Sponsored by:

Whats in Your Car Washing Tool Kit

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2018, 10:29 PM
Top Jimmy
Burning Brakes

Received 43 Likes on 32 Posts
Default Whats in Your Car Washing Tool Kit

For those of you that love washing and waxing your cars, what is in your kit for both?

-TJ
Old 03-31-2018, 10:35 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,388 Likes on 2,509 Posts

My favorite tool is my MasterBlaster.

I plan to order a Kranzle power washer this summer from Matt at Obsessed Garage.

I don't wax my cars any more. I have them professionally Paint corrected and ceramic nano coated every other year. Had OptiCoat Pro a few years. I now have CQuartz on the car.
Old 03-31-2018, 11:11 PM
Mr. Big
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

I had an AR Blue pressure washer and sold it on Craigslist after using it once. The plastic hose was a real PITA and the pressure was weak. Upgraded to the Kranzle and it's worth the price. I also have a Master Blaster but the 30' hose kept popping off when the unit warms up. I contacted them and they're sending me additional clamps so I'm hoping that solves the problem.
Old 03-31-2018, 11:15 PM
Penn4S
Rennlist Member

Received 1,300 Likes on 730 Posts

2 buckets for the 2 bucket system, Gyeon foam for my foam cannon, soft micro fiber mitt, wheel brush, Gyeon Wet Coat rinsed with power washer, a plethora of micro towels, air blower for drying, have several products for interior (Gyeon leather cleaner, Gyeon Tire tire dressing, etc..........
Old 03-31-2018, 11:28 PM
BlazinPond
Rennlist Member

Received 263 Likes on 165 Posts

My faves...

Kranzle 1122
MTM gun and snow foamer
CR SPOTLESS water system
Gyeon soap, leather coating and most of their offerings.
Kamikaze coatings for wheel and paint
Microfiber Madness mitt and towels
Rupes nano, Duetto and 15 (mark 2).
3-buckets, grit guards
Old 04-01-2018, 12:04 AM
_RS_
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by LexVan
My favorite tool is my MasterBlaster.
That bad boy is scary, not for use inside the garage (by me anyway), it blows stuff of the shelves! I use the smaller sidekick in the garage, slower but safer, blow drying is preferable either way.

Another favorite is the clay bar, doesn't take long at all to get a smooth finish on the paint by pulling up all the contamination that washing misses.
Old 04-01-2018, 12:32 PM
JFerraro17
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts

Slight tangent....

This is the first I’ve heard of Gyeon products. Looks impressive.

So what’s the general line of thought concerning overall brand preference? Gyeon, Griots, Chemical
Guys, Mother’s, McGuires, etc.....the list is very long and I need to get serious about detailing now.
Old 04-01-2018, 01:46 PM
mikeearly
Pro

Received 58 Likes on 34 Posts

cars have been paint corrected and Gtechniq-ed
Wheels cleaned with Sonax
Kranzle pressure washer at 100psi using Gtechniq solutions or Adams via foamer
Letting soap stand for about 5 mins and agitated with micro fiber mitt
Rinsed with water via Kranzle at 100 psi
Rinsed with de-ionized water (Spotless) via Krazle at 50 psi
Air dried with Master Blaster
About once a month Gtechniq detailer after washing / drying
Old 04-01-2018, 02:23 PM
chuck911
Race Car

Received 56 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by JFerraro17
Slight tangent....

This is the first I’ve heard of Gyeon products. Looks impressive.

So what’s the general line of thought concerning overall brand preference? Gyeon, Griots, Chemical
Guys, Mother’s, McGuires, etc.....the list is very long and I need to get serious about detailing now.
Two main schools break down into basically carnauba vs nano-ceramo. Carnauba calls for a bit more skill and effort but yields a soft buttery gleam unmatched in its perfection. Nano-ceramo can be done but most wind up paying and feel its worth it for the durability and hard shiny "pop" look that stands out.
The truth is you can achieve exceptional results either way, so like the cars themselves it really comes down to your personal taste and preference. What it really comes down to more than anything else is boring details like learning to clean regularly and carefully using good techniques like a folded not wadded towel and even then always gently. I've seen people absolutely ruin a perfectly good finish in one or two washes simply because they never learned how to wash it right. I've also seen people ruin a perfectly good detail using perfectly good products but doing everything wrong. So how you do it often times is more important than what you do it with.
Old 04-01-2018, 03:48 PM
JFerraro17
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts

Agreed Chuck. Art over science...but science helps.

I’ve decided to PPF the front end, then ceramic it and the rest of my 911. Been buffing and waxing too long, and bringing my old 968’s paint back to life just about drained all joy out of that kind of “fun” for me.

I’m even considering trying a DIY ceramic on my truck. That means my cabinet full of Griots gets relegated to the wife’s car until exhausted, and I’m looking for a new nano brand addiction.
Old 04-01-2018, 04:40 PM
13mit
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 3 Posts

Sonus leather cleaner and conditioner for my leather.

I just bought some Aerospace 303 for the dash, anyone have any experience with it?
Old 04-01-2018, 04:41 PM
Al.Fresco
Three Wheelin'

Received 327 Likes on 187 Posts

Originally Posted by 13mit
I just bought some Aerospace 303 for the dash, anyone have any experience with it?
Yes, 303 works great for the dash....regular or leather.
Old 04-01-2018, 06:19 PM
go.illini
Pro

Received 25 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by LexVan
I plan to order a Kranzle power washer this summer from Matt at Obsessed Garage.
I'll bite... What's so great about a Kranzle?
Old 04-01-2018, 08:17 PM
alex_c
Rennlist Member

Received 361 Likes on 121 Posts

I'm a big fan of the Wolfgang series of car care products. Their Fuzion carnauba wax is superb! Just ordered a kit of their nano-ceramic coating that I will use on my upcoming Carrera T.

Here's a picture of my detailing supplies. Yes, I am a little obsessive with this, and detailing my cars is a hobby that helps me relax.

Old 04-01-2018, 10:44 PM
RichAA
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Car wash tool kit: two bucket system, a soft brush, car wash soap, and a bath towel or two to dry the car, wheel woolies for the inside of the wheels.

For detailing: wax remover, clay bar and detail spray, Meguiar's Glaze and Colinite 845 wax, Porter Cable and new pads. Aerospace 303 on the tires. I leave my winter mats in year-round, so the interior gets vacuumed and wiped down with a damp microfiber and maybe a spritz of mild soap like Meyer's or something.

The other cars that get driven in the winter (all my cars are black/black) get Adam's Paint Sealant instead of the wax routine and the carpet gets shampooed.

Good topic - ready for Spring!

Quick Reply: Whats in Your Car Washing Tool Kit