Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

911 T owners club

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2019, 06:30 AM
S S
Burning Brakes

Received 887 Likes on 400 Posts

RAS is only necessary if you want it to be, just like anything else on the car. I'm very glad I have it, but I wouldn't pass on a car you like just because it's absent. You'll only miss it if you've had it before or you're used to driving a Cayman/Boxster, given how they rotate. The PTV and mLSD help a lot just by themselves already with this car.
The only time my MPG is that poor, is when I'm out hammering. Then it should be that bad. Otherwise, it's usually 20 or better. That said, I'm not stuck in traffic a couple hours a day either. Some guys here should be able to comment on that.
Good luck with the hunt!

ß

Last edited by S S; 02-20-2019 at 10:36 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 02-20-2019, 07:53 AM
BlackOptic
Rennlist Member

Received 545 Likes on 222 Posts

Originally Posted by seis-speed
@stout and others....

Is RAS a necessary option on the T? I have located a car, but it does not have this option. Any input is appreciated.

Also, does the car really only get 16mpg w/ 7MT in city driving? That kind of surprised me, when looking at the specs.
I am one of the few (it seems) to not have RAS. I have never driven a car with RAS. But, I don’t miss it. I find the T nimble, unbelievable in the turns, and plenty easy to park. Not that I have them now... but I also like the option to be able to fit 19” wheels in the future.
Old 02-20-2019, 10:13 AM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Received 1,242 Likes on 573 Posts
Default I'm in the T-club now...

Well, guys - thanks to all of your thoughts, critiques, ideas, and experiences, yesterday I locked in my T-build. I'm officially in the club! What a process - holy cow. So much back and forth, and trying to predict/imagine what the car would drive like etc... it's a bit like painting in the dark. But IMO, it's a great drivers build and a throwback to the 1968 No. 201 Monte Carlo winner (meatballs & decals to order next). Now the wait begins.

But again, thanks everyone - it's been a fun ride!

Here's the build: http://www.porsche-code.com/PK26D956 - Guards Red - 20” Carrera S wheels in Titanium black- 4WSS+, Black with Carrera T Interior Package (black Sportex centers / door handles), Seat heating, Fuel Cap with Aluminum Look- Manual Transmission, Rear Axle Steering, Porsche Ceramic Composite Brake (PCCB)- Porsche Dynamic Light System (PDLS)- Instrument dials in Black, Seat Belts in Guards Red- GT Sport Steering Wheel and Gear Lever Alcantara®, Sun Visors in Alcantara®- Personalized Door-Sill Guards in Stainless Steel, Illuminated (911T)
The following users liked this post:
GT3FZS (11-10-2019)
Old 02-20-2019, 11:04 AM
Ikone
Burning Brakes

Received 609 Likes on 292 Posts

Congrats Zeus993! Looks like a great build.

On another note, has anyone gone through the vehicle stats? I found mine showed top speed of 209mph. Unless the dealer went joy riding, I'm guessing that's track testing at the factory?
Old 02-20-2019, 11:17 AM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by bonn72
Congrats Zeus993! Looks like a great build.

On another note, has anyone gone through the vehicle stats? I found mine showed top speed of 209mph. Unless the dealer went joy riding, I'm guessing that's track testing at the factory?
That is SERIOUSLY fast in that car. Really? Maybe on the stationary tester?
Old 02-20-2019, 11:19 AM
Ikone
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Zeus993
That is SERIOUSLY fast in that car. Really? Maybe on the stationary tester?
Yeah, I was thinking the same, but not sure how the computer retained that info. Anyway. Was just interesting. I'll ask my dealer when I get a chance.
Old 02-20-2019, 12:40 PM
Northern911T
Advanced

Received 30 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by seis-speed
@stout and others....

Is RAS a necessary option on the T? I have located a car, but it does not have this option. Any input is appreciated.

Also, does the car really only get 16mpg w/ 7MT in city driving? That kind of surprised me, when looking at the specs.
hi,
dont have a ras on my T. It has been in the carage about 3 months now, but winter is soon over. Few more months and the T is on the road once again. It still drives great without ras. Also more simple without ras, and less things to fix in case of problems. Either way, ras or no ras, you cannot go wrong.

Anyone know, is there still allocations left for T in Us? In euro zone last allocations were available last autumn, so we are not seeing 2019 Ts overhere.
Old 02-20-2019, 01:04 PM
sampelligrino
Drifting

Received 457 Likes on 272 Posts

Yeah, I was thinking the same, but not sure how the computer retained that info. Anyway. Was just interesting. I'll ask my dealer when I get a chance.
chiming in that my PCM displays the same thing in my .2 GT3 and I have you beat, shows a top speed of 217mph which the car shouldn't even be capable of doing
Old 02-20-2019, 01:13 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

There are personal must-haves and universal must-haves. Most 911s are good to go (or great to go, rather) out of the box as complete strippers, so there typically isn't much to discuss with respect to the latter category. And if there were ever a 911 for which this is true, it's the Carrera T. My personal must-have cost options were PCCBs and RAS, in that order. My only must-have no-cost options were slick top, 7MT (which is so underrated in general, but especially awesome in the T) and 4-ways -- the 4-ways are my favorite seats, so the fact they are free and come with back seats is gravy to me. I couldn't imagine speccing a T with PDK, sunroof, 18-ways or standard glass, but again...it's all personal preference. Although RAS transforms the driving experience, I would not pass on a T if it's missing RAS because it's not like the driving experience without RAS is bad (not at all), it's just different. But I would pass on a car that doesn't have PCCBs because I just don't think I can go back at this point -- my pocket wishes I had simply never tried them.
Old 02-20-2019, 01:50 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

Received 1,278 Likes on 597 Posts

Well, guys - thanks to all of your thoughts, critiques, ideas, and experiences, yesterday I locked in my T-build. I'm officially in the club! What a process - holy cow. So much back and forth, and trying to predict/imagine what the car would drive like etc... it's a bit like painting in the dark. But IMO, it's a great drivers build and a throwback to the 1968 No. 201 Monte Carlo winner (meatballs & decals to order next). Now the wait begins.

But again, thanks everyone - it's been a fun ride!

Here's the build: http://www.porsche-code.com/PK26D956 - Guards Red - 20” Carrera S wheels in Titanium black- 4WSS+, Black with Carrera T Interior Package (black Sportex centers / door handles), Seat heating, Fuel Cap with Aluminum Look- Manual Transmission, Rear Axle Steering, Porsche Ceramic Composite Brake (PCCB)- Porsche Dynamic Light System (PDLS)- Instrument dials in Black, Seat Belts in Guards Red- GT Sport Steering Wheel and Gear Lever Alcantara®, Sun Visors in Alcantara®- Personalized Door-Sill Guards in Stainless Steel, Illuminated (911T)
It's gonna be a sweetheart—and good move on the RAS given your Spyder predilections. Can't wait to hear your feedback on the car!
Old 02-20-2019, 02:11 PM
Ikone
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by sampelligrino
chiming in that my PCM displays the same thing in my .2 GT3 and I have you beat, shows a top speed of 217mph which the car shouldn't even be capable of doing
With a .2 GT3 you better have me beat.
That's crazy though. I wonder what they are doing. Probably just some kid manually entering crazy numbers. lol
Old 02-20-2019, 02:36 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

With a .2 GT3 you better have me beat.
Exactly.
Old 02-20-2019, 03:39 PM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by stout
It's gonna be a sweetheart—and good move on the RAS given your Spyder predilections. Can't wait to hear your feedback on the car!
Thanks Pete. I think the RAS is a "sexy" option, that in the city I think can be of good use. And the gauges? White on black.
Old 02-20-2019, 03:55 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

Received 1,278 Likes on 597 Posts

Thanks Pete. I think the RAS is a "sexy" option, that in the city I think can be of good use. And the gauges? White on black.
Nice nice! From what I know of you, I think you are spot on to have chosen RAS for your build. 000's co-founder is a 987.2 Spyder fan and owner, and a bit proponent of RAS in the T. And I like it, too. I even like PDK in the T, particularly with RAS. Not the way I'd order it, but I like it a lot. The T is a recipe that's pretty hard to mess up.

As for the gauges, right on! It's a goofy thing and SUCH a detail, but I have come to value the design simplicity of the gauges in the 991 Carrera as the last in a long line of functional art going back to the end of the 1960s and traveling forward in so many cool variations (911, 944, 928, 955, Design Edition cars, etc) because they looked great and worked even better. I don't hate the 992 gauges, or the Turbo or GT car gauges, but I think the best remain the classic white on black with red-orange needles and no frills. The best of them all, in my opinion, are either the original silver dot versions or those seen in 928s, 951s, etc.—but I love the 991's clear tie to that period.
Old 02-21-2019, 11:36 AM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by stout
Nice nice! From what I know of you, I think you are spot on to have chosen RAS for your build. 000's co-founder is a 987.2 Spyder fan and owner, and a bit proponent of RAS in the T. And I like it, too. I even like PDK in the T, particularly with RAS. Not the way I'd order it, but I like it a lot. The T is a recipe that's pretty hard to mess up.

As for the gauges, right on! It's a goofy thing and SUCH a detail, but I have come to value the design simplicity of the gauges in the 991 Carrera as the last in a long line of functional art going back to the end of the 1960s and traveling forward in so many cool variations (911, 944, 928, 955, Design Edition cars, etc) because they looked great and worked even better. I don't hate the 992 gauges, or the Turbo or GT car gauges, but I think the best remain the classic white on black with red-orange needles and no frills. The best of them all, in my opinion, are either the original silver dot versions or those seen in 928s, 951s, etc.—but I love the 991's clear tie to that period.
Thanks Pete. That one was a tough, first-world, call but the more I envisioned driving it the more I liked the simplicity and throw-back, if I may, to the original 911T dials. The overall interior mine I am sure will be one of the more basics to be seen. I was questioned as to why not the full leather etc... but I'm saving options like that for a full spec TTS Cab - Euro Delivery in 2023 (Porsche's 75th) when my business partner and I hit some goals. So for this "lowly" T, it's a nice daily driver stripper with some really cool options that will see more time up in the hills than commutes to the office. It's going to be a very, very fun summer.

Quick Reply: 911 T owners club