Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   991 (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-221/)
-   -   GTS wheel options (https://rennlist.com/forums/991/1066787-gts-wheel-options.html)

casaforte9 05-03-2018 08:22 AM

GTS wheel options

Hello folks
GTS wheel options :
1) is it possible to build a gts with Carerra sport wheels painted in black etc or you only have a choice between center locks and carerra s wheels painted black ?
2) how is the standard audio compared to Bose ?

lawdawg98 05-03-2018 11:20 AM

you only have a choice between:

center lock wheels in stain black
carerra s wheels in satin black
carerra s wheels in silver
carerra s wheels in body color

other folks on the board plz double check me here

please note the carerra s wheels are the 991.2 version which are (slightlly) different than the 991.1 version

hbear 05-03-2018 11:50 AM

Or go through exclusive to get the centre locks painted, which is $$$$. (Believe there was a member that did that in an old thread).

I stayed with the CLs, I do like how they look better and can live with the additional challenge of switching wheels. That combined with Porsche not giving you “credit” for deselecting the $4500/rim (CAD) option and selecting the much, much cheaper Carrera S wheel just sealed it. The CLs are also slightly wider if I remember correctly.

Ed911.2 05-03-2018 12:19 PM

I went through this when ordering mine. Really liked the RS Spyder design but the dealer said Porsche wouldn’t fit it to the car but he could get me a set then swap them over - but I would end up with an (expensive) spare set of rims.

Eventually gave in and went for the CLs, which have really grown on me.

Audio - Bose is fine in the GTS as it’s a bit noisier than the Carrera/Carrera S due less insulation and wider tyres. Seemed a step up from the standard fit but I haven’t much seat time with the standard. Depends what you listen to and how, I suppose...

casaforte9 05-03-2018 12:39 PM

I wish i could listen to base Audio as most cars have Bose and some Burmeister

Gordon Shumway 05-03-2018 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by casaforte9 (Post 14984942)
I wish i could listen to base Audio as most cars have Bose and some Burmeister

I specifically ordered the base radio on my 2018 GTS, and it suits my purposes just fine. Now I'm far from an audiophile, and perhaps could be classified as an anti-audiophile, so the radio tends to be just background noise unless it is an audiobook on a trip. My last Porsche had the Bose, and frankly with all the noise the car makes, it hardly seemed anything premium to me, nor can I honestly tell the difference of not having it now in a noisy cockpit. I promised myself that if/when I ordered a sports car I would never waste another nickel on a "premium" sound system. For an SUV or Panamera OK, but never again for a sports car.

Hurricane 05-03-2018 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by Gordon Shumway (Post 14985228)
I specifically ordered the base radio on my 2018 GTS, and it suits my purposes just fine. Now I'm far from an audiophile, and perhaps could be classified as an anti-audiophile, so the radio tends to be just background noise unless it is an audiobook on a trip. My last Porsche had the Bose, and frankly with all the noise the car makes, it hardly seemed anything premium to me, nor can I honestly tell the difference of not having it now in a noisy cockpit. I promised myself that if/when I ordered a sports car I would never waste another nickel on a "premium" sound system. For an SUV or Panamera OK, but never again for a sports car.

I do like my Burmester - it sounds absolutely fantastic - but the 911 GTS is certainly a very loud car and not the most ideal space in which to listen to music. Highway speeds it isn't too bad but under acceleration, it can get very noisy LOL. :D

Nm2far 05-03-2018 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by hbear (Post 14984795)
Or go through exclusive to get the centre locks painted, which is $$$$. (Believe there was a member that did that in an old thread).

I stayed with the CLs, I do like how they look better and can live with the additional challenge of switching wheels. That combined with Porsche not giving you “credit” for deselecting the $4500/rim (CAD) option and selecting the much, much cheaper Carrera S wheel just sealed it. The CLs are also slightly wider if I remember correctly.

.5 inch wider, and forged vs cast. Tires are same though.

Nm2far 05-03-2018 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by Hurricane (Post 14985239)
I do like my Burmester - it sounds absolutely fantastic - but the 911 GTS is certainly a very loud car and not the most ideal space in which to listen to music. Highway speeds it isn't too bad but under acceleration, it can get very noisy LOL. :D

This. If find I drive with the windows down and sunroof open a lot to get a reality check on my velocity, which renders the sound system even more moot.