991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PSE Install on 991.1 4S

Old 05-02-2018, 01:30 AM
Jasonpdx
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey! I am a pca member, and sunset Porsche is my spot. Ian, Jason, and the shop Forman Ray are fantastic! I will take your advice and chat with Sean and see if he can help me through the order process, the install seems pretty straight forward. I’m so happy to know this can be done for -1400, feel like it’s the only option my car is missing

Let me know if there is any events coming up, would love to join!

- Jason
Old 05-02-2018, 02:53 PM
jungkim1234
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Jasonpdx
Hey! I am a pca member, and sunset Porsche is my spot. Ian, Jason, and the shop Forman Ray are fantastic! I will take your advice and chat with Sean and see if he can help me through the order process, the install seems pretty straight forward. I’m so happy to know this can be done for -1400, feel like it’s the only option my car is missing

Let me know if there is any events coming up, would love to join!

- Jason
Nice! I just joined a few months ago, and just went to my first two events. I'm hoping to carve out some track or at least autocross time, but I'll PM you if anything fun comes up!
Old 05-02-2018, 08:01 PM
saa106
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TwoBit
Maybe try a good reputable indie shop that specializes in Porsche? I'm going to see what they'll quote me.
Call Peter (shop manager) at Modern Aircooled in Houston. They do all my non warranty work/maintenance. Should be much cheaper than the dealer.

https://www.modernaircooled.com/
Old 05-02-2018, 08:10 PM
TwoBit
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by saa106
Call Peter (shop manager) at Modern Aircooled in Houston. They do all my non warranty work/maintenance. Should be much cheaper than the dealer.

https://www.modernaircooled.com/

Oh that's great! I'll give him a call tomorrow. Thanks for the recommendation.
Old 05-03-2018, 01:39 PM
TwoBit
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow I just called this one place in Houston "Texas International Motors" and he said he will do it for $250. That sounds too good to be true.Anyone heard about them? Not many reviews but the ones who has reviewed him gave good ratings.
Old 05-09-2018, 12:44 AM
vodkag
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by jungkim1234
Correct the tips are the big ticket item, there's a few other odds and ends like the muffler brackets ($100+ total) that should be easily reusable. With programming you should be right around the $1,500 mark. I had some warranty work done so they didn't charge me, but from what I hear it's about they charge about an hours worth of labor for it (also with some minor other shop fees).

My bank account isn't nearly the size of 99% of the people on here, but that being said, if you can DIY, I think it's worth it!
So I picked up a center muffler from the classified section (a new one taken off a new car)

My next question is out of all the other parts on the list....what can i reuse from my 991.1S non- PSE exhaust?
Old 05-09-2018, 02:06 PM
jungkim1234
Instructor

Originally Posted by vodkag
So I picked up a center muffler from the classified section (a new one taken off a new car)

My next question is out of all the other parts on the list....what can i reuse from my 991.1S non- PSE exhaust?
Negative, all the parts I listed are needed. It looks like your form SoCal, so probably no rust, but definitely check before taking things apart. Basically the only thing that can be reused are the brackets that hold up the center muffler. Also, you may need some sort of authorization code to activate your PSE, but I was unclear on the details of that portion.
Old 05-09-2018, 06:17 PM
vodkag
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jungkim1234
Negative, all the parts I listed are needed. It looks like your form SoCal, so probably no rust, but definitely check before taking things apart. Basically the only thing that can be reused are the brackets that hold up the center muffler. Also, you may need some sort of authorization code to activate your PSE, but I was unclear on the details of that portion.

Cool thanks!

yeah no rust at all since the car only got 25k miles and always been in SoCal
Old 05-15-2018, 02:24 AM
Advlife
Cruisin'

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I did all the installation myself and the programming and installation of the PSE button was $250 at the dealership.
Bought all the parts online. Did not replace the tips (991.1 S) I reused the vacuum line too and a couple of clips.
Old 05-28-2018, 11:42 PM
vodkag
Rennlist Member

Follow up question: I have the exhaust, I heard that you can actually install the muffler without the button (it will just always be ON) correct?
Old 05-29-2018, 03:32 PM
jungkim1234
Instructor

Follow up question: I have the exhaust, I heard that you can actually install the muffler without the button (it will just always be ON) correct?
I've heard that too. My car was at the dealer for a week waiting on parts as well as getting it programmed. I know exhausts have to break in as well to get the full sound, but when I got it back, it was noticeably louder, especially the cracks and burbles when lifting off the throttle. I think part of the programming also changes engine mapping to assist with this. Hopefully someone with more knowledge on this can chime in . I suggest doing it, maybe timing it with an oil change light reset to get a little more bang for the buck.
Old 07-05-2018, 09:43 PM
vodkag
Rennlist Member

I am trying to do the same, i have the exhaust off. My question is on the vacuum lines. looks like the original exhaust have a T split for the two valve controller. but the PSE two valve controller is connected together and there is only one vacuum inlet right?

if that's the case, how should the vacuum be connected?

Any instructions on that?

Thanks
Old 07-06-2018, 01:13 AM
Pure745
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

Interested in your DIY - I'm in So Cal too.. exhaust it next on my list.. PSE seems like nice cost effective option for what I want. Where are you located?
Old 07-06-2018, 01:44 AM
vodkag
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Pure745
Interested in your DIY - I'm in So Cal too.. exhaust it next on my list.. PSE seems like nice cost effective option for what I want. Where are you located?
I am in Chino Hills area

From what i can gather (picts etc.) looks like is just the matter of connecting the vaccum tube to the PSE.

I realized that you might not need ALL of the parts listed, therefore i now have some extra parts that i can sell to you if you need them. (but i have a used PSE hence i didnt need some of the parts as it came with it)
Old 07-06-2018, 01:54 AM
Pure745
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

I am trying to do the same, i have the exhaust off. My question is on the vacuum lines. looks like the original exhaust have a T split for the two valve controller. but the PSE two valve controller is connected together and there is only one vacuum inlet right?

if that's the case, how should the vacuum be connected?

Any instructions on that?

Thanks
I am in Chino Hills area

From what i can gather (picts etc.) looks like is just the matter of connecting the vaccum tube to the PSE.

I realized that you might not need ALL of the parts listed, therefore i now have some extra parts that i can sell to you if you need them. (but i have a used PSE hence i didnt need some of the parts as it came with it)
Yeah, could be interested, please update this thread with your results. I'm in south OC.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: PSE Install on 991.1 4S