Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Whats in Your Car Washing Tool Kit

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2019, 07:04 PM
Monetthecat
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

One of my new purchases this year was an IK-9 Foam Sprayer. Living in Chicago I'm fortunate to have a 2 car garage, but washing the car is a complicated process with pulling out of the garage into the alley and then parallel parking the car across the width of the garage. A pressure sprayer wouldn't please the neighbors especially with a wash Saturday at 7am.

Bought the IK9 after being disappointed in foam guns that simply attach to the house. Overall very pleased with the IK9. Plenty of thick foam and I can cover the car in 3-4 minutes. With the 911 the sprayer does require one pump process to build up the pressure again, but I really saturate the car.

So if looking for a quiet foaming option I would recommend.

https://www.iksprayers.com/automotive-detailing
Old 04-28-2019, 07:46 PM
Agentorange
Pro

Received 554 Likes on 228 Posts

PPF on entire TTS. So my wash is simple and cheap:
two bucket system,
Meguiars gold class soap/shampoo,
Detailers choice micro fiber mit,
Detailers choice rim scrubbing wand,
dry with microfiber towels,
end with 303 spray detailer
Old 04-29-2019, 01:44 PM
bwiele
Pro

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Get some Bead Maker and apply it to the whole car (paint & glass) as your last step after drying. Makes the car stay cleaner for longer. Not expensive. Available on Amazon.
Old 04-29-2019, 01:58 PM
Agentorange
Pro

Received 554 Likes on 228 Posts

Originally Posted by bwiele
Get some Bead Maker and apply it to the whole car (paint & glass) as your last step after drying. Makes the car stay cleaner for longer. Not expensive. Available on Amazon.
thanks for tip
Old 04-29-2019, 04:01 PM
Gordon Shumway
Pro

Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts

I hate cleaning wheels, so I'm always looking for an easy way out to clean the standard CL wheels on my GTS . I got a bottle of Sonax Wheel Cleaner Plus, and tried that out. The stuff is fantastic, and fast. I just spray a dry rim, wait 2-3 minutes, quick agitate of the nooks & crannies with a Speedmaster brush, and rinse off with my power washer. They come out perfectly clean with no muss or fuss. The stuff is crazy expensive by the 16.9 oz. bottle, with most places charging $20.99. I buy it from Amazon in the 5 liter container (10 bottles) for $85 total delivered (3rd party vendor OEMPartsHaus). That brings the cost down to $8.50 a bottle which is at least close to worth it.
Old 04-29-2019, 04:10 PM
freeman
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Sorry for my interference with this knowledgeable thread. Please look at the cars in my signature. It starts with a 1974 914 2.0 and then migrated to a 1987, 1989, 1995, 2013 and now a 2015 991 GTS. Believe-it-or not, none of these Porsches have ever contacted secondary paint or soap. Nor have these vehicles ever been subjected to harmful additives. I have washed each with water and a gentle glove for each year of my ownership. They all look as I was sold to me. them.

All I did was wash each weekly with that amazing solvent called WATER. While each was still very wet I brush each gently with a pad as it must be very wet and perhaps detailed recently. Water is a wonderful polish as long as you understand it's limitations. Sorry there have never been any streaks on my cars. Washing and spraying are the finished product, I used to dry with a gentle glove for/after 45 years. Now I have bought The Master Blaster. I get this entire product looking perfect with about 20-30 minutes with little effort.

The total effort takes me 20 minutes.

Quick Reply: Whats in Your Car Washing Tool Kit