my purposes just fine. Now I'm far from an audiophile, and perhaps could be classified as an anti-audiophile, so the radio tends to be just background noise unless it is an audiobook on a trip. My last Porsche had the Bose, and frankly with all the noise the car makes, it hardly seemed anything premium to me, nor can I honestly tell the difference of not having it now in a noisy cockpit. I promised myself that if/when I ordered a sports car I would never waste another nickel on a "premium" sound system. For an SUV or Panamera OK, but never again for a sports car.
Old 05-03-2018, 02:29 PM
Hurricane
Race Car

Received 708 Likes on 323 Posts

Originally Posted by Gordon Shumway
I specifically ordered the base radio on my 2018 GTS, and it suits my purposes just fine. Now I'm far from an audiophile, and perhaps could be classified as an anti-audiophile, so the radio tends to be just background noise unless it is an audiobook on a trip. My last Porsche had the Bose, and frankly with all the noise the car makes, it hardly seemed anything premium to me, nor can I honestly tell the difference of not having it now in a noisy cockpit. I promised myself that if/when I ordered a sports car I would never waste another nickel on a "premium" sound system. For an SUV or Panamera OK, but never again for a sports car.
I do like my Burmester - it sounds absolutely fantastic - but the 911 GTS is certainly a very loud car and not the most ideal space in which to listen to music. Highway speeds it isn't too bad but under acceleration, it can get very noisy LOL.
Old 05-03-2018, 03:51 PM
Nm2far
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by hbear
Or go through exclusive to get the centre locks painted, which is $$$$. (Believe there was a member that did that in an old thread).

I stayed with the CLs, I do like how they look better and can live with the additional challenge of switching wheels. That combined with Porsche not giving you “credit” for deselecting the $4500/rim (CAD) option and selecting the much, much cheaper Carrera S wheel just sealed it. The CLs are also slightly wider if I remember correctly.

.5 inch wider, and forged vs cast. Tires are same though.
Old 05-03-2018, 03:55 PM
Nm2far
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Hurricane
I do like my Burmester - it sounds absolutely fantastic - but the 911 GTS is certainly a very loud car and not the most ideal space in which to listen to music. Highway speeds it isn't too bad but under acceleration, it can get very noisy LOL.
This. If find I drive with the windows down and sunroof open a lot to get a reality check on my velocity, which renders the sound system even more moot.

Quick Reply: GTS wheel options