Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally got my T! Impressions, Review and Mods!

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2018, 06:44 PM
alex_c
Rennlist Member

Received 371 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by Cyberbug
Alex how did you option the deviated stitching on the steering column?
I don’t see it as an option in the car configurator.
What UKKID and Chris said above.
Old 09-03-2018, 07:06 PM
Cyberbug
Rennlist Member

Received 75 Likes on 61 Posts

Cool, thanks guys
Old 11-18-2018, 07:57 PM
Haliax
Racer

Received 68 Likes on 25 Posts

Hi Alex! I have loved reading all your experiences and mods for your Carrera T and also enjoyed watching your YouTube video on your first oil change.

I just bought my own Carrera T from Park Place Porsche in Dallas and should have it delivered to me in AZ hopefully next week. It was a “lot” car, but pretty much had everything I would have configured had I bought it directly from the factory. It’s actually pretty similar to yours:

https://vinanalytics.com/car/WP0AA2A...9XJS106603.pdf

This will be my first Porsche and I know I will enjoy it as much as you have enjoyed yours. One question: have you tinted your windows? If so, have you had any issues with the tint on the “gorilla glass”? Also, are you still happy with your Xpel ppf? What type of ceramic coating did you use?

The one modification I am thinking about doing is replacing the factory black plastic trim with the brushed aluminum trim. I think it will look really good with the silver Carrera T interior package. Thoughts?

Thanks again! I can’t wait to join the T club!
Old 11-18-2018, 08:18 PM
Porsche-Jeck
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Haliax

The one modification I am thinking about doing is replacing the factory black plastic trim with the brushed aluminum trim. I think it will look really good with the silver Carrera T interior package. Thoughts?
I am sure it would look very good, but last time I asked for a trim swap a couple of years ago (obviously no T back then but I guess there is no difference regarding how the trims are fitted) the answer was that it would be a simple job for the dashboard trim but impossible / cost prohibitive for the door trim.
Anyway I am sure you will love your T: excellent car!
Old 11-18-2018, 09:03 PM
Haliax
Racer

Originally Posted by Porsche-Jeck

I am sure it would look very good, but last time I asked for a trim swap a couple of years ago (obviously no T back then but I guess there is no difference regarding how the trims are fitted) the answer was that it would be a simple job for the dashboard trim but impossible / cost prohibitive for the door trim.
Anyway I am sure you will love your T: excellent car!
I love this forum! As it happens, I was able to source some brushed aluminum trim from another Rennlister.

And luckily, my car only has the black plastic on the dash and center tunnel and NOT the doors since I only have to base Carrera T interior package without the full leather upgrade.
Old 11-18-2018, 09:36 PM
BlackOptic
Burning Brakes

Received 545 Likes on 222 Posts

One question: have you tinted your windows? If so, have you had any issues with the tint on the “gorilla glass”? Also, are you still happy with your Xpel ppf? What type of ceramic coating did you use?
Check out post #1039
https://rennlist.com/forums/991/1058...l#post15360518
Old 11-18-2018, 10:54 PM
Haliax
Racer

Originally Posted by BlackOptic
Thanks! I did see that post about the "blister free base layer" and was wondering if Alex had done that or not. If not, I was curious to see if he had experienced any issues with the "gorilla glass"

Now that most Ts have gone through a summer, I'm curious to hear what everyone's experience has been with the lightweight glass.
Old 11-19-2018, 01:57 AM
Haliax
Racer

Alex,

I'm also curious about your thoughts on engine oil. Any preference for 5W50 over 0W40 for the hotter climate in TX?
Old 11-19-2018, 05:22 AM
Porsche-Jeck
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

And luckily, my car only has the black plastic on the dash and center tunnel and NOT the doors since I only have to base Carrera T interior package without the full leather upgrade.
Excellent Another example for the "less is more" marketing claim for the T
Old 11-19-2018, 08:16 AM
flynpch
Advanced

Received 19 Likes on 5 Posts

Where did you get the glove box emblem?
Old 11-19-2018, 07:53 PM
flgfish
Pro

Received 162 Likes on 99 Posts

Hi Alex! I have loved reading all your experiences and mods for your Carrera T and also enjoyed watching your YouTube video on your first oil change.

I just bought my own Carrera T from Park Place Porsche in Dallas and should have it delivered to me in AZ hopefully next week. It was a “lot” car, but pretty much had everything I would have configured had I bought it directly from the factory. It’s actually pretty similar to yours:

This will be my first Porsche and I know I will enjoy it as much as you have enjoyed yours. One question: have you tinted your windows? If so, have you had any issues with the tint on the “gorilla glass”? Also, are you still happy with your Xpel ppf? What type of ceramic coating did you use?

I saw this car last week when I was in Dallas for SC'18. My '15 C2 was in their shop having some COV's replaced. Enjoy! It's beautiful.

edit: ps, Haliax... when will we ever see book 3 of the Kingkiller Chronicle? Arggh!
Old 11-19-2018, 08:18 PM
alex_c
Rennlist Member

Hi!

First of all, congrats and thank you for your kind words!

Very nice configuration. You are going to LOVE this car.

I didn't tint my windows, because I think the super-clear rear window is quite unique. Even in Houston I've never felt like the interior was hot.

Regarding the Xpel, 8 months later and nearly 5,000 miles, and the T still looks brand new. I can attest to how well the film protects the paint from bird droppings, water spots, bugs, etc. I also applied the Wolfgang's Uber Ceramic coating on top of the Xpel and on the rest of the surfaces not covered in clear-bra. Water still beads like if I had just waxed the car that same day.

I've seen the brushed black aluminum trim and it looks incredible! I would definitely replace the black shiny trim for it, especially since you don't have to do the doors. I ordered mine with the $0 cost leather upgrade, which replaces all the black trim for leather, which in combination with the all-leather interior looks fantastic.

I'm sure you will have a great time with your T.

Old 11-19-2018, 08:30 PM
alex_c
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by flynpch
Where did you get the glove box emblem?
I got it from Porsche Atlanta. Any dealer should be able to order it. It looks just like the insignia that I put on the engine cover, but about 1/2 the size.

The part number is 90155931520

Cheers!
Old 11-19-2018, 09:31 PM
Haliax
Racer

Originally Posted by flgfish
I saw this car last week when I was in Dallas for SC'18. My '15 C2 was in their shop having some COV's replaced. Enjoy! It's beautiful.

edit: ps, Haliax... when will we ever see book 3 of the Kingkiller Chronicle? Arggh!
That is hilarious that you saw my car (I have named him Hans). They just loaded Hans in a truck today and hopefully will be in my driveway Wednesday.

You are the first person to ever get my screen name!!

Rothfuss needs to get his **** together. Who does he think he is George R. R. Martin?!
Old 11-19-2018, 10:22 PM
flgfish
Pro

Received 162 Likes on 99 Posts

You are the first person to ever get my screen name!!

Rothfuss needs to get his **** together. Who does he think he is George R. R. Martin?!
I think he's holding out on a TV show.
This world needs more Brandon Sandersons and fewer Rothfuss and Martins...

Last edited by flgfish; 11-19-2018 at 10:22 PM. Reason: grammar

Quick Reply: Finally got my T! Impressions, Review and Mods!