Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally got my T! Impressions, Review and Mods!

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2018, 12:17 PM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Received 1,220 Likes on 449 Posts

Congrats, Entropy991!

What spec & colour etc have you gone for?
Old 05-09-2018, 06:57 PM
tgavem
Three Wheelin'

Received 196 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by Entropy991
I ordered mine through Porsche North Houston. Expecting it around September.
Congrats. Did PNH say how many allocations they got for 2019 models?
Old 05-09-2018, 07:00 PM
Entropy991
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I haven't locked in yet, but this is my current build. I'm debating the 4 way seats instead of the 18 way and going for the leather interior. Also I haven't quite landed on the front axle lift system. I'll probably just suck up the money but I have a budget I want to try and keep!
I would appreciate any suggestions on options I may have missed.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PKTTX650
Old 05-09-2018, 07:02 PM
Entropy991
Intermediate

I was under the impression I had the last allocation, but that likely isn't true, or I misunderstood. I have to say so far PNH has been great, my experience with Porsche West was less than stellar.
Old 05-09-2018, 08:57 PM
sjglaser
Advanced

I haven't locked in yet, but this is my current build. I'm debating the 4 way seats instead of the 18 way and going for the leather interior. Also I haven't quite landed on the front axle lift system. I'll probably just suck up the money but I have a budget I want to try and keep!

First, your build is almost what I would do if I could have a do-over. Some thoughts:

- I have front axle lift, and I use it. Is the T the same as GT3 regarding prone to scrape? No.... is it handy ? Yes. In the end it depends if your willing to put up with a scrape or two. If you’re careful you may be OK

- Glass sunroof: The white looks bad a** with the black glass sunroof. A matter of taste. A thought...

- LCA: I wish I would have gotten it. Very handy

- All other options you selected are very good and useful.

Steve

Old 05-09-2018, 11:01 PM
911-TOUR
Rennlist Member

Received 303 Likes on 156 Posts

Good to hear another PNH happy camper. I also was less than pleased with West when I was working on my order in Nov/Dec - and very glad I went with John Wright and PNH. My thoughts on your build:

- I don't have FAL in Houston - and I don't think its necessary here. If I spent more time in Austin, I'd get it. 2K will buy 8 replacement front lips - for me that's probably 20 years of supply based on where I drive and where I've scrapped. The worst ding to the front lip on my car is from debris at 80mph on I-10, FAL wouldn't have helped.

- I'm a big fan of RAS - it makes the car feel really nimble and much smaller in short transitions IMO. 100% would get it again

- I'd go 4 way over 18 way every day - Porsche's 4 way seats are just about the best car seat for my build I've ever had. The only one better was my leased 2005 328i Sport - and only just barely. You are welcome to come have a seat in mine if you like (PM me) - as they can be hard to find on the dealer lot to test (though PNH does tend to order more cars with them).

- Fire extinguisher. Because, race car.

- I'd advise you to keep the side-stripes unless you really hate them. They look much better in person than on the configurator - and they give they car another length line, which has the optical effect of making the car look much lower than it is. Park the Carrera T with stripes next to a 991 SPASM without the stripes and the Carrera T looks *much* more aggressive.

Hope that helps!

cheers!
Old 05-09-2018, 11:26 PM
alex_c
Rennlist Member

Received 371 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by 911-TOUR
Good to hear another PNH happy camper. I also was less than pleased with West when I was working on my order in Nov/Dec - and very glad I went with John Wright and PNH. My thoughts on your build:

- I don't have FAL in Houston - and I don't think its necessary here. If I spent more time in Austin, I'd get it. 2K will buy 8 replacement front lips - for me that's probably 20 years of supply based on where I drive and where I've scrapped. The worst ding to the front lip on my car is from debris at 80mph on I-10, FAL wouldn't have helped.

- I'm a big fan of RAS - it makes the car feel really nimble and much smaller in short transitions IMO. 100% would get it again

- I'd go 4 way over 18 way every day - Porsche's 4 way seats are just about the best car seat for my build I've ever had. The only one better was my leased 2005 328i Sport - and only just barely. You are welcome to come have a seat in mine if you like (PM me) - as they can be hard to find on the dealer lot to test (though PNH does tend to order more cars with them).

- Fire extinguisher. Because, race car.

- I'd advise you to keep the side-stripes unless you really hate them. They look much better in person than on the configurator - and they give they car another length line, which has the optical effect of making the car look much lower than it is. Park the Carrera T with stripes next to a 991 SPASM without the stripes and the Carrera T looks *much* more aggressive.

Hope that helps!

cheers!

I think that one big deciding factor for FAL may be your driveway at home or office. I honestly don't think I would be able to get the car in my garage at all without FAL. Just a couple of days ago my wife was seeing me drive out and saw the look of horror on her face. She said that it looked like I was just about to scratch the front on the ramp, and that was WITH the FAL in the raised position, which means I would have done serious damage to the front without it. Then, when exiting my subdivision there is a big drop to the street. I need to leave FAL in the raised position until I get to the street. I do the reverse when coming home. Also my office building has a very steep ramp that basically goes up two stories to enter the garage. I can't imagine going thru that everyday without it.

Regarding RAS I absolutely second your thoughts. One of the greatest options available on the T.

4-way seats love them too. Comfortable AND very sporty. Best of both worlds.

Now that you mention the side stripes, perhaps that is one of the reasons it does look so different, without even realizing that was affecting the perceived proportions. It does indeed look much lower and more aggressive. I can't believe how many compliments I get on the car almost every single day at the office parking lot. And there are other Porsches there, this one just looks a little different, and the side stripes are one of the most visible changes. Had I not gotten the side stripes, I would have ended up adding the PORSCHE side stripes.
Old 05-10-2018, 11:33 AM
Entropy991
Intermediate

Thanks for your thoughts on the FAL. My driveway won't be an issue and my office has low speed bumps, so no issue there.The comments on the side stripes are a worthwhile consideration, I'll add them back on.
Old 05-10-2018, 12:48 PM
white6speed
Rennlist Member

Received 188 Likes on 109 Posts

I have no thin skin here and would ask the group their opinion on a T configured, guards, PCCB, yellow T package with leather. Other obvious choice red T package but with PCCB.
Old 05-10-2018, 01:59 PM
BlackOptic
Burning Brakes

Received 545 Likes on 222 Posts

Originally Posted by white6speed
I have no thin skin here and would ask the group their opinion on a T configured, guards, PCCB, yellow T package with leather. Other obvious choice red T package but with PCCB.
Red with yellow accents? Sounds cool.

But.. Were you thinking Yellow dials? That might be a little bright, but worth it.

I don't want to clutter up Alex_c's thread.. maybe post the build on the other page?
Old 05-10-2018, 02:16 PM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Hi

Just my 2p worth:

* Your spec looks stunning, especially with the PCCBs! White is my second favourite colour for a T!
* I would definitely go for the leather interior. I have it with the Racing Yellow Carrera T Interior Package and I love it.
* I would reinstate the T logos on the sides and the rear. The T is fairly rare. Be proud of the T-ness!
* Try out the 4-ways and if you like them, delete the costly 18-ways to pay for the leather interior.
* I personally don't think the Bose is worth it, especially with the reduced sound deadening in the T.
* I'd leave the Chrono clock in black.

Cheers,

Simon
Old 05-10-2018, 02:18 PM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Originally Posted by white6speed
Hi

That will look great.

My personal colour choice with PCCBs would be Racing Yellow or white, especially as you like the interior with yellow highlights.

Cheers,

Simon
Old 05-10-2018, 08:36 PM
Entropy991
Intermediate

Thanks 911-tour. I would love to see a T in person. I’ll be in touch!
Old 05-11-2018, 04:06 PM
tgavem
Three Wheelin'

Received 196 Likes on 117 Posts

I was under the impression I had the last allocation, but that likely isn't true, or I misunderstood. I have to say so far PNH has been great, my experience with Porsche West was less than stellar.
PNH are the best. Great staff. Everybody are always helpful.
Old 05-11-2018, 10:15 PM
alex_c
Rennlist Member

Received 371 Likes on 124 Posts

By the way, today my order was finally completed in full. What I mean is that I had ordered the "Aluminum Look Gas Cap" as part of my configuration, but for some reason, my car arrived without it. Since the dealer filled up the tank upon delivery, I didn't even check at that moment the gas cap. But when I got home, I remember I had ordered it and wanted to see what it looked like in person. To my surprise, it had the plain black plastic cap. I called my SA at the dealership, and next day he took pictures and opened a case with PCNA. Today the gas cap finally arrived and got it installed by the service department in a few minutes.

Yes, it is a frivolous thing, yes I know is just plastic that "looks" like aluminum, but..... darn it! That thing looks cool!!!

Quick Reply: Finally got my T! Impressions, Review and Mods!