Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally got my T! Impressions, Review and Mods!

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2018, 09:31 PM
alex_c
Rennlist Member

Received 361 Likes on 121 Posts

I forgot to mention that I just did a full front Xpel Ultimate Plus on my car. I was on the fence if I should do it or not, and was leaning to the NOT side, but after visiting with John Gray at Gulf Coast Auto Shield in Houston and seeing first hand his work, and the look of the new Ultimate Plus film, I was flipped. He did and UNBELIEVABLE job! This new film is incredibly clear, has no orange peel like other films (and like regular Xpel) and feels just like paint. As a matter of fact, I stopped by a few hours after dropping off my car, and was concerned that nearly 4 hours later nothing had been done to the car. To my surprise, in fact the hood and fenders were already finished! I just couldn't tell it had any film by how clear and perfect the job was!!! I had to open the hood to see the wrap around to confirm that indeed the film was there. Same thing for the fenders (I looked for the fold-in underneath the wheel arches). In all, a fantastic job!

And yesterday, during my drive to Austin I caught a "cloud of bugs" that left the whole front absolutely disgusting, splattered with dead bugs all over the place. As soon as I got back home, I rinse the car, use the foam gun and let it sit for a minute, then cleaned up with a microfiber mitt. It looked like new. Not a single mark anywhere. I'm a believer now!

I will actually do a more detailed separate thread on this topic.

If you are in Houston, I highly, HIGHLY recommend Gulf Coast Auto Shield as they did a great job, at a very competitive price, and excellent personal customer service.

Old 05-01-2018, 11:30 PM
alex_c
Rennlist Member

After a 300+ mile roadtrip to Austin and back, here are a few more impressions:

The car is a joy to drive, period. While cruising on 7th gear it is actually not that noisy. It is very civilized when you want it to. But I guess we didn't buy this car to be civilized!

After I got to a section with lots of "waves" on the pavement I decided to try the Sport suspension... It is incredible how the car stays glued to the ground, and simply does not bobble up and down at all. It just follows the road. Felt like a roller coaster, incredibly planted.

The curves are really fun, and you can tell what a difference it makes having the rear axle steering. It just follows your direction with no complaints.

It is hard not to go over 4k RPM, just press the pedal and it pulls so fast that before you realize it you just went from 2.5K to 5K RPM. Need more road trips to get to 2,000 miles asap!

I was able to make it round trip (320 miles) with one tank, and still had almost 1/8 th. tank when I got back home. Not too shabby, specially considering I was driving... spiritedly. Thank you V1 for watching my back!

It is funny how many people have commented how "different" the rear of the car looks. Particularly noticing the rear glass. It somewhat changes the look of the car by how clear it is, and combined with the glass sunroof, it looks terrific. I don't recall receiving so many compliments from friends, family and total strangers about any of my previous cars. It feels special, an apparently it also looks the part.

One option that may sound a little bit out of place in the T is the leather steering column in deviated stitching, but I just LOVE looking at it. And it is there, right in front of you all the time. Well worth it, and surprisingly less expensive than in any other 911. $400 something vs $600 in other 911's.

Another cool thing is that with the glass sunroof, the rear spoiler actually goes up substantially higher when you tip open the glass. The spoiler goes almost vertical, like a duck tail, and you can totally see it from the rearview mirror. Really cool!

I don't know under more demanding situations, but so far, the brakes have been spot on. They seem to be quite perfect, and feel just right.

Another thing that has gotten plenty of compliments is the T-Interior. It looks unique, sporty, and LOVE the door pull straps. Yes, you have to tell your passengers how to use them, but they add a touch of color and uniqueness. Also I am glad that I opted for the Leather Interior Package for $0 cost. Replacing the black shiny trim with full leather looks killer, specially since I hate having smudges, fingerprints, and dust on the regular trim. At least this one will not get micro scratches while cleaning it. I had the piano black trim on my Macan GTS and as careful as I was, in just a couple of months it was full of micro swirl marks.

One thing that I particularly like is the 4-way seats. After a 4 hour drive, I did not feel tired at all. Very, very comfortable, and great sitting position.

The official name of the color of the wheels, according to Porsche is Titanium. But in reality they should be called "Brake Dust Grey". As much break dust as these cars shed, you can't tell by looking at the wheels. They look exactly the same either clean of filthy with brake dust. The brake dust just blends in with this color. That is good news, as I don't have to keep cleaning them all the time, and didn't have to spend $8K on the ceramic brakes just to keep them clean

And so I don't sound so biased, I finally found something that I don't like so much.... the cup holders! Yes, they are super-over-engineered, but they are so shallow that is nearly impossible to keep anything taller than a sippy cup on them without worrying about your drink tipping over. Well, I guess I will have to drink my coffee either before driving to work, or after I get to the office. Small price to pay

I think I'm liking this car more and more every day.

Cheers!
Old 05-02-2018, 07:48 AM
fueledbymetal
Racer

Received 95 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by alex_c

After I got to a section with lots of "waves" on the pavement I decided to try the Sport suspension...
I put mine in Sport + on the way out of the dealer lot and have kept it there on every start up since! (~150 miles since Saturday!)
Old 05-02-2018, 04:25 PM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Received 1,178 Likes on 434 Posts

Originally Posted by fueledbymetal
I put mine in Sport + on the way out of the dealer lot and have kept it there on every start up since! (~150 miles since Saturday!)

Have I missed the thread and pics of your new T?
Old 05-02-2018, 05:00 PM
JAhmed
Rennlist Member

Received 1,777 Likes on 756 Posts

Great looking spec, congratulations!!!
Old 05-03-2018, 08:00 AM
fueledbymetal
Racer

Received 95 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Wing Commander
Have I missed the thread and pics of your new T?
I posted one somewhere pre-delivery and was waiting until I had some more miles & pics to do a full write-up. Here’s a shot from home until then!

At home
Old 05-03-2018, 01:16 PM
2010panny4S
Rennlist Member

Received 88 Likes on 76 Posts

Congrats and beautiful car. They are an enjoyment to drive. I was considering purchasing a 2018T myself until I happened to find a CPO 2014S. My wife and I daily drive our Pcars so to me it's a DAILY enjoyment that puts a smile on my face.
Old 05-03-2018, 01:30 PM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Received 1,178 Likes on 434 Posts

Originally Posted by fueledbymetal

I posted one somewhere pre-delivery and was waiting until I had some more miles & pics to do a full write-up. Here’s a shot from home until then!

At home

Thanks. Great pic. The T does look so good in Racing Yellow.

Looking forward to more pics and your write up in due course...
Old 05-03-2018, 03:17 PM
Amir@Avus Autosport
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congratulations! The subtle mods are a great touch.
Old 05-08-2018, 11:49 PM
Entropy991
Intermediate

I love your enthusiasm! Make me happy I ordered a T as well. Can’t wait to pick it up and I hope I enjoy it even half as much as you do. Congratulations on the purchase.
Old 05-09-2018, 12:17 AM
alex_c
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Amir@Avus Autosport
Congratulations! The subtle mods are a great touch.
Thank you! I'm glad that the overall comments have been very positive on the mods, as I tried to keep them subtle indeed.

Originally Posted by Entropy991
I love your enthusiasm! Make me happy I ordered a T as well. Can’t wait to pick it up and I hope I enjoy it even half as much as you do. Congratulations on the purchase.
Thanks, and congrats on your T as well! BTW where did you purchase yours? Out of the 5 sold in Houston there are only 2 un-accounted for: 1 in Porsche North Houston (911-Tour and tgavem got the other 2), and one in Porsche West Houston as far as I know.

Cheers!
Old 05-09-2018, 01:37 AM
yrralis1
Burning Brakes

Received 618 Likes on 249 Posts

Thanks! It's nice to see fellow friends from MF here too.

Yes, it feels like a distant memory now. I honestly thought that it was going to be a little harder to leave the GTS behind, but getting into the Carrera T has been enlightening. It is such an incredible and capable car, no wonder the 911 is the yardstick against which all other sports cars are measured.

Looking forward to many years with it.
I say this every time I get in my 911 (for the last 23 years of owning them). Yet having the Macan beside it is great combination . Your car looks fantastic Alex !
Old 05-09-2018, 08:02 AM
Entropy991
Intermediate

I ordered mine through Porsche North Houston. Expecting it around September.

Last edited by Entropy991; 05-09-2018 at 08:03 AM. Reason: fat fingers
Old 05-09-2018, 09:35 AM
alex_c
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Entropy991
I ordered mine through Porsche North Houston. Expecting it around September.
So, you got a 2019 allocation? That's great!
Old 05-09-2018, 12:08 PM
Entropy991
Intermediate

Yes!
So, you got a 2019 allocation? That's great!

Quick Reply: Finally got my T! Impressions, Review and Mods!